• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to Bearded dragon

Pilf

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so I made something for the cold side.

F7CF6690-A246-4BD2-9748-19B878A498F0.jpeg

ADC90B2B-0952-4007-8067-5759696998EC.jpeg

FAEB2844-5DDE-4292-8448-1E8F30241D20.jpeg

41259D6A-DDC1-4DD7-83C3-A245C9DFC700.jpeg

I think this should work, I’ll keep an eye on it at the beginning, that it doesn’t fall appart…

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here is a side by side comparaison.

View attachment 31438

1: original set up from previous owner for the first 3 years of his life ( no working heat bulbe at the time of rescue, no UVB lighting.

2: my original set up, which consist of a 60w heat lamp and a 18w UVB tube mounted on a regular fixture.

3: here is my final set up, same heat light and an Arcadia T5 Pro 39w 12%.

the lighting is just amazing… I am seeing new colors in my boy that pops out with the new tube and it should only get better from now on.

thanks guys for the advice: @Sadie & @Badwolfe
It looks like hes enjoying the UVB --- did you get the digital probe thermometers as I dont see any in the tank-

Pilf

Hatchling Dragon
It looks like hes enjoying the UVB --- did you get the digital probe thermometers as I dont see any in the tank-
I have one but I do not leave it in… I have a big one that sits in between the 2 zones and I am doing check up with my probe thermo from time to time…

Pilf

Hatchling Dragon
I also decided to clean up my locust vivarium cover as I made a very easy cover with my chicken wire… thinking soon I may have little buggers who want to attempt a prison break…

2C465C32-EEF6-40AC-9E1F-ADB419E38C2D.jpeg

It is way better now and I replaced the chicken wire with Miskito net instead.

Pilf

Hatchling Dragon
Well little update, he clearly enjoys his new light, his colour are actually piping now and I guess it will only get better but he doesn’t spend as much time underneath in comparaison to the previous tube.

my take is he needed to stay way longer under the tube before as it wasn’t the correct set up and he couldn’t get enough of what he required as opposed to now with the Arcadia… he comes and go but mainly stays under the heat light now.

Another point is that since he never lived under the correct set up, he probably need to adjust, to get use to so much goodness…

3rd point, I may need to raise slightly the UVB tube as I am shy of the min 12 inches required. A simple raise up support will do the trick, will make it adjustable, from 12-15 inches.

but all and all he seem to like his new living conditions, he eats well (not picky on bugs anymore he destroy anything ) he is actif, his colour are starting to show nicely and he wishes to come to me from time to time to see something else, enjoy my shoulder. He is very aware of his surroundings, I placed his enclosure at eye level when I am seated… Since I threw my TV 17 years ago, I am entertained by him and funny enough I am entertaining him the same way…

These are my kind… I really enjoy their company and interact with this beautiful animal so distant from us and yet so docile and gentle…

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well little update, he clearly enjoys his new light, his colour are actually piping now and I guess it will only get better but he doesn’t spend as much time underneath in comparaison to the previous tube.

my take is he needed to stay way longer under the tube before as it wasn’t the correct set up and he couldn’t get enough of what he required as opposed to now with the Arcadia… he comes and go but mainly stays under the heat light now.

Another point is that since he never lived under the correct set up, he probably need to adjust, to get use to so much goodness…

3rd point, I may need to raise slightly the UVB tube as I am shy of the min 12 inches required. A simple raise up support will do the trick, will make it adjustable, from 12-15 inches.

but all and all he seem to like his new living conditions, he eats well (not picky on bugs anymore he destroy anything ) he is actif, his colour are starting to show nicely and he wishes to come to me from time to time to see something else, enjoy my shoulder. He is very aware of his surroundings, I placed his enclosure at eye level when I am seated… Since I threw my TV 17 years ago, I am entertained by him and funny enough I am entertaining him the same way…

These are my kind… I really enjoy their company and interact with this beautiful animal so distant from us and yet so docile and gentle…
Sounds like some bonding time going on there he will sit under his UVB for the amount of time they need to
so if hes sitting under it shorter time periods that is his doing and not the UVB itself they go to the light and heat they need

Pilf

Hatchling Dragon
Sounds like some bonding time going on there he will sit under his UVB for the amount of time they need to
so if hes sitting under it shorter time periods that is his doing and not the UVB itself they go to the light and heat they need
I think in a month time, he had the chance to realise he is in a good place now and someone actual care about him, which makes the whole difference in general attitude.

Pilf

Hatchling Dragon
Could anyone tell me what type of bearded dragon I have, I have notion that is a red… not sure if that is correct…

here are some shots of him:
1598FE8B-AD71-4632-9BAD-C5A3E6BDEF5F.jpeg

520A0A8F-72FA-4D82-81C5-FFA5811EBAD1.jpeg

76F50DBE-B2E5-4CD8-A6F7-EAE50EADA7B7.jpeg
9E352CD3-F3A7-4802-88B7-708F8FA503E4.jpeg

when it comes to types of dragon, I am lost. Although I am pretty sure it’s not that complexe.

Pilf

Hatchling Dragon
Here are pictures of his nails… I think they look ok… if they get longer they might need to be cut. Again don’t know nothing about the right length they should be so, here I am asking advise.

89688D67-C440-4476-9106-3C3AD4E9AD9B.jpeg

RastaMaDukes

Hatchling Dragon
I noticed in fact when ever he was super actif… is when he needed to have a good poo done… are they always feeling uncomfortable when they need to poo?
My dragon does get more active and wants out because she don’t want to poop in her house. I put her in a plastic tote box with paper towels and spray her with a little water n she goes poop. I clean up the paper towels right away n we are all happy. She hates to poop in her house!!!

Pilf

Hatchling Dragon
My dragon does get more active and wants out because she don’t want to poop in her house. I put her in a plastic tote box with paper towels and spray her with a little water n she goes poop. I clean up the paper towels right away n we are all happy. She hates to poop in her house!!!
Mine don’t have problem doing it in lol but I usually clean straight away so nothing to worry… but he is a twerker alright!

Pilf

Hatchling Dragon
This is what she said
Looks like a normal phase but has a unique pattern and nice fiery beard. :)
So what a normal phase mean? The pattern on his back may look a bit like this of a Python… if you have good imagination… and the beard is awesome, I have a beard too… but other then that… nothing special then… because the previous owner can’t stop telling me he is a rare red… worth a lot bla-bla-bla and I just want to make sure it’s like everything I have been told from previous owner… which is Bull…

now that being said what is a normal phase?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So what a normal phase mean? The pattern on his back may look a bit like this of a Python… if you have good imagination… and the beard is awesome, I have a beard too… but other then that… nothing special then… because the previous owner can’t stop telling me he is a rare red… worth a lot bla-bla-bla and I just want to make sure it’s like everything I have been told from previous owner… which is Bull…

now that being said what is a normal phase?
I think she meant normal pogona dragon I will ask her what she meant

Pilf

Hatchling Dragon
Ah ok… anyway, doesn’t matter to me whether he is special or ordinary, just wanted to confirm the BS that the previous owner was saying or is saying…

I am just happy with him as we get along very nicely and that’s what matter.