• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New member from Ohio

rowsley

Hatchling Dragon
Lol it just split showing his beautiful colors.
uploadfromtaptalk1433962772538.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Move the UVB light closer to the middle of the tank and put the dome on the front mesh panel. The light will melt the plastic. With the domes that flare out we used to bend them a bit to make them fit within the plastic grid. They now make smaller deep dome fixtures that will fit perfectly.

rowsley

Hatchling Dragon
Move the UVB light closer to the middle of the tank and put the dome on the front mesh panel. The light will melt the plastic. With the domes that flare out we used to bend them a bit to make them fit within the plastic grid. They now make smaller deep dome fixtures that will fit perfectly.
Ok ill give it a go. Just wasnt sure if the ubv light was providing just straight down or all of the tank

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You're good. The UV covers the length of the tank, and yet gives them an area that they can not be directly under it.

rowsley

Hatchling Dragon
You're good. The UV covers the length of the tank, and yet gives them an area that they can not be directly under it.
Sorry to keep picking your brain. I just watched Yoshi eat his dead skin that fell off. Is that normal, or at least do you know if that's OK or do I need to clean it up asap. I already plan on cleaning it today. Besides the skin they got veggies everywhere and some pooh stains lol

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It's perfectly fine if they eat their skin. They don't do it all the time like a frog does so it's kinda shocking when they do.

rowsley

Hatchling Dragon
So here's a question which I find ammusing but want to know if it has any special meaning. I can hold both and kujo for extended periods of time with no problems. When the wife has either of them, they always poop on her lol. Is this that just coincidence or are they doing it for a reason.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
LOL, I'm sure it's just coincidence. I always make sure that they've pooped before I let them to of their tanks.

rowsley

Hatchling Dragon
Found this book at the library this morning. 200 pages worth of info on bearded dragons.
uploadfromtaptalk1434466864399.jpg
hopefully some good reading material. [emoji2]

rowsley

Hatchling Dragon
Took awhile. I wasnt spending 30 to rent the saw so I just bought a tungsten carbide blade for my hacksaw and cut all my stone tile by hand.I think it turned out great. I like it alot. It has already been pooped on, and wipes right off.
uploadfromtaptalk1434662054800.jpg

rowsley

Hatchling Dragon
It looks great! I love how you mixed the different sized tiles.
Thank you. It was fun and I found a good deal on the stone tile. Got a order from Josh's frogs today with the rep cal brand ultra fine calcium w/d3 and herpavite. So finally can get them started on their vitamins this weekend. Ordered 16oz water crystal and they only sent me 12 oz. I emailed them. Hopefully they will fix it.

I also got 2000 dubia roaches hopefully growing so I can start my own colony. Took advantage of Josh's frogs 1000 banded crickets for 9.99. Glad I checked them out after you mentioned you used them. Every order from them has got here in 2 days.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yeah they ship fast and the times I needed it, they have good customer service. I didn't get to take advantage of the $9.99 crickets. They only had 250 1/2" ones left by the time I went to order. I would go through those in no time!

rowsley

Hatchling Dragon
Yeah they ship fast and the times I needed it, they have good customer service. I didn't get to take advantage of the $9.99 crickets. They only had 250 1/2" ones left by the time I went to order. I would go through those in no time!
I was iffy about buying the 1000 adult crickets BC of size but for 9.99 and once I received them none were dead and they are closer to half a inch. Their legs come off really easy for whatever reason. I had about 10 loose in the house lol. But easily gave away their locations at night when lights were off. Basically opened the flaps of the box and low and behold their were a thousand crickets. It was a pain dumping them in my 10 gallon. So I went and bought a tall clear tote and feeding them bunches of veggies and water crystals. I'm amazed how fast they can destroy a bowl of veggies.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I keep mine in a 10 gallon and give them lots of hiding spots. I know what you mean though. When you first get them they swarm those veggies like they've never eaten anything before!

Latest posts