• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Official CrypticDragons Hisser thread

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well I just got the shipping information for my 300+ adult hissers. They are being shipped 2nd day air via UPS. the box weighs a tad over 10 pounds Them so BIGGGGG roaches lol.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
crypticdragons said:
Well I just got the shipping information for my 300+ adult hissers. They are being shipped 2nd day air via UPS. the box weighs a tad over 10 pounds Them so BIGGGGG roaches lol.

Wow! Take pics of them crawling all over you. Some of us will really appreciate that. ;D

10lbs.....they ARE big.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
YUCK YUCK YUCK....why did I click on here?!? Please don't let them crawl on you...that is so gross. 10 pounds is a lot :eek:

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I should get one of my two girls in a photo shoot... Sadly the really BIG one passed away this last cold spell..... She was biiiiiig !
Janie
DON'T LOOK SANDRA, VESTA ! ;)

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
OH!!! I'll look!!! And I could probably even touch!!! Especially if it was super sized!!! But to have them run across the floor or be multiplying in my house........I am sure I would not be able to handle it!! Mike once bought 2000 crickets for some critter he had and put them in a rubbermaid container with netting over them. Of course they chewed through it and I had well over 1000 crickets in my bathroom and hopping up the hall!! I picked up the rug by the tub and it was like something out of a horror movie!! NO THANK YOU!!!!! The crickets gross me out enough!!! :eek: I finally ended up paying my grandchildren a penny a piece for each one they caught!!!

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
See that's the lovely thing about the mads and the dubias.... they require Tropical settings... which we artificially offer.
Lobsters and turks don't need said settings, and can reproduce in our respective areas...
See why I like the dubias ?
And those mads are just cool !
Janie

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Janie!! I'll go do some research so I can see for myself what you are talking about!! I have seen the hissers at the pet store. And to be truthful I can understand why you would keep the larger ones as pets. I think I may have thought about getting one for a "second". But then thought "WHO WOULD DO THAT" LOL!!! The same thing went through my head when I saw the tarantula's. Thought they were really neat until I saw the container full of web and it creeped me out too!!! (too many horror movies) I'll let you know if I have changed my mind after I read up some more!! ;)

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol... where you are now... I was over a year ago.... Time and hands on experience made the difference... And Now ? lol... Janie-Roach Queen !

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
See that's the lovely thing about the mads and the dubias.... they require Tropical settings... which we artificially offer.
Lobsters and turks don't need said settings, and can reproduce in our respective areas...
See why I like the dubias ?
And those mads are just cool !
Janie

there are areas where these will breed well. Never a good idea to think things don't adapt.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ladyknite said:
Where Brian is moving for instance. ;D

Yep everything can breed where I am moving. Thats why to turks are going away lol. Far to high a possibility of them becoming a pest considering I have had them get out (thats why there are roach traps in my reptile room lol). With the hissers they slow down and do not breed at temps below 75 so They will be more controllable. Plus its hard to miss at 4-5 inch roach that doesnt run away when it sees you lol.

My 10 lb box of roaches is now in transit lol.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I imagine that as something you'll trip over in the dark.......not something you'll see hiding in the corner. lol

Is Kristen reading this? *snicker*

Send me a roach bedazzled with jewels ...........I'll scare your wife you monkey!!!!!

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ladyknite said:
I imagine that as something you'll trip over in the dark.......not something you'll see hiding in the corner. lol

Is Kristen reading this? *snicker*

Send me a roach bedazzled with jewels ...........I'll scare your wife you monkey!!!!!

Lol you already did that with the turks though I never liked them either so thats all good lol. Im still sending you a bedazzled hisser, or maybe when you visit ill have it waiting for you 8) lol

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh really. Brother there are times where your oral cavity is engaged before the cranial grey mass.

I think we should mail a bunch to your neighbors... for release on your porch... lol
Janie

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
that's fine. I'll bring Poseidon with me. Remember the Albino Red Tail? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
Oh really. Brother there are times where your oral cavity is engaged before the cranial grey mass.

I think we should mail a bunch to your neighbors... for release on your porch... lol
Janie

Im in a apartment no porch :-\

ladyknite said:
that's fine. I'll bring Poseidon with me. Remember the Albino Red Tail? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You know I wouldnt mind, now Kristin's head may do a 360 though lol.

Latest posts