• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Night time.....

Bruce Wayne

Hatchling Dragon
Are you sure? Earlier in the thread you said the holes were too small and the mesh was too thick
412B0F71-97AD-4B29-A145-FAFEF42883B5.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is the new tank
Ok sorry leave it where it is then - your distance is how far from the basking decor ? I would get more decor for him and did you get some digital probe thermometers?

Bruce Wayne

Hatchling Dragon
Ok sorry leave it where it is then - your distance is how far from the basking decor ? I would get more decor for him and did you get some digital probe thermometers?
Distance from the light to the top of the log is about 10 inches, I have a digital thermometer on each side and a digital hygrometer in the middle. It’s not stuck on the wall because I ordered the one you recommended. Temp is going up nicely, but the humidity is only at 12.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok watch his behavior - you may need to get a lower piece of decor - if he starts not basking as long moving away from it they will hide from it if the rays are too strong- that hygrometer may be off too - when is the probe coming? If it is reading accurate from the digital you can place a dish of water in the tank hot side let's see what the new one reads then go from there-- I don't know how accurate the digital ones are w/ out the probe

Bruce Wayne

Hatchling Dragon
Ok watch his behavior - you may need to get a lower piece of decor - if he starts not basking as long moving away from it they will hide from it if the rays are too strong- that hygrometer may be off too - when is the probe coming? If it is reading accurate from the digital you can place a dish of water in the tank hot side let's see what the new one reads then go from there-- I don't know how accurate the digital ones are w/ out the probe
If she start moving away from the light, if moving it to the top of the screen an option?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
18 inches.
Ok so your good on height your UVB should sit about 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor -- let her bask under the height she is at now see how she reacts if she starts showing signs of it being to close get a different piece of decor thats not as close and she will move to that piece of decor as long as she has that option - its easier to move decor or add to than mess w/ the UVB itself -