• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Dragon lover

Valiant

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes. In the mornings I hold him for a bit in my hands while he warms up. He is enjoying that and the head pets. He is making progress. Not fighting me anymore when I hold him. But he still runs when he sees my hand. From what I read most babies are flighty. So he will grow out of it in time. He's shedding his skin from his tail right now. He's gotten a bit bigger since I bought him. I saw his siblings at the store the other day. He was the second smallest, but now he's bigger then them

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Just be patient, sounds like he is coming around. Sometimes shedding makes them real cranky and jumpy. My new girl is going through a serious shed right now and she does not want to be touched at all! She wants to eat but the minute I try to touch a spot where there is shed she flinches.

Glad to hear he's growing good :)

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just be patient, sounds like he is coming around. Sometimes shedding makes them real cranky and jumpy. My new girl is going through a serious shed right now and she does not want to be touched at all! She wants to eat but the minute I try to touch a spot where there is shed she flinches.

Glad to hear he's growing good :)
awe bless Dolly's heart can't wait to see her new healthy scales!

Valiant

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Love mornings with him. Only time he just relaxes and enjoyed being held.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    963.3 KB · Views: 11

Valiant

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Finally got the sides and back covered. Ran out just a bit at the bottom that still needs covered, but hopefully this is the last issue he has and hopefully he can learn to relax.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 8

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Finally got the sides and back covered. Ran out just a bit at the bottom that still needs covered, but hopefully this is the last issue he has and hopefully he can learn to relax.
Looking really good... As babies they tend to be more skittish just keep going slow and hold him when he's sleepy and I'm sure in time it will be all good.

Latest posts