• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to the forum getting a dragon tomorrow

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Your cool side should be around 85F and the basking side 105-110F. You can try a normal household bulb to replace your basking light. As long as your temps hold, that is all you need.

What UV make and model are you using?

weewane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I put that in the first part of the thread i thought, but I have a repti-sun 10.0. I am gonna try a reg 75w build and see what happens.

weewane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well renee I took your advise and swapped out the 75w flood light fora reg old 75w bulb and after ahour the temps inside are now 85.5 on the cool side and 104.8 on the hot side and that is on top of the slate. So it looks like that was the ticket. Now tonight I willsee what the night temps get too with all lights off and see if I need a CHE. Again thanks for all ya'll help so far

weewane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok guys and gals after monitoring the temps last night the temps got down to about 74.2 inside, so I think I am good. The ceramic tile floor and slate in there I think really helps keep the heat in. I checked the tank about 4 hrs after I turned the lights off ans it had dropped to 79 inside.
On a side note I made a salad for him this morning that has squash, apple, and turnip greens finely chopped. I showed it to him and too my surprise he started eating some of it within seconds. I called my wife and told her and she said "what can I say we have weird kids...they all like there greens".

I tried taking some better picts last night but I gotta figure out what setting I need on my camera, as the ones I took lastnight did not turn out that good. I will get some tonight I promise

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
*does the happy excited bouncy bouncy thing*
Can't waaaaaaaaaaaaait ! lol
Janie

weewane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I took some more picks of "sonny" that is what me and my wife have decided to name him (him?)

Here is sonny getting some veggies
pets192.jpg

Sonny stalking a cricket
pets193.jpg

Not the best pict but here he is jumping up onto one of the pieces of slate. Wow he can jump
pets202.jpg

Showing some of his pattern
pets204.jpg

here he is basking on some wood. He gets closest to the uv light on this
pets205.jpg

pets186.jpg

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Aw, so cute. I'm glad you were able to get the temps regulated.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL..............oh that stalking pic.............how cute

Shaken, not stirred.......................James Bond.

weewane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks sonny is settling in nicely. he is eating alot of his veggies and is chowing down on crickets. He is real good at stalking the crickets. he seems to like chacing them. If they run towards him he will just watch them like I can't believe this thing had the nerve to run that close to me. Then once they get a little ways away from him he will sneak up behind them and grab umm. I am deff growing quite fond of this little guy. He has alot more personality than any of my past reptiles.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lol...sounds like Sonny is quite the hunter. These little guys are full of character.

weewane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Just a little update on sonny. When I brought him home 10 days ago I weighed sonny and he was 5 grams. Now 10 days later and I just weighed him and he is now 8.8 grams. I think he is growing alot and looks like he may be starting to shed again. How often do they shed? I am sure it is more often when they are young.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Very much so... Mine at arriving at 8 weeks old would shed right from one into the next... no gaps... But then... I fed roaches... lol...
Janie
5 grams is awfully small... just keep feeding and weighing weekly... that gives you the best chart for progress... Oh... and make a log of weekly weights. Quite a useful tool... ;)
Janie

weewane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
he was 8.8 on wed night, tonight he is up to 10.1. He has a fat little tummy. I think it is cute.

weewane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
weighed sonny 2 days ago and he is up to 19.5 grams now. he seems to be growing about 5 grams a week. he is shedding again which is happening every week as well. I think the baths are helping him with that. He still does not seem to happy in the bath but I guess he will get used to it. He is eating his greens pretty good some days better than others and he is eating between 25 and 40 crickets a day. I have been skiping 2 days a week on the crickets is that what I should be doing? Other than that he is doing great and is a active little guy.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What are you feeding on those two days ?
Keep feeding daily, you'll see the growth and weight increase. It's okay, at this stage they NEED all the protein !
Janie

Latest posts