• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Baby Beardie!

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
So the UVB is inside the tank approx 6-8 inches from his basking spot????? You need to get a digital probe thermom if I am reading your post correctly--- you need an actual basking temp and stick ons are way off- the digitals you can get at Petco or Petsmart for around $5- please get one -- I have a feeling your basking spot temp is off -------------- that probe needs to be set on the spot he sits for around 10 minutes to get an accurate reading--- if your temps are off eventually his poops are going to start showing uindigested food--- same w/ the UVB -- placement of the bulb is key---------------- your cool side of tank should be around 80's --- and at nite around 70 or so not below 60 degrees ----
can bearded dragons eat dragonfruit

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
Yes ---- I dont know if that is listed on the nutrition website but you can check --- fruits are not to be given all the time so unless your eating it too dont buy stuff that is expensive --- NO Citrus---
okie he may have to eat kale and carrots and apples and blueberries and lettuce[not iceberg]for this week cause i get payed with chore money every sunday

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
Not sure what is in the spring mix but check that nutrition list and it should tell you what lettuces can be fed and what not to feed or how often --- lettuce is mainly water and no nutritional value or most I should say there are some you can feed but I wouldnt feed lettuce at all unless your trying to hydrate and then only like once a week ---- would explain the watery stool--- stick w/ your good greens like the collard mustard and turnip greens--- you can feed argula which is a type of lettuce buts its spendy
okie so its back to the kale till sunday that's when i can get collards and yellow squash

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
I would feed him his greens and his live insects- he needs the protein now as he is growing- pumpkin sweet potato are good foods to feed to keep him regular- but if he has a good diet along w/ hydration will keep him healthy
how much should i feed sweet patato

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
I would feed him his greens and his live insects- he needs the protein now as he is growing- pumpkin sweet potato are good foods to feed to keep him regular- but if he has a good diet along w/ hydration will keep him healthy
can i feed him cucumber and watermelon

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
I would shred it and add to your greens- like carrots-- put on top- keep it in Ziploc in fridge and add a few times a week- just watch his poops if they turn orange it's too much or feeding to often
okie um so maybe once to twice a week and if his poop does turn orange should i stop feeding him sweet patatos?

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
yep it can be added to his greens --- its more for hydration than anything --- w/ feeding this other stuff just watch his poops and what your feeding at the time -- its gonna tell you whether to lay off or not -- you want formed moist poop -- w/ urate -- not runny or diarrhea
got a digital thermometer yesterday his basking temp is 110.5 degrees and his warm side is 90.5 to 95.5 degrees and his cool side is 80 to 75 degrees

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
Is he licking or actually trying to eat your finger? If he is actually trying to eat your finger that should tell you hes hungry --- I would feed him more crickets --- keep feeding him till he walks away or does not chase anymore -- feed him one at a time or two as long as he is eating them your good - just dont leave them in the tank - especially over nite -- they bite and can cause infection
well i only get 100 crickets a week and im on a tight budget i only get $10 a week

Latest posts