• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting for 40g

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So 75 degrees on the cool side is ok? Was gonna add a cheap dome if I had too
I would shoot for 80's during the day-the 70 is a good sleeping temp are you using a basking bulb for your main basking area? Heat projectors are not good for basking bulbs-

Dk638

Hatchling Dragon
There’s a basking bulb and a heat projector in the dual fixture. Should I add a low watt bulb to the middle to bring up the cool side?

Dk638

Hatchling Dragon
For now hear projector will be on 24-7 to keep from getting too cool. Tank is in my daughters room which she keeps at about 68 degrees

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
For now hear projector will be on 24-7 to keep from getting too cool. Tank is in my daughters room which she keeps at about 68 degrees
Ok the tank will go to temps in your daughter's room at night- so the 68 is good- watch your temps as we progress into winter- you can use a low watt regular house hold bulb like 40 watt or so that will bring them up you don't want something hotter than 85 tho -

Dk638

Hatchling Dragon
Ok the tank will go to temps in your daughter's room at night- so the 68 is good- watch your temps as we progress into winter- you can use a low watt regular house hold bulb like 40 watt or so that will bring them up you don't want something hotter than 85 tho -
Ok to be clear, another 75w basking in the middle wouldn’t bring up the cool side a bit during the day. It’s hanging around 73 right now. I’m debating getting a cheap dime and another 75w basking for this.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok to be clear, another 75w basking in the middle wouldn’t bring up the cool side a bit during the day. It’s hanging around 73 right now. I’m debating getting a cheap dime and another 75w basking for this.
Yes that would bring up the cool side and should have the middle of the tank in the 90's -

Dk638

Hatchling Dragon
Ok your tank is 18" high? The basking temps is good- as he gets older 6 months he won't want temps that high usually they drop down to 95-100- you can take half the screen off so the uvb is unobstructed or cut the screen or look for a wide hole type then it can sit on top- let me know what you decide- the wide hole type will change distance
Thinking of getting a zilla screen cover but I’m afraid it will interfere with the doors opening. The plastic frame across the front is only 1/2 thick on the terrarium

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thinking of getting a zilla screen cover but I’m afraid it will interfere with the doors opening. The plastic frame across the front is only 1/2 thick on the terrarium
You want a screen cover that has the wide hole type -- so your saying the cover is going to catch on the front doors?
1670422583887.png

wide hole type

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The screen
Ok as long as the dragon can get directly under the UVB w/ it the screen either being wide holed or unobstructed - that is what your aiming for -- w/ a T 5 the UVB can sit on top of that screen you may haft to prop the screen off if opening the doors and they are catching - first I have encountered this issue

Dk638

Hatchling Dragon
Ok as long as the dragon can get directly under the UVB w/ it the screen either being wide holed or unobstructed - that is what your aiming for -- w/ a T 5 the UVB can sit on top of that screen you may haft to prop the screen off if opening the doors and they are catching - first I have encountered this issue
so got the wide hole screen, removed the screens that came with the enclosure. As you can see I had to prop it up about 3/4 inch so the doors will open in the front but it looks fine
F66824B0-F03E-407E-89E3-9CE64789ACCD.jpeg

Attachments

• 10681666-5AF8-4935-AF48-955ED3AA9F91.jpeg
    10681666-5AF8-4935-AF48-955ED3AA9F91.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He’s eating well, just very skittish. Not really wanting to be handled
Hes little give him time - he needs to learn to trust -- you only want to handle him a little at a time- try hand feeding his some small super worms for treats - or you can use BSFL as well -

Dk638

Hatchling Dragon
Hes little give him time - he needs to learn to trust -- you only want to handle him a little at a time- try hand feeding his some small super worms for treats - or you can use BSFL as well -
He doesn’t love the bsfl but we leave them in the bowl and they’re gone in the morning. He loves the dubia. We dust them every other day. Repashy calcium plus. My daughter hand feeds him squash which he likes but we don’t want to spoil him with hand feeding. He does like her more than me though lol. H s also eating about 6-8 crickets a day.

Latest posts