• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hellow beardie world.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ugh! Just had to remind me, didn't you? Okay, here's my sob story. Nobody's fault but mine. Thursday morning, it's VERY early (we were out the door at 5:30am) and the I find the twins napping on the upstairs couches. My wife's sitting on the piano bench waiting for me. I'm not doing real well with my back, so I was hoping they'd have the rest of the stuff loaded up. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. So I grabbed our case of DVDs and a small shoebox-sized box that contains our digital camera, my new GPS, my phone charger, our ATV and travel trailer keys, the new registration and sticker for our travel trailer, and a few other items, and head outside to load things up. While the two items I grabbed were the smallest of everything left to pack, I set them on the tongue of the trailer while I loaded everything up. Unfortunately, I forgot about setting those on the trailer and we left. Five hours later, we arrive at Cloud 9 (our little slice of heaven away from home) and realize we need the ATV keys to start them so we can get them stickered. But....I couldn't find the box. I tore through everything in the back of Bev's Jeep and it wasn't anywhere to be found. THEN it donned on me....oh no! I left the box and case of DVDs (about 60 of them) on the tongue of the trailer.....5 hours ago! I called my Dad and Bev called her Mom and we had people out looking for them for a little while. Nothing within 8 miles from home. Gone! Somebody must've seen them and grabbed them. What ticks me off is that our address was on the registration. So whoever found them just decided to keep everything.

I estimate the value of everything to be around $1000. NOT a good start to our vacation. However, we didn't let it beat us up....though it just about did. We had spare trailer keys at the Ranch and spare ATV keys inside the trailer should we ever forget them....or God forbid, we lose them on the way.

So....no pictures from this trip. Sadly....and it was probably the best Easter weather we'd had in years. I have the tan line on my forehead to prove it (like a dummy, I wore a hat outside in the sun for 4 days straight).

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've made note that life tends to grab us by the hair.. and haul us thither and wither it pleases !
Janie

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I've attempted,but haven't had much luck. I've got to teach my hubby patients. We built our first one in the summer and he didn't take his time with it and it fell apart, we then built a second one out of an entertainment center that has held up but could really use a revamp, the latest one we did was a cabinet we bought and it's really not working out to well. I didn't realize that it couldn't hold weight and put my gecko cage on top of it and it's breaking. It also doesn't hold heat well. It's been very frustrating. I'm going to be looking for a dresser that I can convert but I will be doing it this time not the hubby, lol. Hopefully I can have better luck and more patients to finish it that he does. I would like to find something about 6 ft long, 2 ft deep and maybe 3-4 ft high. I would like to do the whole inside in slate. I know I can make a nice one it's just a matter of taking the time to do it. I have 4 kids under the age of 9 plus both me and the hubby work full time so life's hectic,lol. Any suggestions tho I'm all ears. :)

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Corrine.. if you can find it.. those 1970 model stereos, with the turn table, make awesome enclosures.. and sturdy enough to place a heavy viv on top too !
Ask Candice.. Magellan's enclosure.. totally awesome !
I even "nicked" some of her ideas !

Janie

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm looking for a dresser like the one Candice used. Garage sale season is here lol. Been looking on craigslist too, Eventually I'll find something.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah, I like your ideas so far on size. Just not real keen on the height. You want to keep the top a bit closer to the floor to be used in mounting lights and such. When they're 3 and 4 feet high, it makes it harder to get basking temps right. Beardies aren't nearly as arboreal as other lizards (like igs). So you want to keep structure a bit lower to the ground. I'd go for 2 feet high if I were you, Corrine.

Honestly, I had about the same idea as you when I started 4 years ago. Gina (Ladyknite) schooled me on the exact same topic....and for the same reasons.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ladyknite said:
:( oh that sux. Ok...........Cloud 9 from last year.

Yeah, it had Bev crying. NOT good. Turned out to be an okay weekend anyway. Things got put into perspective real quick. There were two guys across the road from us having trouble with hooking their water up. So I went over to give them a hand. In the process, I moaned about what had happened and they were kind enough to give me some sympathy. Only, about 15 minutes later, I learned the younger of the two (the son.....and he looked to be about 60) had just lost his wife to cancer 4 weeks earlier. My measely $1000 loss seemed like nothing. When I got back to our trailer, I told Bev and we learned real quick that it could have been worse....that we were just going to cough it up as a tough lesson learned.

When I start thinking about what we lost, I just think about that guy and how he woud have probably given 50 times that just to have his wife back.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
*nods*.. No matter what.. someone is always worse off than ourselves..
Janie

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Impressive enclosures! If only I had time to do something like that. ;D And beautiful beardies + iguana as well! How long did it take you do build each one? Just curious. ;)

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, Craig and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here.

Wow, what a handsome looking family you have. Can't wait to hear about your adventures with everyone.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
TheWolfmanTom said:
Aloha, welcome and other nice things!!

Thanks dude! Glad you added "other nice things". With a name like Wolfman, I got a little skeered. ;D

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Welcome !!

Love the names...huge Lord of the Rings fan here !!! just bought them all on blue ray...those are my plans for the weekend !!

Laurie

Latest posts