• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting for 40g

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He doesn’t love the bsfl but we leave them in the bowl and they’re gone in the morning. He loves the dubia. We dust them every other day. Repashy calcium plus. My daughter hand feeds him squash which he likes but we don’t want to spoil him with hand feeding. He does like her more than me though lol. H s also eating about 6-8 crickets a day.
He needs his salads so please put the BSFL on his salads - I am sorry hes not hot on those --- you can use the dubias on top of the salads as well -- if you get some small super worms you may get away feeding medium ones use those as a lure to the salad bowl --- 1-3 every other day - you dont want him hooked on them they are a treat worm - its good shes hand feeding him thats going to hand tame him - you might want to get him a fleece blanket or piece of clothing w/ your or your daughters scent on it that too will help w/ getting him tamed and trusting you -- please start dusting the insects every day w/ calcium is that w/ D3? How many dubias? He needs at least 12-15 of the dubias per feeding

Dk638

Hatchling Dragon
He needs his salads so please put the BSFL on his salads - I am sorry hes not hot on those --- you can use the dubias on top of the salads as well -- if you get some small super worms you may get away feeding medium ones use those as a lure to the salad bowl --- 1-3 every other day - you dont want him hooked on them they are a treat worm - its good shes hand feeding him thats going to hand tame him - you might want to get him a fleece blanket or piece of clothing w/ your or your daughters scent on it that too will help w/ getting him tamed and trusting you -- please start dusting the insects every day w/ calcium is that w/ D3? How many dubias? He needs at least 12-15 of the dubias per feeding
He’s only eating about 8 dubia a day. We put more in if he finishes them quick, he is eating his greens and squash without worms. Yeah the Repashy has a limited amount of d3

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He’s only eating about 8 dubia a day. We put more in if he finishes them quick, he is eating his greens and squash without worms. Yeah the Repashy has a limited amount of d3
Yes add more if hes eating the 8 plus the crickets - I would get him off the crickets completely - and start dusting the insects every day ONCE per feeding - are you feeding him more than one time per day? He should be fed 2-3 times per day -- hes growing - if hes eating the greens w/ out having to add lures to the salad that is awesome!!!!!!!!! Rinse the greens before serving he will get his hydration thru them and make sure your feeding the roaches good as well - nighttime is when they eat -- you can feed dubia food along w/ dubia dew / crystals and the squash a little fruit they like grapes and oranges -- sweet potato raw / shredded - carrots -- no carrots to the dragon tho too much Vit A-

Dk638

Hatchling Dragon
Yes add more if hes eating the 8 plus the crickets - I would get him off the crickets completely - and start dusting the insects every day ONCE per feeding - are you feeding him more than one time per day? He should be fed 2-3 times per day -- hes growing - if hes eating the greens w/ out having to add lures to the salad that is awesome!!!!!!!!! Rinse the greens before serving he will get his hydration thru them and make sure your feeding the roaches good as well - nighttime is when they eat -- you can feed dubia food along w/ dubia dew / crystals and the squash a little fruit they like grapes and oranges -- sweet potato raw / shredded - carrots -- no carrots to the dragon tho too much Vit A-
He gets salad in the am, 3pm insects and 8pm insect. When he stops eating aggressively we stop adding insects. The dubia get fruit and veggies in their container. We are gut loading the crickets. Greens get rinsed. Definitely no carrots to the dragon. He gets kale, dandelion and squash in his salad. We don’t over feed insects because we want him to be hungry for his greens. And he eats them, available till 3pm. We can dust the dubia every day but I don’t want to over do it. The Repashy has d3 and vitamin a. Plus calcium. But he does eat the rsfl which I know have good calcium content

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He gets salad in the am, 3pm insects and 8pm insect. When he stops eating aggressively we stop adding insects. The dubia get fruit and veggies in their container. We are gut loading the crickets. Greens get rinsed. Definitely no carrots to the dragon. He gets kale, dandelion and squash in his salad. We don’t over feed insects because we want him to be hungry for his greens. And he eats them, available till 3pm. We can dust the dubia every day but I don’t want to over do it. The Repashy has d3 and vitamin a. Plus calcium. But he does eat the rsfl which I know have good calcium content
His diet should be 80% protein - 20% veggies till he's 1 year old-- what time is lights off? He needs 2-3 hrs of basking before lights go off- this is for digestion purposes-

Dk638

Hatchling Dragon
His diet should be 80% protein - 20% veggies till he's 1 year old-- what time is lights off? He needs 2-3 hrs of basking before lights go off- this is for digestion purposes-
He’s definitely mostly protein, lights out at 10pm 12 on 12 off

Latest posts