• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just a rant!!!!

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok, so today we went to the reptile show in Hamburg, PA!! I seen the most disgusting thing everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
There was a guy there with a bearded dragon about 1 year old or maby a bit younger!! There was 2 dragons in this 10 gallon tank with hay for the substrate!! And I just happened to glance a bit closer cause I seen the beardie jump and closer I took a look and he had a F&$*^!G mouse in their!! Now this mouse was about half the size of this beardie!!!! And the beardie was jumping at this mouse trying to get it!! And the little one just about started to cry!! So we said to the guy, you do no that that is very bad for the beardie! He said no he just gets them as treats!!! I thought WTF so I left!!! A few minutes upon walking by again I seen the beardie had a patch of white hair hanging out of his poor mouth!!!! I herd him say to the other customer o yea I will show you how he eats them!! So he put another one in their!!! I walked away shaking my head and giving him a nasty look!!!!! So if you where the guy that was there, you disgust me in every way imaginable!!!!! YOU SIR SHOULD NOT HAVE AND ANIMALS OR REPTILES!!!! LEARN BEFORE YOU TAKE ANOTHER REPTILES LIFE AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And sorry if I offend or offended anybody that reads this post!! I would like to just say please please DO NOT FEED your bearded dragons any of this!!! They say it is their diet! Well how do you no that? Also, you don't no how many beardies die in the wild doing this!! So be safe and don't feed your beardies mice cause their are way better feeders out their!!!! GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ether it being human or not!!!

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is ashamed that there are so many people that vend at reptile shows that know nothing about the reptile they are selling and have no care for them. I have seen so many bad things at local shows it almost makes me not want to go to them as a vendor or a spectator. I feel for you man. I can only imagine how hard it was to walk away without really losing your temper i know that i couldnt have done it.

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Brian, when I she that was horrible, well that does not even describe what I wanted to do!!! He knew I was pissed!!! If I could of taken those dragons I would of!! It was just disgusting!!! Ive never seen anything like that before!!! In beardies anyways!! And I never want to again!!!

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
trust me i know your pain. i saw two adult males in a ten gallon tank first thing saturday morning at the raliegh expo lil bit back both very skinny but intact (ie full tail and all toes) walked back by about 1.5 hours later and one of the two males was missing half his tail and the vendor gave a **** less. I told him about it and he said i know im just going to sell him as a discounted dragon.

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
That stuff pisses me off so bad!!!!! Then it makes us good breeders look bad!! People like that should not even own a reptile magazine!!

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Twobeardieguy said:
That stuff pisses me off so bad!!!!! Then it makes us good breeders look bad!! People like that should not even own a reptile magazine!!

but then the problem is (especially at expos) you get the guys selling literal hatchlings (1-2 weeks old) for 15-30 bux a piece and telling folks all this bogus info on care and having completely unhealthy animals and they are the ones selling them cause its hard to explain a 100 dollar difference just cause our dragons are bigger and brighter. it really ticks me off but nothing much that can be done about it.

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sandy the girlfriend said lets go cause I no you and I don't have the money for bail and I don't want the little seeing anymore of this BS!!! So thought about it and decided to just walk away in disgust!! I would of loved to jump on the table and kicked him rite in the head!!!! Such a POS!!!!

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
crypticdragons said:
Twobeardieguy said:

but then the problem is (especially at expos) you get the guys selling literal hatchlings (1-2 weeks old) for 15-30 bux a piece and telling folks all this bogus info on care and having completely unhealthy animals and they are the ones selling them cause its hard to explain a 100 dollar difference just cause our dragons are bigger and brighter. it really ticks me off but nothing much that can be done about it.
Brian there was a guy their that had I would say 2 day olds selling them for 50-70!! And he tried saying they where 3 weeks old!! And I did call him out on that and I lost him some business!! He was not happy!! He tried saying they were hypos!! Well they where just plain BDs!!! And he said well how do you no???? And I said oooooo maby because ive been in bd breeding 6-10 years!!! Those people just piss me off!!

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol he probably didnt even realize what hypo is short for or what it even means. i love to flex my knowledge at folks like that. why cause they piss me off. i worked hard to gain the knowledge i have and for someone to fake knowing what they are talking about just to prey on people that dont know really erks me.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Shoot.. we all know Lance would a called big sissy janie... yeahh suuure, we all know $$ grows on dragon treessss...Bail paid.
janie.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Janie you gotta give me the DL on local expos down your way since im heading there more than likely.

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Janie and Sandy thanks soooo much!!! ;) And ummm Janie you have to give me the inside scope on the money tree and where I can get one of those!! ;) Sandy those words you said does make us breeders want to keep breeding great dragons!! ;D

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks again!!! ;) And I guess im going to have to check Google or yahoo and do a search on those money trees!! ;D

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not his... Girlfriends' female child... ;)
Brian.. You'll be going to the Jax and Fla shows... None in SE Ga at all.
Janie.

Latest posts