• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Recipe Swap !

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay, the purpose here is to share favorite recipes...

My all time favorite is my roasted garlic/potato soup....

6 medium potatoes with or without skin as you like em ( I tend to use the red potatoes, since I grow those..) bite sized pieces.
1/2 a bulb of fresh garlic, husked and slivered
1 pint of heavy cream
1/2 cup fresh minced parsley
6 strips of bacon, either turkey or pork chopped into bite sized pieces.
1 med onion, chopped into bite sized pieces is optional.

Partially boil your chopped potatoes just soft enough you can stick a fork into them, drain and set aside.
Take your fry pan, and drop in the bacon... When it is done to preference, remove and retain the grease.
Using a brownie pan, pour in the bacon grease, and add the potatoes.
Roast until the potatoes are slightly brown, and add the garlic. This step is done when the garlic is browned.

Add all the bacon, potatoes and garlic into a large stew pot ( I tend to use my cast iron roaster for these two steps) add 1/4 cup of the parsley and the cream.
Bring to a low boil, and continue until the potatoes are soft.

Serve with the last of the parsley as a garnish...
Bon Appetite !

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay...I'll play. ;)

Here's a good one! Only requires two ingredients unless you like extra toppings (and who doesn't?).

Buy one package of Ball Park Franks. Cook over fire. Serve hot with bun. ;D

LOVE potatoe soup. Bev makes some that's REALLY fattening....so we don't have it often. It's made with real cream.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
my favorite recipe

Ingredients:
1 cold dark beer
1 chilled mug

Directions
Open beer bottle
Tilt chilled mug to 30 degree angle and slowly pour beer into mug.
Drink beer from chillled mug

hahaha

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Guysssssssssssssss ! Seriously now !

Brian I know you have something you make every now and then ... Post that..
Craig same thing... something YOU personally make..

Beer and hot dogs.. Honestly ! *groans*

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
Guysssssssssssssss ! Seriously now !

Brian I know you have something you make every now and then ... Post that..
Craig same thing... something YOU personally make..

Beer and hot dogs.. Honestly ! *groans*

I make a mean collard and mustard salad with hisser croutons does that count? lmao

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
;D

Okay....I just fixed this last week and it turned out really good. Next time, I'm leaving out the chipotles. I did both, jalepenos AND chipotles and the cheese turned out rather hot and smokey. I liked the hot, just not the smokey flavor....at least not so much.

GRILLED CHICKEN WRAP WITH A WHITE CHEESE SAUCE

Ingredients:

One package of chicken fillets or tenders
One package of your favorite flour torillas
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup white flour
2 cups whole milk
1 tsp. ground cumin
8 oz. canned chopped green chiles, like Chile Ortegas, drained
1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped (optional...I hate onions, so I leave them out)
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. olive oil
2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded, deveined, and finely chopped OR 1 to 2 canned chipotle chiles chopped
8 oz. monterey jack or asadero cheese, grated
salt to taste
fresh ground pepper to taste

You can make the cheese sauce prior to grilling the chicken so the chicken is hot when serving. Once the sauce is complete, just put the burner on simmer and go to town with the grill. Just be sure to stir it every so often to keep the surface from creating a skin. If you have one of those grills with a side burner, this would be the best method of cooking. That way, you've got the cheese sauce right there with you.

Cheese Sauce

If using real spices like onions, garlic, and peppers, it's a good idea to have them chopped and ready before starting on the actual sauce. Grate your cheese and measure out all your ingredients. It'll make it MUCH easier to make the sauce properly.

Since I don't like onions, I left them out. But if you want to use them, now's the time to dice them and the garlic, saute (stirring frequently will help keep them from burning), and set aside.

For the sauce, the first step is to make a roux (a 2 quart sauce pan is the perfect size), equal parts melted butter and flour. To properly make the roux, start out with the melted butter on really low heat, then slowly stir the flour in a little at a time. Too much flour at once can cause it to clump. Once all the flour is added, turn up the heat just lightly (the roux should start bubbling just a bit) and continue stirring for about a minute. You'll know the roux is ready when the consistency is that of a paste. Don't let it cook too long or it can turn brown. When creating a white sauce, you don't want this.

Add a little milk and turn the heat up to medium. Then add the rest of your milk and cook until thickened (about 5 to 10 minutes)....again continually stirring. Once thickened, turn down the heat a bit and add your seasonings.

Remove from heat and start whisking in the grated cheese a handful at a time (letting the cheese completely melt between handfuls). This will help it get to that smooth, creamy state. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and taste. Adjust seasonings, if necessary.

Serve immediately with warm tortillas and diced or sliced grilled chicken. I added some rice for good measure.

The cheese can also be used with tortilla chips as a dip.

Now I've officially contributed! :D

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! Drool factor 9 !
Thanks Craig !

You bet! I had a friend over that I hadn't seen in a while and made this for him. He LOVED it!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Janie I will help you out here.

The only Meatloaf I will eat (A Grandma recipe):

2-4lbs of 80/20 ground beef (must be the high fat ground beef)
1-2 packages of liptons onion soup/dip mix (I use 2 b/c I like the onion flavor to be stronger but my gma only used 1)
1 egg
a small handful of bread crumbs
3 8oz cans of Campbell's tomato soup (store brand is ok but Campbells comes out better)
milk

mix meat, soup mix, small handful of bread crumbs and egg until well mixed
form into loaf shape
place into ungreased nonstick frying pan and cook on both sides until there is a nice crispy layer (careful not to burn it)

While meat is searing mix 3 cans of tomato soup with equal parts milk in a large pot. Heat and blend well

Once meat is seared on both sides put in the pot of tomato soup, cover (don't put the lid on all the way or it will boil out) and cook over medium heat about 2 hours or until meat is done.

serve with homemade mashed potatoes. When the meatloaf is finished the tomato soup turns into the great gravy (reason for high fat meat) for the meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds Great !
Though I'm not normally a meatloaf fan... I'll have to try that with the venison ;)

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Apple Pie

PIE CRUST (Make 2)
Step 1: Mix ingredients in lg. bowl
2 cups flour
¼ to ½ cup sugar
½ tsp. salt

Step 2: Using pastry blender cut in shortening mix (Mixture should be evenly mixed and look like small crumbs)

4 tablespoon margarine
¼ cup shortening
2 oz. cream cheese

Step 3: Add 2tsp lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of ice water and press together w/ fork

Step 4: Add another tablespoon of ice water and press w/ fork

Step 5: Place mixture on a wax paper and roll out (use palms)

Step 6: Transfer pie pan, add filling add top of pie

Step 7: Put collar (foil) around edges and bake at 425 degrees for 30 min.

Filling

Step 8: Cut up apples, remove seeds & core

Step 9: Slice into thin wedges

Step 10: Sauté in ¼ cup butter, (top with 2 tablespoons cinnamon and ¼ cup sugar)

Caldo Verde (Green Soup)

4 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
6 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
2 quarts cold water
1/2 lb chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons salt
ground black pepper, to taste
1 lb kale or collard greens, rinsed and thin cut or julienne

1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in 3 tablespoons olive oil for 3 or 4 minutes.
2. Stir in potatoes and cook, stirring constantly, 3 or 4 minutes more.
3. Pour in water, bring to a boil, and let boil gently for 20 minutes, until potatoes are real mushy.
4. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook sausage until it has release most of its fat, 10 minutes.
5. Drain.
6. Mash potatoes or puree.
7. Add the sausage, salt and pepper into the soup and return to medium heat.
8. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
9. Just before serving, stir kale into soup and simmer, until kale/collards is tender and jade green.
10. Stir in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and serve at once.

Coxinhas (Chicken Balls)
INGREDIENTS:
3 boneless chicken breast
½ chopped onion
2 chopped cloves of garlic
6 tablespoon margarine
2 cubes chicken bouillon
salt
ground pepper
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 (8oz) cream cheese (optional)
2 eggs
Bread crumb

PREPARE:

Combine chicken breast, chopped onion, garlic, chicken bouillon, salt, ground pepper, margarine and 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker. Place the pressure cooker in medium-heat. Chicken is ready 10 minutes after the regulator starts to blow steam.

(If you don’t have a pressure cooker, cut chicken breast into 2-inch cubes and cook with the same ingredients in a saucepan over medium-heat for about 30 minutes or until done.)

Remove chicken breast from broth. Finely chop chicken breast to make the coxinha filling.

You can increment the filling with parsley, green onions. But do not add liquids to the filling.

Bring exactly 3 cups of the remaining broth to boil. Add the 3 cups of flour into the boiling water and stir vigorously with a wood spoon for about 1 minute until it become dough. Take dough out of pan. When warm, knead dough until it becomes smooth and dissolve the flour lumps (about 10 minutes).

Flatten dough with a rolling pin to about ¼-inch thick and cut medium size circles with a biscuit cutter. Place the dough in your palm, place a small cube of cream cheese (optional) and a teaspoon of chicken filling previously prepared.

Dose the ingredients according to the size of the dough circle you cut so that you can close the dough with the filling inside. Knead scraps and re roll, repeat cutting circles until all dough is used.

Fold and close the dough in a shape of a drum stick. Grease hands if necessary.

Baste the filled dough with egg whites and roll them over breadcrumb.

Deep-fry the snacks 350 °F for about 8 minutes or until golden brown.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a ton more that I will be posting lol. My husband and I are thinking about making a youtube channel for our videos of us cooking. We wanna keep it to simple meals that taste amazing and use common things. Once in a while we may throw something fancy in it though

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
This is an appetizer type thing (actually we have it at football game parties and such) but it is really good.

This tangy, creamy dip tastes just like buffalo chicken wings. It's best served hot with crackers and Celery sticks. Everyone loves the results!
Servings: 20

Ingredients:
2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup Ranch dressing
3/4 cup pepper sauce, such as Franks® Red Hot®
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
1 (8 ounce) box chicken-flavored crackers

Directions:
1. Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and crackers.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've got a very similar recipe Jiffy and if that tastes anythin like the one I have...omg drool!

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
oh on my recipe above, I use velveeta block instead of the shredded cheddar cheese. the velveeta melts so much easier.