• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Owner! Please help!!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The head up is weird but if it is URI ive read it could be a symptom, any experience there? he is eating some dubias and pooping once a day around 11, the lamp is about 6 1/2 - 7 in away & the basking skeleton thing gets to 110 at the hottest tip (he basks there the most) and gives a pretty good gradient down to 106 on the spine of it
The head up is a normal behavior --- it almost looks like hes stargazing but little beardies will do the head up thing -- if he was doing it constantly then that would be stargazing-- and alot of other more symptoms of a virus -- he looks good --

Zontar’s Mom

Juvenile Dragon
its not so much his behavior, its the lack of appetite and labored breathing/popping that's really stressing me :( If it wasn't for you guys my head would have exploded with all the misinformation out there so just wanted to say thank you! But i tried to get some picture of him mid breath but these are the best the would let me get( first two are the near straight up positions that have me worried) (rest i just took)
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui...797491&th=179f6f7980d97433&view=att&disp=safe
View attachment 27666View attachment 27667View attachment 27668View attachment 27669View attachment 27670View attachment 27671View attachment 27672View attachment 27673
lol look at that face!!! he is adorable. I agree with Sadie and Skybug. He looks great to me . He is shedding.

Toothless & Lil Man mommy

Hatchling Dragon
yeah
So yesterday I finally purchased my little guy, and brought him home. Right before his light turned off I was looking him over and noticed that his left nostril seemed to be covered :( I've also noticed him rub his face on his basking rock seemingly trying to clear it & it seems to bother him :( I've been researching all the different things it could be and started with shed , so I soaked him in a bath for about 5-10 min and attempted to clear it gently with a q-tip to no change. Any experienced owners know what it is? Just to be sure he's not stargazing as well I added a pic of him basking, sorry if its just paranoia I just wanna make sure my lil man is all good. Looking for a reptile vet in my area currently as well for a general checkup, wanna make sure he's all tip top! (First is right nostril second is abnormal one)View attachment 27554View attachment 27555View attachment 27557
yeah cause my lil girl did that and it was from her shedding and i end up having to slowly pull it out but i wet her face first ever since then she haven't had anymore problems with her nose just seems like it always her feet lol but i would keep and eye on the swelling tho
The one nostril looks swollen --- this could be shed they do swell at times w/ shed coming on --- keep an eye on it and it gets worse w/ the swelling you might want a vet visit www.arav.org
Your basking light and the one next to it what are they? Is one a MVB? If it is what brand and wattage please - the basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? NO stick ons please they are inaccurate -- you need a digital probe thermometer -- If your feeding crickets please dont leave them in the tank --- feed one at a time or two but they should not be left in the tank -- the UVB and basking lights are the TWO MOST important things in that tank -- they control the over all health and behavior of t