• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

One tough little Lady

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Welcome to the forum Mom2Dovakiin, and thank you :)

Chance had his slurry tonight, organic zucchini, spinach and pea baby food with bee pollen, multivitamin powder, calcium powder, probiotic, and roaches. He seemed to like it. He started looking bloated yesterday and the necrosis at the tip of his tail looks like it spread. The vet visit this Tuesday can't come soon enough. He's still active and full of spunk. Hopefully we can get his tail sorted out, figure out why he's bloated, and put this behind us so we can move forward with his recovery.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Got any pictures of his tail? Glad you have a appointment ready to go in the meantime keep up on your husbandry..take a poo sample, just know since he's new the tests may be a bit off due to stress.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Got any pictures of his tail? Glad you have a appointment ready to go in the meantime keep up on your husbandry..take a poo sample, just know since he's new the tests may be a bit off due to stress.
I'll get a photo today. It's hard and brittle and discolored, unlike the rest of the tail. I'd love to get a stool sample, but he has yet to give me anything. Except grey hairs haha. My poor little munchkin.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
He is a good little guy. Still a frightened baby. When I go to pick him up to feed him I get a baby puff and an open mouthed hiss from time to time. He's so little that it's just precious. Maybe I should pretend to feel scared to boost his confidence haha. Once we get all of his issues figured out, he should feel better and become less defensive.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Got a few photos! It's hard to capture with the camera what I can see with my eyes. It looks discolored in the photos, but if you feel it, it's hard and not pliable like the healthy part of the tail. Vet appt at 11:15am tomorrow!

00e67bf9011d98c80007dab52cc09abd.jpg

16ca0dbd63a2868d0fad42fd99a89bc1.jpg

And a bonus photo of my tiny sweet boy
011c5713b14d17928f51f860cd7e664c.jpg

I can't wait for him to grow into those big eyes. He's an awkward little fella.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
It doesn't look bad in the photos. It's the brittle feeling and the fact that it's spreading that has me concerned. Well see what the doc says tomorrow.

In other news, we got a poop today! Runny, since he's on slurries, but still a poop! I'm so proud of the little guy :) His bones feel more solid, too. It won't be long before he's munching on roaches.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The vet confirmed that the tip of his tail is indeed dead. He opted to treat with antibiotics (Baytril) to try and stop the spreading. I'm supposed to do a daily measurement to check the progress. If it stops spreading with the antibiotic, the tail may sort itself out, and the dead tissue may fall off on its own. If not, he'll need an amputation.

He weighs 31g, and got an otherwise clean bill of health. The vet even said his mobility has improved a bit, which is great :)

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Aside from the tail that is great news. And at least now you know the tip of the tail is in fact dead and have medication to stop any spreading. He's been through a lot but now he is on the road to recovery :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well now you know and I hope the meds do the trick and stop things.. Izzy is missing the tip of her tail it was slightly kinked when I got her and it in time fell off, so hopefully that will be the same with Chance.. he's such a cutie!