• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I have lost my mind, got another beardie

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Took Duckie (and the other 3 beardies) to the vet today.
Duckie has pinworms, and was given panacur. Other than that, and his funny mouth, she said he looked great.
And all 3 of my other guys got good checkups as well.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds good. Make sure you soak really well while on the panacur. You don't need any more problems with him, lol!

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Lisa, are you saying that the panacure dehydrates them? Wanted to make sure I was understanding right. Is this one of the meds that makes them feel worse, or is it not such a bad one?

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
With any medication I would recommend soaking daily, unless you see that the bm are getting more running then normal. As for a pro biotic...this pancur isn't an antibiotic and that is when we recommend acidophilus. I can't imagine though that it can hurt

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok, thanks for the info. I have some benebac or something downstairs, I need to check the date and see if it is still good. Hopefully it is ok.

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
That's great that Duckie only has pinworms. I don't think his mouth looks all that bad. Panacur is really mild but I always gave Benebac anyway. It doesn't dehydrate them but since mine get daily soaks in the early morning to poop I don't worry about it.

Was the Benebac open? If so, it really needs to be refrigerated. (I didn't know if you knew this, I had to throw away a huge tube of it I got from my vet because I accidently left it out)

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
They benebac was in small tubes, and had not been opened. I will check the date in the morning. (once I go back downstairs, they are all asleep now anyway, so dont want to cut on the light looking for stuff)
I did not know that it needed to be refrigerated though, so thanks for letting me know that. If those tubes are still good, I will put in fridge after opening.

I always have trouble smelling anything, (too much allergy and sinus problems) so I had not smelled the stench of Duckies poop. I was not at home yesterday when Duckie pooped, but Butch was, and he said he about gagged.
When the vet came in today, she said, they are working on the fecals, and I could smell it as soon as she walked into the room. She was surprised that it wasnt any worse than pinworms.

Glad that it does not appear to be such a serious thing. Hopefully we will have him fixed up in no time.

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
There was a photo contest for photoshopped pics on the other bd website, theme LOL Beardies,, like the LOL cats.
Here is Duckies winning photo
I will update some more pics and info on him later

lolduckie.jpg

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I love this pic Jif!!! ;D

He truly is a male!!! That's for sure!! LOL!!

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks Vesta and Crystal.

He has turned into a sweet little guy. I havent weighed him in about a week or so, but at last weigh in, he weighed 576 grams (98 grams more than when I got him on June 12th). He doesnt try to bite anymore, and he loves sitting on my arm.
His back near his tail is getting ready to shed. I am glad, he hasnt shed since he has been here, other than his eyes, and they were shedding when I got him..

Here is a picture from the other day

072910duckie.jpg

And a week or 2 ago, when he was sitting on my arm
072610duckie2.jpg

072610duckie3.jpg

I wish that the people that I got him from could see him now, see how calm he is now.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
He is so stinkin' cute!! Such a sweet little thing. Does his tongue get dried out? Must look different when he eats too! You should video him eating and post it. ;)

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey Jen,good to see you!! Wow,Duckie looks adorable!!!!!!! I'm so glad he quit the biting stuff and has turned out to be such a sweetie for you. He now outweighs Alf!!!!! Congrats on such a super job!
Sara

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks Vesta and Sara! He is adorable, and really sweet. He does get thirsty more than the other beardies, but he will drink maybe every other day. He is sooo funny when he drinks though. He laps the water up like a dog. So cute!

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Just weighed Duckie and he now weighs 592 grams. SO he gained 114 grams in 2 months.
I got a new camera today, and we took a couple of new Duckie pics

0081610duckie.jpg

081610duckie2.jpg

In this last one, I accidentally dropped the roach from the tweezers about the time he tried to eat it
081610duckie3.jpg