• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

help please :(:(

Sarababy85

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I dont know what is wrong with my dragon, she always eats lots and she didnt want anything yesterday, not even crickets (its like a donut monster not wanting donuts :/), she didnt look 'right' and hasnt still, been about 36 hours now, shes not eaten since thursday afternoon (its saturday afternoon here btw now ) and barely moves or opens her eyes, she feels cold but moves if i put her under her heat lamp, our other dragon seems ok but isnt being very active really but is eating, temps are fine and they are happy being housed together, had them for about 4 months now with no problems.
she is puffed out like her whole body , im very worried about her :(:(:( any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Sara very worried mummy :(

Sarababy85

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
she isnt due to shed, we have a boy and a girl, she is bigger than him though she is a few weeks older we think, they get on pretty well, he has bitten her tail before but nothing other than that, she weighs about 125g and he is about 95g
Sara

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I think you would be better separating them. It's really not a good idea to keep a male and female together as they are nearing the sizes where the male will be beginning to pester your female to mate. He could already be beginning to do this which could be why she is becoming very withdrawn and not eating. From my own experience it's not a good idea to let young dragons breed, our first 2 dragons turned out to be male & female, but by the time we discovered this it was too late. She laid her first clutch when she was just a year old and it eventually caused her to be very ill as they only have to mate once and the female can lay several clutched of eggs. My girl had lain her 5th clutch when she went to vet for op to get her 'dressed' and the cet said she had another clutch ready to lay again which would have been 6. She was very weak as any food she was eating and calcium she was getting all went right back into the eggs, she wasnt getting any of the goodness at all. If we didnt get her the op she would have died she was so weak. She now also has a very mild case of MBD due to the lack of calcium due that time.
If you do want to breed them please wait till they are at least 2 years old then as by this time they have stopped growing, they should be at a decent body weight and of good health, until then please keep them seperate.

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Your dragons are old enough to breed and should be separated take a look at this link we rescued this dragon
http://www.beardeddragonforum.com/index.php?threads/to-small.3965/#axzz1XZjAMrNh

Read your post Bill, your little rescue looked so very much like my Dusty and in weight also. I had always been told that the male would not breed until he hit the 150g mark, I take it this is false then?
Sara when you say her body is puffed out do you mean she looks like she is bloated or does she look like she is puffing up to make herself look bigger? Also if you pick her up and gently feel & look at her tummy if they have already mated with out you noticing you may be able to feel the eggs or her timmy might look like it has lots of bumps in it depending if he has mated with her & how long ago.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
From what I've read, u might want 2 consider separating the 2. She is puffing up 2 look more intimidating 2 the male, he has already shown aggression and it could get worse. I would hate 4 you 2 come home & find 1 or both of your dragons all jacked up or dead. Please separate the 2 b4 something bad possibly happens.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I hate to ask this but did she deflate after she passed

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am sorry for your loss Sara and I’m not sure if you covered this in another post but can you tell us abought your set up I don’t want to be rude just trying to figure out what happened so we can make sure your other dragon will be ok.

Sarababy85

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
she had deflated mostly before she died, she was very very limp and just gave up while i was stroking her.
We have a 4ft long viv, glass fronted with the heat lamp at one end, their basking temps and cool temps are fine, they have their sun light thats on from 0700-2000 everyday and we have very coarse bark for them which is what the reptile shop set us up with, they have a water bowl that they just sit in and lots of bark to climb on. Spike does seem ok hes eating and pooping fine I think hes just missing Princess :(
Thank you for all your kind messages everyone :) xxxx

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
May I ask what kind of UVB and what kind of wood is the bark some woods when wet can become toxic.did you feel anything inside of her after she passed any lumps

Sarababy85

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
no, not any lumps, i dont know what type of bark it is, its sold for reptiles though. its a repti glo 10.0 exo terra bulb, its not due to be replaced until end of next month
Sara

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can you get the repti sun there I have heard a lot of bad things abought the repti glo but I have not had any experience with them myself.

Latest posts