• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to the forum getting a dragon tomorrow

weewane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
have been just feeding him his salad on the off days. normally tues and sat, but if you all think it is fine to feed him crickets everyday I will do that. At what age or size should I start cutting back on his feedings?
Ohh and I started breeding crickets for the dragons to try and save some money and got my first baby crickets started hatching 3 days ago. I built a insullated 6ft long box in a shed I have and have 4 27qt rubbermaid containers in there. One will be for hatching, one for a colony, and the other 2 will be for grow up and feedings.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He's too small to hold back the needed proteins... yes feed daily not only the salads, but the proteins, 3 times a day as many as he will eat in 15 minutes.
I've found that the dragon him/herself will let you know when to back off... However, keep in mind that sheds and cooler temps will reduce appetites. Just keep offering as many as he wants...
Mine didn't slow down until around 7-8 months, then picked back up... Also switching up proteins helps too.
Janie

weewane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ok thanks that would explain why he goes crazy when I bring the cricket cage out the following morning after a skipped day. I will increase his food and see how that goes. Again thanks for the info

weewane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Update on sonny it has been about 8-10 days since I weighed him and yesterday he weighed in at 31 grams. I am just amazed at how fast he is growing. here are a few updated picts of sonny

here is a reminder of how he looked when I got him and for size comparison 4.5 grams, and about 5 inchs total length
pets193.jpg

here he is hanging on the wood he was infront of in the prev pict. He is now 31 grams, and 9 inchs long
pets221.jpg

I love his colors hope he keeps the orange
pets222.jpg

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow, you are doing a great job with him. He is gorgeous and is growing nicely.

weewane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thank you I agree he is a good looking dragon, and is doing well and seems very healthy. I think my next dragon will be a citrus that is very yellow. That is my favorite color. Got a yellow truck, a yellow 4 wheeler, a yellow phone, yellow watch, ect... I should have a yellow dragon LoL

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Tom has got some sweet yellow lines ;).. Just a suggestion.. of course.. lol
Janie

weewane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Got a few good pict of sonny tonight so thought I would share. his colors are really startingto come out. This last shed has brought out more orange and also alot of yellow and greenish color. I talked to the breeder last night telling him how his colors were doing and asked if there was any citrus in his background and come to find out his mom was a sandfire and dad was a citrus. So I guess that makes sunny a sandfire x citrus. here are the picts he is now 4 months old

are you looking for me?
sunny4months004.jpg

i'm watching you
sunny4months008.jpg

still watching you
sunny4months010.jpg

can you see me now?
sunny4months011.jpg

weewane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thank you all for the compliments on the viv and sunny. I am making a 3rd viv now for the new dragon that will be here sometime when the weather breaks.

weewane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
new update on sonny he sure is growing. he is now just over 15 inchs long and 120 grams at 5 months old. He is in shed right now so his colors dont pop like they have been

sunny5monthsold001.jpg

sunny5monthsold002.jpg

sunny5monthsold003.jpg

look at all this orange
sunny5monthsold006.jpg