• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New member from Ohio

rowsley

Hatchling Dragon
Hey Patsy do you think its necessary to sprinkle calcium w/d3 on their salads? Their first feeding of insects get dusted also. But these 2 are starting to eat all of their salads now. I was really surprised and its not like a little salad. I fill their bowl up completely with chopped up endive, collard greens, and butternut squash. By the end of the day it's gone. I just don't want to over do it. Kujo has almost doubled in size in the little time we have had him. He has shed twice in less than a month.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I feel if you offer enough variety in their salads you shouldn't need to dust that along with their bugs. Now I just learned with my girl she will eat a salad if only if it is dusted. I think seeing the white powder on green tricks her into thinking it's a bug. So I dust her salad and my boys I just leave alone.

rowsley

Hatchling Dragon
I feel if you offer enough variety in their salads you shouldn't need to dust that along with their bugs. Now I just learned with my girl she will eat a salad if only if it is dusted. I think seeing the white powder on green tricks her into thinking it's a bug. So I dust her salad and my boys I just leave alone.
I will just start feeding veggies plain then, just to be safe. I think it's the orange butternut squash that catches their eye.

I only ever take a small pinch, and sprinkled it on there any way. The other night my wife said when she was holding yoshi, she fell asleep on her shirt, and her head started to twitch. After she told me that I started getting worried that I was doing something wrong with dusting with calcium. I've only been dusting first feeding of crickets 5x a week and like I said a tiny pinch sprinkled on their salad. I personally haven't seen her do anything like that, and she acts normal. I'll just keep it to the first feeding of bugs though. Both are very active, alert, and have very good appetites.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would just keep an eye on Yoshi. It's possible your wife's hair or something ticked her and made her twitch.