• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Night time.....

Bruce Wayne

Hatchling Dragon
Yes that will work -- it will go into a larger tank as well -- a 4x2x2 tank or 120 gallon -- do you have the fixture now? I will help you set it up --- show me your screen on your tank please
I am at work. I'll post when I get home tonight. I picked up a new 40 gallon tank, (I know I'll eventually have to go bigger, she's only about 3 months old) the UVB light, 2 digital thermometers, and one digital humidity meter. All your help is GREATLY appreciated.)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am at work. I'll post when I get home tonight. I picked up a new 40 gallon tank, (I know I'll eventually have to go bigger, she's only about 3 months old) the UVB light, 2 digital thermometers, and one digital humidity meter. All your help is GREATLY appreciated.)
digital w/ probe hygrometer -- she will be fine w/ the 40 gallon for now --- she will need a bigger tank by the time shes pushing a year old -- but for now we need to concentrate on the basking temps and the UVB

Bruce Wayne

Hatchling Dragon
digital w/ probe hygrometer -- she will be fine w/ the 40 gallon for now --- she will need a bigger tank by the time shes pushing a year old -- but for now we need to concentrate on the basking temps and the UVB

Attachments

• 74DF03DE-E45E-48F7-80AD-E173AF290DDB.jpeg
    74DF03DE-E45E-48F7-80AD-E173AF290DDB.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 17
  • BA22F54E-781C-4A41-A6B1-954027927FEB.jpeg
    BA22F54E-781C-4A41-A6B1-954027927FEB.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • D6704593-D9BB-4B54-B8E3-4894B5DC2DD3.jpeg
    D6704593-D9BB-4B54-B8E3-4894B5DC2DD3.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
  • D0FE8DB9-F943-4CC1-8083-07BCE160AF2C.jpeg
    D0FE8DB9-F943-4CC1-8083-07BCE160AF2C.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 9

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok the tank looks real nice the screen looks to iffy -- I would plan on putting the UVB in the tank place directly above the basking decor 12-15 inches -- that is the best effective way for the rays -- make sure you have the digital probe thermometers 2 of them and a digital probe hygrometer place on the back center wall -- if you need some stuff to hang the UVB please let me know I will post some for you unless I did all ready

Bruce Wayne

Hatchling Dragon
image.jpg

Ok the tank looks real nice the screen looks to iffy -- I would plan on putting the UVB in the tank place directly above the basking decor 12-15 inches -- that is the best effective way for the rays -- make sure you have the digital probe thermometers 2 of them and a digital probe hygrometer place on the back center wall -- if you need some stuff to hang the UVB please let me know I will post some for you unless I did all ready
Is that because the screen is too thick?

Bruce Wayne

Hatchling Dragon
Because of the small mesh and it does look thick as well --- those hygrometers I would take back and get ONE of these or similar to https://dubiaroaches.com/products/exo-terra-digital-hygrometer?_pos=1&_sid=ac857912b&_ss=r place this on the back center wall of the tank it will read your whole tank
Ordered. While I’m fixing all this stuff and getting the new tank ready, should I use the new light on the old tank for now? Also, last night was the first night with no light at all and I turned the ceramic heater off as well. The humidity jumped up to about 60. Is there a way to lower it?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ordered. While I’m fixing all this stuff and getting the new tank ready, should I use the new light on the old tank for now? Also, last night was the first night with no light at all and I turned the ceramic heater off as well. The humidity jumped up to about 60. Is there a way to lower it?
Your humidity is fine --- you dont want it over 70% --- yes you can definitely use that UVB NOW-- either take the screen off or place the UVB width wise over the basking decor--- you can have half the screen on butted up to the UVB w/ the basking light next to it sitting on the screen -- how far is the log from the top of the tank - you want a distance of 12-15 inches

Bruce Wayne

Hatchling Dragon
Your humidity is fine --- you dont want it over 70% --- yes you can definitely use that UVB NOW-- either take the screen off or place the UVB width wise over the basking decor--- you can have half the screen on butted up to the UVB w/ the basking light next to it sitting on the screen -- how far is the log from the top of the tank - you want a distance of 12-15 inches
The basking decor is only about 8 inches from the top of the tank

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Top of the tank I need to see the screen and what is the distance from the top of the tank to the floor 18" ?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Top of the tank I need to see the screen and what is the distance from the top of the tank to the floor 18" ?
Nevermind I can see it w/ the dome pic --- place the UVB on top of the screen w/ some decor piece directly under it approx 8-10 inches ---- watch his behavior w/ that set up --- see what he does

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 31382

12 inches from top of the tank to the floor of the tank
Set the UVB next to the basking dome either width or length doesnt matter as long as it 8-10 inches directly above him -- please watch his behavior -- he should eat more colors will be more vibrant etc --- let me know how he is doing

Bruce Wayne

Hatchling Dragon
Another dumb question, do I use the new UVB light in place of, or in addition to the 100w basking bulb I’ve had the whole time?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Another dumb question, do I use the new UVB light in place of, or in addition to the 100w basking bulb I’ve had the whole time?
Both of them! The basking bulb starts digestion the uvb helps the dragon absorb / synthesize the calcium right now your dragon is getting no uvb w/ that one you have the coil

Bruce Wayne

Hatchling Dragon
Both of them! The basking bulb starts digestion the uvb helps the dragon absorb / synthesize the calcium right now your dragon is getting no uvb w/ that one you have the coil
Does this look right? Are the lights in the right place?

Attachments

• 34DCD305-3273-4D2E-AA66-FBDE25BF7CCA.jpeg
    34DCD305-3273-4D2E-AA66-FBDE25BF7CCA.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • 5DA9E4FB-3C5D-4805-836F-1979C269C729.jpeg
    5DA9E4FB-3C5D-4805-836F-1979C269C729.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok you should of put the uvb on top of the screen w/ it being in the tank it's probably going to be too strong - since your screen is a wide hole type I would move it to the top - distance 8-10 inches directly above a piece of decor-