• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

not active all of a sudden won't walk around

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i replaced bulb, lowered it, and put it at about 6-8 inches over him. his activity level skyrocketed and he couldn't appear much happier than he is now
Huh? That’s Awesome to hear, but that’s not gonna have him jump up for joy if he has tremors/shakes? He is not gonna get better that quick. Something seems off here. Did you get the Reptisun 10.0 T5? That needs to be ordered unless u have a fancy pet store who sells it. Coiled UVB bulbs are horrible for a Beardie. And always remember UVBs need to be replaced every “6” Mnths. And is the uvb inside the tank? Make sure it’s minimum 10inches away or more from his basking and hammock. If the UVB is above the screen on top then 8iinches away is ok. R u following all of the above that I wrote u in my last post in detail including the calcium powder, a hideaway for him and the length of time to leave both lights on??? That shocked me when u said u **** off the heat lamp. Please ask and Google all the time. A Beardie takes and needs a lot of care and monitoring. Also I hope u have a digital thermometer and digital hygrometer the humidity should be 30-40 never ever higher than 40. And never leave the food or water bowl on the tank overnight. Also turn the tv on for mellow shows all day like “friends”; Beardies love to watch tv.

BOOTIECUTIE76$

Bearded Dragon Egg
hope this is the right category but i'm concerned. i did my typical routine this morning with my beardie, chased and chased his crickets and all, left for a couple hours to do some errands, but when i got home and looked at him he was laid out on his hammock asleep. i fed and misted him as i usually during the day, but became concerned when i noticed toes and legs were twitching like he was dreaming and walking. he didn't react at all. i picked him up and with not moving his limbs i started to worry. i took him outside to get fresh uv light but still no reaction other than opening eyes to look around. he is still twitching after i put him back. he just closes his eyes still twitching. i turned his heat lamp off and set uvb bulb over him. is this common or a concern?
Can you post pic of his vent? He made full of sperm plugs and no
I would say yes --- how big were the insects your feeding --- impaction can cause them not moving the legs -- and the UVB your using and placement in the tank ? Please post a pic of him and the tank

BOOTIECUTIE76$

Bearded Dragon Egg
Huh? That’s Awesome to hear, but that’s not gonna have him jump up for joy if he has tremors/shakes? He is not gonna get better that quick. Something seems off here. Did you get the Reptisun 10.0 T5? That needs to be ordered unless u have a fancy pet store who sells it. Coiled UVB bulbs are horrible for a Beardie. And always remember UVBs need to be replaced every “6” Mnths. And is the uvb inside the tank? Make sure it’s minimum 10inches away or more from his basking and hammock. If the UVB is above the screen on top then 8iinches away is ok. R u following all of the above that I wrote u in my last post in detail including the calcium powder, a hideaway for him and the length of time to leave both lights on??? That shocked me when u said u **** off the heat lamp. Please ask and Google all the time. A Beardie takes and needs a lot of care and monitoring. Also I hope u have a digital thermometer and digital hygrometer the humidity should be 30-40 never ever higher than 40. And never leave the food or water bowl on the tank overnight. Also turn the tv on for mellow shows all day like “friends”; Beardies love to watch tv.
Can you share pics of his ventsi?? His junk? Sprem plugs are evil . And warm soaks and patience. They can constipated them

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i'll take any help that you can give.
Here’s a pic of the bulb and UVB also I sent u pics as well did u see mine. The long loght is the Reptisun 10.0 T5 for UVB and the zoomed round heat is above the basking for heat!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 2

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
my current one is 18" long. i'm running into a problem with placing it in the tank cuz the heat is making the light fixture hot and a serious hazard of melting.
A UVB 18 inch long that u have does not emit heat. It emits uvb only. The zoomed basking bulb is the the heat lamp & emits heat

nye

Hatchling Dragon
Here’s a pic of the bulb and UVB also I sent u pics as well did u see mine. The long loght is the Reptisun 10.0 T5 for UVB and the zoomed round heat is above the basking for heat!!
I would lower the heating lamp and also put a temperature reader there. I don't think he'd get adequate heat from that high up

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I would lower the heating lamp and also put a temperature reader there. I don't think he'd get adequate heat from that high up
Get an infrared gun from Home Depot and shine it an inch away from the basking spot Thruought the day to see the exact temp. Also get a digital the memo enter from Petsmart it’s $10 Amd lay the black probe on the basking platform tonsee the temp u need both and the Gun can be more accurate. Also remember it takes 2-3 hours to get to the final exact temp and depending on the temp in your home it can fluctuate and make the tank super hot, just right or not hot enuff. If the zoomed heat bulb is above the screen tyoically maybe 16-18-21 inches is good. I raise or lower mine depending on the temp in my home. An adult needs 95-98 more like 97 is a good temp for them. Under 6 mnths old the prefer 100-105

Latest posts