• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

rex isn't eating very well help

marmite29

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
we have success we tried them with smaller hoppers and both are now thriving,
we tend to have them out of viv a lot more we had them outside in the sun the other day and they seemed to really enjoy that
we bought them a hide so they can hide away when they don't want to interact with us

were trying to introducing them to our cats the older cat seems to tolerate them but the younger 1 just wants to play with the tails has anybody any tips on hows best to introduce different animals to Neko & Rex

marmite29

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
we mist them Every Morning and there eating melon now they both drink from a dish and they have fresh water twice a day

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Introductions should be done gradually & always monitored, especially with bigger, stronger animals. A playful pounce could seriously injure or worse.

marmite29

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thank you for your advice we introduced them again this morning to the older cat and he allowed them to lay on him he just laid down and went to sleep,
Also had them out in the sun this morning not 100% sure how long we can have them out in sun for but they were out for about an hour and both went really light in colour after which was beautiful but not sure if that's a good thing or bad,:confused:

I know I'm probably a large pain asking all these questions but the internet as so many contradictions that I would prefer to get my information from experienced handlers,:)

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Where are you located marmite?
It is completely fine to take them out side for extended times as long as the temp outside is high enough. I will not take my guy unless it is at lest 27c and little to no wind. Usually a dragon will turn very dark in natural light not light as it helps them absorb UVB. If they are going light in colour it may be becasue they are cold.
Oh and never be affraid to ask questions or feel like you are bothering us. We prefer people who ask the questions and want to learn for the sake of their new masters........I mean Beardies.

marmite29

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well the week we had them outside it was between 25 & 30 but this week its just rained all week so not bothered taking the outside they watch through windows

marmite29

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well both dragons are doing great Rex is shedding again and Neko is having her first shed since we've had her both are growing fast and loving the warm weather were having.
Rex put the kitten in her place by whipping her and she's not bothered the dragons since were now looking in to buying or building another larger viv because we have noticed that when we feed them Neko will not eat if she's on her own in the viv.
We have just increased the size of the live food were feeding them and both seem really well would like to say a big THANK YOU to everybody that gave use really useful advice it is very much appreciated and we are making use of the food list all the time.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's nice to hear that things are running more smoothly 4 you. Thanks for the update.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Resize your picture to 640x480 & save to your desktop. Use the (Upload a File) tab at the bottom, right side of the screen to retrieve the file & then post your thread.

marmite29

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well Nexo has finished shedding and is looking beautiful she/he is orange i say she/he coz we believe that nexo could be a male

Latest posts