• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New bearded dragon. What would his coloration be called??

anthony.price.50767984

Juvenile Dragon
I bathe mine every day and he has never pooped in his water. Idk why? Awww how cute!! My little guy is so small I still give him a bath in the sink
Mine did go in the sink but they are big enough for a bath now she is a little darling how ever
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395291085.282749.jpg
macho man is a little tear away hehe he's alryt once he's been picked up just tries to show u whos boss but actually i am hehe

BethanyBrianne

Bearded Dragon Egg
Awww how cute is that the male or female? What did he/she look like as a baby/juvenile?? Im trying to get an idea of what mine will look like as an adult.

anthony.price.50767984

Juvenile Dragon
Awwww so cute!!! :) wow he changed a lot! So I guess the only way to tell what theyll look like as adults is to wait and see?
Ermm yea their colours stand out alot more the older they get u will find the colours go dark and light on there body if they go really dark just check the temp of the tank and feel ur beardie to make sure he/she is warm

smokejunky

Juvenile Dragon
Did u get him from a pet co or pets mart? If so their beardies come from a sand fire line.i would consider him a red or orange right now but as he gets older his colors may change

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Very cute beardie.

Baby beardies don't need as much greens as adults. So don't worry of they don't eat them.. Live food is best at its young age.

Temps.

Basking should be 110-115 for your beardies age. Cool side should be 80-85 and humidity 10-20%. At night it can drop as low as 65degree with no issue. If it drops lower than that u need a ceramic heat bulb.

Also make sure you have a tube style Uvb bulb. 10.0 either reptiglo or reptisun both are good.

20 gallon long is perfect for your beardie and easy to keep temps until he/she grows. I still house mine in a 20 long and he's 18" but being moved into new viv soon.

Make sure to dust With calcium with D3 everyday and twice a week with multi vitamins.

Cheers

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Aw wot a lovely little one, yeh u cnt really tell wot they gunna look like wen they older as their colours can change with each shed. Im new to beardie well fairly new myself but its pretty easy to pik up. One thing I have learnt ova the past couple of months is every beardie id different they have such unique personalities there moods can change and the colour also changes with them. Its stange really ..... In the mornin diego is very dark fir the first couple of hours until he warms up then hes quite light. He goes a lot darker wen he is hungry or hunting his locus. At the min he has a grey top of head n grey arms n legs where he gettin ready to shed. Poor thing. Wen I first got Diego wich was on the 26 th of jan (best bday prezzie eva!!!) and he was all browns n sandy colours now he has yellow in his beard n orange down his spikes so yeh they do change alll the time. Just like luvthemanimal sed as long as his viv is clean warm n homely then he will b fine. Most u read will give u the temps in f. Wereas coz im from uk I needed them in c. So its around 40 c for hot end n around 28 for tye cooler end. Ive had both tile n sand for flooring an id say if u can have tile. Easy to clean cheap keeps the temps up and looks awsum. ;) hope ur beardie brings u as much joy as mines brought me :):)

BethanyBrianne

Bearded Dragon Egg
Did u get him from a pet co or pets mart? If so their beardies come from a sand fire line.i would consider him a red or orange right now but as he gets older his colors may change

Im really not sure where he came from actually. I got him from a friend who got him from someone else. yeah when hes under his light his orange gets so bright it almost looks neon-ish. Its neat!

BethanyBrianne

Bearded Dragon Egg
Very cute beardie.

Baby beardies don't need as much greens as adults. So don't worry of they don't eat them.. Live food is best at its young age.

Temps.

Basking should be 110-115 for your beardies age. Cool side should be 80-85 and humidity 10-20%. At night it can drop as low as 65degree with no issue. If it drops lower than that u need a ceramic heat bulb.

Also make sure you have a tube style Uvb bulb. 10.0 either reptiglo or reptisun both are good.

20 gallon long is perfect for your beardie and easy to keep temps until he/she grows. I still house mine in a 20 long and he's 18" but being moved into new viv soon.

Make sure to dust With calcium with D3 everyday and twice a week with multi vitamins.

Cheers

Thank u! And whats a tube style look like?? I have a uvb bulb but im not sure if its a tube style. Dust the crickets right??

BethanyBrianne

Bearded Dragon Egg
Aw wot a lovely little one, yeh u cnt really tell wot they gunna look like wen they older as their colours can change with each shed. Im new to beardie well fairly new myself but its pretty easy to pik up. One thing I have learnt ova the past couple of months is every beardie id different they have such unique personalities there moods can change and the colour also changes with them. Its stange really ..... In the mornin diego is very dark fir the first couple of hours until he warms up then hes quite light. He goes a lot darker wen he is hungry or hunting his locus. At the min he has a grey top of head n grey arms n legs where he gettin ready to shed. Poor thing. Wen I first got Diego wich was on the 26 th of jan (best bday prezzie eva!!!) and he was all browns n sandy colours now he has yellow in his beard n orange down his spikes so yeh they do change alll the time. Just like luvthemanimal sed as long as his viv is clean warm n homely then he will b fine. Most u read will give u the temps in f. Wereas coz im from uk I needed them in c. So its around 40 c for hot end n around 28 for tye cooler end. Ive had both tile n sand for flooring an id say if u can have tile. Easy to clean cheap keeps the temps up and looks awsum. ;) hope ur beardie brings u as much joy as mines brought me :):)

Thanks for all the info!!! On the tile vs sand, dont they eventually need sand so they can dig and burrow and stuff? Right now I am using paper towels as a bottom because I read if I use sand when my beardie is too young it can cause impaction. And where can I find tiles to fit in my tank??

BethanyBrianne

Bearded Dragon Egg
I saw someone said the humidity level should be
10-20 % that's wrong it's
30-40%

How can I make the humidity go lower? I live in an area where its really humid and right now its at 50% and sometimes it goes higher than that. I dont mist him while in his cage and I don't have a water bowl in there and I dry him off before I put him back inside but the humidity stays pretty high.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
If u have a water dish in there n he dnt drink out of it id take that out that will take the humidity dwn a bit.

Also as for the sand vs tile well im kinda up on both wen I got Diego he came with sand and dnt get me rong it looks great but I found a few problems with the sand 1 was it gets in the run of the door n makes a horrible noise wen u open n shut it. 2 its really hard to keep clean u have to pik every bit of salad out n every locus legs that fall of n it can b quite difficult. I mean I use to pik all the bits out every day n the first time I changed the sand there was dead locus salad n bita of skin all under tye sand. Also diego loves a run around and hed run around the viv n get sand all in his wayer n salad bowl. So I got some tile but didnt wanna get rid of all the sand coz he quite often sleeps on it so I kept 1/4 of the viv sand. His basking end so I cqn feed him on the tile so no worry of inpact. The tile keep rhe temps up look great and is gery easy to keep clean. Diego luvs his viv he often sleeps in the sand so im glad I kept some of it :)

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I saw someone said the humidity level should be
10-20 % that's wrong it's
30-40%

That would have been myself.... Bearded dragons humidity should not be that high. I've talked to 3 different herp veterans and they all told me between 5 to 20 % humidity at max.

If, I am wrong I will admit that. Just curious what are your sources telling you to have high humidity for a DESERT reptile??

Latest posts