• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newly Adopted Beardie Looks A Little Sad

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Not sure why he would be sitting in the water like that for that long. I wouldn't let him sit in there though, he might fall asleep and drown :eek:

julescoffman

Juvenile Dragon
May be dehydrated,try half Gatorade half water in a syringe and drip on his nose to drink,or pedialyte..make sure his humidity isn't too low,that will dehydrate them quick! Do you have a thermostat that reads humidity?

grumboli

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sometimes when he sits at his water bowl he opens his mouth like he's drinking but his head is above the water, so I give him some water then. I also put water on his greens every day. How often should I water him normally? I will try that, thanks! I have a gauge that reads temp/humidity but I'm not sure how well it works because it never seems to change... How humid should his tank be?

julescoffman

Juvenile Dragon
From what I know,between 20-40,that's what vet told me..mine was super dehydrated just over night and drank 6 syringe full of gatorade/water! I looked and his humidity had dropped to right below 10..not good,mist him every day,if he licks the air,he's probably dehydrated,and their tongues turn white..Si's humidity dropped because we built him bigger Viv and the top was too vented,so we cover half the top with a towel and it stays about 30 wich is good.

grumboli

Bearded Dragon Egg
Good to know! On almost every caresheet I looked at I didnt see anything about humidity. His tongue is still pink last time I saw so hopefully he's not too dehydrated. Thanks! I'll water him more and try the half gatorade/half water.

julescoffman

Juvenile Dragon
It's all trial and error,every beardie is dif in there own way,but care is all the same:) this is such a good place to ask questions! My boy has been sick few times and I feel people on here have helped me more than the vets have..but saying that,you always need a vet close by that specializes in reptiles,just incase!

grumboli

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yeah, I'm thankful for all the help I've gotten from everyone on here! One more question. Edgar lives at my boyfriend's house. His mom fed him an earthworm the other day that she found in the yard without asking anyone if it was okay (I know as a common sense rule that that's something you should never do and I was pretty angry when I found out that she did that). Is there anything specific to look out for in regards to parasites/other bad things that could happen because of feeding him a wild caught worm?

julescoffman

Juvenile Dragon
If he starts acting sickly,lethargic,not wanting to eat,anything out of ordinary I would call vet,as long as there is no pesticides he should be ok..but tell her no more outside bugs! Lol

Devildoc

Hatchling Dragon
Cute little guy... If he isn't moving around much it could be from many things temp is a very big one.. Anything in low 80s is close to let's go to sleep. Try a 100w exo tera or zoomed all in one (uva,uvb,and heat humidity will drop do to the heat increase little guy will get plenty of uva/uvb for a 20gallon you might try a 75w.. Download a app on your phone called lux.. Only if you want to download it.. It reads the lights measurements using your phones front camera. You want his basking area to read around 350-400 any higher could hurt him.. Make sure to dust with calcium minus d3 he will get that every 2 weeks being the lights will give him the d3.. This is just my opinion I would also buy a brooder light dome for the bulb it will give you a better output.. Hope he gets happy soon

grumboli

Bearded Dragon Egg
So far he's doing a lot better than when we first got him, he's put on some weight and I've been watering him daily and he hasn't laid in his water bowl since! He's been eating fine and everything, thanks! :)

I dust his crickets every day with calcium, not sure if it has D3 in it or not though, I'll check. Right now he has a 75W heat lamp and the Reptisun 10.0 UVB light, I think thats working well but if for whatever reason something changes and I need something else then I'll look into 0ne 0f the all in one lights. I had no idea there was an app that did that, that's cool, Iwill download it soon. Thanks for all the help!

grumboli

Bearded Dragon Egg
I thought I would post an update on Edgar/Beardie! He's looking a lot better after a few months and grew a couple of inches, his color has really come out and he's super friendly (though I don't handle him as much as I should) Thanks again for everyone's help :)
imagejpeg_5.jpg imagejpeg_6.jpg imagejpeg_7.jpg imagejpeg_2.jpg imagejpeg_3.jpg

Latest posts