• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New bearded dragon. What would his coloration be called??

Portmanmike

Juvenile Dragon
Ever book I ever read on dragons and the fact that Australia where they come from humidity is higher then 20%

Portmanmike

Juvenile Dragon
image.jpg

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
It was first thing in the mornin it hadnt had chance ti warm up. I have 2 probs 1 at hot end n 1 at cooler end its usually around 40 c hot end.

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The uvb should be as close as possible to the heat source, as your bd will spend more time under it's near source than anywhere, generally. The "coil" type uvb can cause eye issues. The "tube" style lights seem to be much better. The link below is just a reference. I would also suggest getting a probe style thermometer. The stick on ones measure the temp they are stuck to (in your case, glass). You can get a probe style one in your local pet shop. The aquatic ones work very well, and are usually around $12.

http://m.petco.com/product/102889/Zoo-Med-Reptisun-100-UVB-Bulb-for-Reptiles.aspx

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Sorry about my last post. Your thermometer appears to be a probe one. Just make sure the probe is placed at the hottest spot. I would say that would probably be on on the rock on the right side of the tank. Also, beardies don't usually drink standing water, and a water dish can increase humidity. You can remove the dish. It's not necessary.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Yeh I no the uvb bulb isnt the best. Need around £40 for the fitting ang the bulb lookin to get it at the end of the month :) thanks for the heads up anyway tho.

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
In the meantime, you really should move that uvb over so it's right next to the heat source. If your little one is hanging out on that side, it's getting zero uvb.

Latest posts