• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I have lost my mind, got another beardie

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I had found a beardie in Craigslist that looks like from his mouth that he has some bad MBD. I finally talked Butch into letting me get him and take care of him for a while, until I can rehome him. I went and picked him up today. He doesnt look as bad as he did in his picture, his body looks pretty good, just his mouth is messed up.
He rode home the whole hour and a half trip on my shirt while I was driving. He came home and had a nice bath and drink, and a big poop, and he ate bunches. He would have eaten more, but I figured I didnt want to overdo it.

His name was Spike, but I am changing it to Duckie (because his mouth looks like a duck bill)

Here are some pics.
Duckie.jpg

Duckie2.jpg

Duckie3.jpg

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks Tom and Crystal.
Here is his Craigslist picture, he looks a lot worse in it
spikeducky.jpg

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Here is a video of him eating roaches. He had already had several. I was feeding him smaller ones, just to make sure that he did not have trouble chewing. I gave him a few little bit bigger ones at first (but still kinda small) they were fresh shed, so I knew he shouldnt have a problem with that. He would have kept on eating if I would have let him, he acts like he was starving, but he isnt skinny. He weighs 478 grams, I havent measured his length yet

grimm

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
tried to play it, said invalid format, anyone else get that?

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Something must be wrong with it, because I can play it, and my boyfriend, who is in the same room as me, his laptop wont let him play it. We had to work on it a while to get it to upload, I guess there is still something wrong with it.
I will see if we can figure it out

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Awwww, he looks really good. His mouth doesn't look that bad. Do you know how old he is?

Video did not work for me either.

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
They said that he is 2. He looks a lot better than his Craigslist photo made him look. He looked so sad and skinny and his mouth looked even worse in that pic.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Video worked for me.

Jenn...his mouth doesn't look too bad at all. Nothing seems to be getting in his way of eating. He actually looks really good.

Now....don't forget, you are fostering him.

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
No, his mouth doesnt look nearly as bad as what that first picture made him look. His body looks good, he acts healthy, (and crazy) and he is calm, as long as you dont mess with his feet, he doesnt like that.

When I got ready to pick him up out of his viv, I asked the people if he was pretty friendly, and they kind of made a face and said, well, eventually he calms down. I picked him up, put him on my shirt, he climbed up the front of my shirt and just sat there. He sat there till we got home and got in the house, and I took him off of me. Calm as can be.

LOL, yeah, I have to remember it is temporary!

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Jen!! He is soooo cute. :D I love his little mouth and it does look like a duck. I hope you can keep him. :D

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I keep my eye on craigslist for beardies like this. Glad you took him, he is so cute!!!! Something tells me that he is not going to be a foster that he will stay right where he is ::)

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
AWWW Jen. He is so cute. I had NO trouble seeing the video. : ) He looks like a happy little dragon.

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks Vesta and Sandra. He is a mess. He has already eaten a few veggies today, and 20 some roaches, and still wants more. And has give me another poop, I am not used to an adult dragon that poops daily.

It is weird about that video. I tried to load it to photobucket from my laptop, and it would not let me. Butch got it to load the 2nd time from his laptop. But then he could not view it on his laptop, but I could view it on my laptop. I dont see any rhyme or reason of why it is only working certain times, just fickle I guess.

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I love the last picture of him sleeping. Jada sleeps with her tongue out. I have three adults that poop daily. ::)

I don't look on Craigslist anymore. I want every dragon I see. I have 3 and I wasn't supposed to keep the last one. It was a temporary thing that turned permanent. lol