• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Baby Beardie!

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
so my beardie has had this stuck shed on her tail for about 2 weeks that's when she last shed and i don't know how to get it off

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
They will- take a plastic bowl or wash tub and put some warm water in it and brush his tail- they do freak out but if you do it enough will get used to it--- mine is still jittery and he's 19 months old-- I have not bathed blaze yet-- I haven't had to - a misting seems to be sufficient at this time for him
ok ill try getting smaug used to by giving him a bath today or would misting help him? shed i can't put up a dish in his tank cause the humitity is 50% to 55%

cheesethedragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just got my Zoo Med Reptisun T5 HO!.

Attachments

• 7394D3E5-2849-4F27-A026-E095A7A72E3C.jpeg
    7394D3E5-2849-4F27-A026-E095A7A72E3C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4

cheesethedragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
How long should I leave his lights on? I think I’ve read somewhere between 10-12 hrs per day. Is that correct?

cheesethedragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes- some people use timers- I don't- I turn mine on at 7 am or so and off around 7 pm- just make sure if you feed him later that he has 2 hrs on before shutting them off
I wake up at 5:45am. I turn his lights on at 6am.. so I’ll start feeding him at 4, then lights out at 6pm.

I also leave greens in his bowl for him to eat during the day while I’m at work.

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
You can weigh him on a kitchen food scale - set a bowl on the scale-- zero it out and put him in the bowl - make sure scale is set on grams --- or you can set him on the scale itself and weigh him - measure to see how long he is-
we dont have a kitchen food scale and even if we did my foster parents would not allow me to use it to weigh my lizard

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
It sounds like your foster parents are not very supportive in having this pet -- with that in mind I can only suggest that you think of rehoming him ---- keeping a weight on him especially when he is old enough to brumate is going to be key in good health - I would suggest you either go to your second hand stores and look for a digital scale that has grams on it and buy one-- they are not that expensive I picked up one for $10 --- when he goes into brumation at around a year or so your going to need to get him weighed and keep a weight on him - if he goes into brumation at a unhealthy weight that is not good - he will not be able to ward off sickness from not eating for all those months plus you dont want him losing weight during the brumation period --- meaning your going to need to weigh him periodically along w/ keeping him dehydrated during that time
okie so um i've had him since chrismus and i only earn $10 a week for chores so yea im trying to get a job tho and your right my foster parents are not fund of having lizards in their house but they deal with it cause i'd ask to move foster homes if they where going to give my lizards away.

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
10-20 per feeding? Or per day? He should be eating 20 crickets per feeding-- is he eating vegies? And are you giving other worms like super or butter worms wax worms? Those can be given as treats-
i feed him 20 crickets every day and he eats kale and carrots i'm saving money for collards and squash

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
Well I am glad you are trying but having no support from them is ridiculous! Get his food situation in order and feed him so he's growing- shedding will tell you that- I am hoping you have correct UVB- that is crucial -
im using a repti-sun bulb its a long tube one

Latest posts