• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New bearded dragon. What would his coloration be called??

BethanyBrianne

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi I just got a bearded dragon from a friend and was wondering what his color pattern would be called and what he may look like as an adult? I didnt get much info when I received him. He seems to be pretty tame and enjoys being handled but if anyone knows any bonding techniques that would be amazing!!!
uploadfromtaptalk1395287034909.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1395287086942.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1395287117866.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1395287173621.jpg

BethanyBrianne

Bearded Dragon Egg
Also if anyone has any cute/cool name suggestions I'd love to hear them! Im having a really hard time naming him! (Or her actually) I posted some pics and as far as his personality goes he is veryy outgoing and super nosey. Lol.

anthony.price.50767984

Juvenile Dragon
Also if anyone has any cute/cool name suggestions I'd love to hear them! Im having a really hard time naming him! (Or her actually) I posted some pics and as far as his personality goes he is veryy outgoing and super nosey. Lol.
Those are some very cool colours and patrerns on his/her body easiest way to bond is handling as much as you can and aslong as their treated right u will be ok they are so tame u just want to hold them all the time :)

BethanyBrianne

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you! Yeah I hold him a lot and I put my hand in his bathwater and play with him and he sita on my shoulder and watches tv with me. :) I try to not keep him out of his tank too long though because im scared hes going to get too cold.

anthony.price.50767984

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you! Yeah I hold him a lot and I put my hand in his bathwater and play with him and he sita on my shoulder and watches tv with me. :) I try to not keep him out of his tank too long though because im scared hes going to get too cold.
They can loose heat a bit when they been out of their viv for a bit but they do heat up pretty quickly ... Aslong as all the temps are right in the viv he or she is eating the right greens fruit and veg and handled then the bearded dragon is happy which means your happy :)

BethanyBrianne

Bearded Dragon Egg
I think his tank is setup right. I am having difficulty getting him to eat anything other than crickets. He will only eat crickets and mealworms. I cant get him to eat fruit or veggies so sometimes I grind up kale and let it soak in hot water until the water turns green then I let him drink it after it cools off

BethanyBrianne

Bearded Dragon Egg
They can loose heat a bit when they been out of their viv for a bit but they do heat up pretty quickly ... Aslong as all the temps are right in the viv he or she is eating the right greens fruit and veg and handled then the bearded dragon is happy which means your happy :)
Awww those are cute names!

anthony.price.50767984

Juvenile Dragon
I think his tank is setup right. I am having difficulty getting him to eat anything other than crickets. He will only eat crickets and mealworms. I cant get him to eat fruit or veggies so sometimes I grind up kale and let it soak in hot water until the water turns green then I let him drink it after it cools off
Have u got a thermometre in the viv to see the temperature ? The themometre should be situated in the area where the basking spot/heat source is .... He/she looks quite young judgin on the size they can be a bit fussy with veg greens and fruit when there younger they will eat them tho dont panic about that

BethanyBrianne

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have one in there but im not sure if it works correctly its one of those cheap ones. And I dont give him a lot of mealworms, just as treats inside his salad when im trying to get him to eat veggies.

anthony.price.50767984

Juvenile Dragon
I have one in there but im not sure if it works correctly its one of those cheap ones. And I dont give him a lot of mealworms, just as treats inside his salad when im trying to get him to eat veggies.
Should have a basking spot and thermometer situated in that area pretty sure heat source shud bee 105 deg -115 degrees for baby beardies double check the temps though should also have a thermostat aswell

BethanyBrianne

Bearded Dragon Egg
Should have a basking spot and thermometer situated in that area pretty sure heat source shud bee 105 deg -115 degrees for baby beardies double check the temps though should also have a thermostat aswell
I'm getting a friend who has snakes and works at a locally owned pet store to come make sure ive got everything set up right this weekend.

anthony.price.50767984

Juvenile Dragon
I'm getting a friend who has snakes and works at a locally owned pet store to come make sure ive got everything set up right this weekend.
Hopefully everything is fine :) if the beardie acting normal moving around being a bit nosey letting u hold it should be ok if not u will see a change there is alot of people on this forum with alot of knowledge who can help u with anything ud need to know :)

anthony.price.50767984

Juvenile Dragon
Yeah he seems fine very healthy and active and eats lots of crickets and loves his bathtime. Lol :)
Bath times can be entertaining but can turn disatrous when they decide they need to go to the toilet lol its natural as the warm water relaxes their body ... Mine are having their baths tomorrow
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395290074.348932.jpg
me little darling wanted to dive in stopped her on her journeys ... No!

BethanyBrianne

Bearded Dragon Egg
I bathe mine every day and he has never pooped in his water. Idk why? Awww how cute!! My little guy is so small I still give him a bath in the sink

Latest posts