• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to Bearded dragon

Badwolfe

Hatchling Dragon
Yeah I would definitely say he's quite striking. He has patterning that could be termed genetic stripe I suppose. He's very heavily red in the beard and lower jaw area that makes him even more eye-catching.

Glad he seems a lot happier with his new lighting

Pilf

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks buddy, he was way happier the day he got in my place lol… but yeah he looks happier with new settings… he also kind of request a daily dose of me… by asking to go out for a short while…

Pilf

Hatchling Dragon
7C0F4E32-B3D7-4F30-8D0F-93B4B67A72D7.jpeg

You can’t ignore this… so out it is…

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ah ok… anyway, doesn’t matter to me whether he is special or ordinary, just wanted to confirm the BS that the previous owner was saying or is saying…

I am just happy with him as we get along very nicely and that’s what matter.
now that being said what is a normal phase?
View attachment 31473

You can’t ignore this… so out it is…
Had another person comment and he said this

I'm not really good with morphs/genetics. The nails look normal and the eyes look all black which I think means there are some translucent genes involved.

Pilf

Hatchling Dragon
now that being said what is a normal phase?

Had another person comment and he said this

I'm not really good with morphs/genetics. The nails look normal and the eyes look all black which I think means there are some translucent genes involved.
Well actually his eyes are not really black, they do appear black but they are kind of brownish… I will post a pic of his eye when I have the opportunity to be out in the sun with him and take a close up….

not sure what those terms means anyway, I definitely need to find out more about the different types…

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well actually his eyes are not really black, they do appear black but they are kind of brownish… I will post a pic of his eye when I have the opportunity to be out in the sun with him and take a close up….

not sure what those terms means anyway, I definitely need to find out more about the different types…
I don't know a thing about hets trans I do know translucent have black eyes and clear nails

Pilf

Hatchling Dragon
I am very pleased to say that I have a very happy roommate … he is chilling like no tomorrow, eating well… active just enough… curious, attentive…

I am happy.

Pilf

Hatchling Dragon
Hi guys,
I have noticed a discolouration of his scales in some areas, to my knowledge he shed before I got him…

does this seem normal to you?

0D272537-B830-4FEC-A75C-8595DC92C5DC.jpeg

I hope nothing serious.
Thanks for advising.

Pilf

Hatchling Dragon
So shedding it is… I am relieved, because the previous owner said he was just coming out from shedding, I was hoping I didn’t have other problems in my hands.

So I guess I will erase everything the previous owner told me and start from when I got him…

Pilf

Hatchling Dragon
Is he morphing into a darker shade with the new shedding or it’s because it’s fresh?

Because the colour is now darker and definitely more red.

68C2A3C5-60A1-4AF4-8CBA-D4164C6C15B7.jpeg

ECBFABED-90C5-46E1-9989-EA4EC76F7D5E.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is he morphing into a darker shade with the new shedding or it’s because it’s fresh?

Because the colour is now darker and definitely more red.

View attachment 31715

View attachment 31716
Dragons will change color as they get older and each shed - eventually he will become the color his genetics are - I lost count of how many times Hiccup changed color after shedding

Pilf

Hatchling Dragon
Dragons will change color as they get older and each shed - eventually he will become the color his genetics are - I lost count of how many times Hiccup changed color after shedding
Sweet… that’s something to look forward to

Pilf

Hatchling Dragon
Tomorrow I am upgrading the loft of my big boy… excited about that.

Pictures to come…

Pilf

Hatchling Dragon
Today was a day out… I decided to take him out for 15 mins… the temps are slowly getting up and we are blessed with few sunny days ahead…

733C1794-C7E9-4703-9702-F145141C272D.jpeg

Pilf

Hatchling Dragon
Step by step I am upgrading his enclosure…

Today I found a cheap Buddha repro and decided to make him a present.

I will do his vivarium nicely when I move places…

8AB733A5-B37A-40A8-86EA-0DA8E47092B7.jpeg