• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Swollen front foot

MommaD

Bearded Dragon Egg
Finally got the allopurinol, gave her her first dose just now. It is .07ml daily.
I have her on BSFL, is there a limit I should be giving her? She just ate about 30 of them.
I just soaked her, and she pooped. This is gross, but does it look ok? It looks normal to me… but I’m just concerned about everything with her right now!

Attachments

• A92AFAFC-97C7-447C-A371-74D7E76440D1.jpeg
    A92AFAFC-97C7-447C-A371-74D7E76440D1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Finally got the allopurinol, gave her her first dose just now. It is .07ml daily.
I have her on BSFL, is there a limit I should be giving her? She just ate about 30 of them.
I just soaked her, and she pooped. This is gross, but does it look ok? It looks normal to me… but I’m just concerned about everything with her right now!
Poop looks good --- feed her more if she will eat more --- they are a good staple so its good to have another staple like silk worms for her to make sure shes getting enough --- feed her as many BSFL that she will eat --- please dust them lightly w/ calcium D3 -- ONE time per day or feeding --- offer her 2 -3 feedings per day -- that way you know shes getting enough -- also w/ salads first thing in the morning --- put them in her salads

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

Ok, that sounds good then. I am glad to hear you finally got the Allopurinol & have already started it
for her, she needs it. What is the strength of the solution & your girl's weight? I just wanted to see the
dose per her weight, what is being given.
The colchicine is helpful but shouldn't be given long term. I hope the previous
medication wasn't an antibiotic since that does make gout worse.
It sounds like she is doing well overall & still basking & eating normally, that is terrific! I'm glad her
beard isn't black.
The Allopurinol inhibits the uric acid production, helping the body to flush it out of the system & dissolve
the uric acid crystals. Once the crystals are being dissolved & flushed out, the swelling should begin to
reduce slowly.
As suggested, keep her protein levels low to moderate to help out her system. She looks very sweet.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

Just checking in to see how she is doing now, after being on the Allopurinol for about a week now.
I hope she is improving for you & that she is starting to feel better also.

Tracie

MommaD

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

Just checking in to see how she is doing now, after being on the Allopurinol for about a week now.
I hope she is improving for you & that she is starting to feel better also.

Tracie
She seems to be doing better. I’m not seeing a reduction in the swelling yet, but her appetite is completely back. It’s been pretty cold here in Utah and the sun hasn’t been out much so she goes into her hide a lot. Not sure if she’s trying to brumate, or just likes the dark and warmth the hide gives her. She’s pooping, drinking and shedding normally. I’m hoping she is on the mend!

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

That is great to hear! I hope the swelling starts to reduce, but it can be a slow process though. Keep
up with her hydration daily as much as you can also.
Even though she might like resting in her cave more, do encourage her to bask for a good portion of
the day so her body will better utilize the medication & expedite uric acid excretion right now.

Keep us posted on her.
Tracie

MommaD

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

That is great to hear! I hope the swelling starts to reduce, but it can be a slow process though. Keep
up with her hydration daily as much as you can also.
Even though she might like resting in her cave more, do encourage her to bask for a good portion of
the day so her body will better utilize the medication & expedite uric acid excretion right now.

Keep us posted on her.
Tracie
I get her out every morning for a soak and to give her meds she usually poops and then eats and I put her back on her basking rock. She’ll stay there for a while, but always ends up in the hide by the end of the day. She has been moving around so much more since starting the allopurinol, I guess I didn’t realize just how inactive she really got before! I’ll try to keep her in the heat and light as much as I can, but it’s hard to monitor when I’m at work all day. I have this entire week off, maybe I can create a routine with her so when I go back to work she’ll stay out more… it’s worth a try anyway!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I get her out every morning for a soak and to give her meds she usually poops and then eats and I put her back on her basking rock. She’ll stay there for a while, but always ends up in the hide by the end of the day. She has been moving around so much more since starting the allopurinol, I guess I didn’t realize just how inactive she really got before! I’ll try to keep her in the heat and light as much as I can, but it’s hard to monitor when I’m at work all day. I have this entire week off, maybe I can create a routine with her so when I go back to work she’ll stay out more… it’s worth a try anyway!
If shes basking most of the day under the lights that is good -- and shes moving around more which is good too --

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

That is great it seems to be helping. I'm glad to hear she is more active & that you are seeing a big
difference in activity. Her joints must be starting to feel better.
It sounds like the soaks/baths combined with the Allopurinol, is a good regime for her right now.
I hope she continues to improve!

Tracie

MommaD

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

That is great it seems to be helping. I'm glad to hear she is more active & that you are seeing a big
difference in activity. Her joints must be starting to feel better.
It sounds like the soaks/baths combined with the Allopurinol, is a good regime for her right now.
I hope she continues to improve!

Tracie
Thank you so much for all of your support, you and Staci on here have truly kept me going through all of this! Nora just keeps improving, I’m starting to see the swelling in her hand go down and she is more active everyday! She has been eating more too, so she’s finally growing! I am so glad I found this site!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you so much for all of your support, you and Staci on here have truly kept me going through all of this! Nora just keeps improving, I’m starting to see the swelling in her hand go down and she is more active everyday! She has been eating more too, so she’s finally growing! I am so glad I found this site!
I am so glad shes getting better --- its great when people update us --- I respond to so many people I forget and its good when they let us know --- Tracie is a great help on this site -- being a vet tech has its advantages :)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am so glad shes getting better --- its great when people update us --- I respond to so many people I forget and its good when they let us know --- Tracie is a great help on this site -- being a vet tech has its advantages :)
How is your dragon doing now?

MommaD

Bearded Dragon Egg
How is your dragon doing now?
She is doing great! Since we started the meds she’s growing so much! I need to find a new vet and get the blood done again, but I know the allopurinol is working, she’s a completely different dragon now!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She is doing great! Since we started the meds she’s growing so much! I need to find a new vet and get the blood done again, but I know the allopurinol is working, she’s a completely different dragon now!
Great did I post a website to find a reptile vet for you?