• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I have lost my mind, got another beardie

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
3 adults pooping daily, thats a lot of poop!

And so much for gratitude, the little brat just tried to bite me, more than once. I wonder if his previous owners ever handled him at all, or if they were rough with him when they did handle him.

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
grimm said:
is there anyway to fix his mouth?

I am not really sure. I have seen some pics of people who got beardies that had mouths kind of like that, and after liquid calcium and care, it did get some better. I have to order some liquid calcium for this guy and give it a try.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can't reverse mbd, but you can fix the reason for the problem. Chances are the mouth won't get better, but it won't get worse. Doesnt look to bad now.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Since this is about MBD and mouth I will add a question to this thread. Oscar has a slight over bit. Could he at one point not had enough calcium absorption? He is 5 now and it has not gotten worse since I got him a few months ago and his body does not have any bumps. Im not worried about him just curious.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Could be, but yoj just never know unless you have so,e background and\or bloodwork. Keep a good uvb and dusting.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
he has his reptisun and he get dusted crix 3x per week.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He is sooo cute, love the sleeping pics, and yeaah, he does look like a Duckie LOL

Oh yeah and cant see the video either, photobucket says the file has an invalid structure....

But at least the pics work ;D

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks Monique! He is cute, but has an attitude. He is doing some insane glass dancing right now.

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks srabeardie.

I had weighed Duckie the day I brought him home. He weighed 478 grams. I weighed him yesterday, which was 1 week and 1 day later, and he weighs 533 grams. He gained 55 grams in a week and a day! :eek: :eek:
And he hasnt tried to bite me recently.
Couple of pics from the weekend.
duckie062010.jpg

duckie0620102.jpg

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks Sandy and Vesta.
I will look for him a home a little later on, once he gets a little liquid calcium in him, and some attention to make him calmer. I will be picky about where he goes though. They will have to know about bearded dragons and describe their care to me. And depending on how his temperament becomes, may not let him go to someone who wants him for a child. So, I may never find the right home, if that happens, he stays right here.

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Update, I just weighed the Duckster again, and he has gained 21 grams since Sunday. So a total of 76 grams in the 2 weeks that I have had him.
6/12 478 grams
6/20 533 grams
6/26 554 grams