• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm getting a beardie and need help please

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
Hey MattyD... how did you solve the temp issue you had? It seems now I am having the same issue while prepping Reggie's new 55 gallon enclosure. Did you making a makeshift basking spot out of crockery help? Let me know - thanks!

MattyD

Hatchling Dragon
Augie, yeah, I sorted it. I simply moved the thermostat probe towards the cooler end and played with the temp until i had it right.

trial and error really!

MattyD

Hatchling Dragon
Wally.jpg

I've finally got him!

MattyD

Hatchling Dragon
If you move the thermostat towards the cooler end it automatically makes the hotter end hotter as what it does it controls the temperature where the probe is.

In theory therefore if you have the thermostat right at the cold end and had the temp set to maximum the hot end will go ridiculously hot ie way too hot. Moving it around and playing about with the temperature gauge will work. it may just take time.

Latest posts