• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

gunna order ANOTHER 1000 crickets.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
up to 100 give or take.. once the colony is established enough your baby should be around 5-6 months.. and that will increase the size, and reduce the amount of roaches consumed..

grimm

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
mk well i just ordered the 125 starter kit from the roach guy that u recommended. so what u think i should wait maybe 2 months before starting to feed?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wait until you see new adults.. Once you see that.. then start out slowly... new colonies really need at least 3 months to get going.

grimm

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
alright will do, so i would keep what 3-4 adult males in a colony thats only feeding 1 beardie?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, that is your breeding stock.. if you have at least 1 male to as many as 10 females you'll have new babies.. I prefer a higher ratio, so 1:3-5 is good for me.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I did not get my roaches when I was in Charlotte the other weekend, so I am going to have to make a trip to you sooner than later Janie. How many do you think I should order to start, I have Mrs. Piggy I am feeding so I will need lots of babies being born.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
At least 2oo.
Just have Jason ship them to me, in your name.. I'll let you know when they arrive, and keep them until you can come for them.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
sounds like a plan...I want to pick up a 20 gallon tank for them first. Now that we are moved and settled in I can refocus on my project list.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
grimm said:
also if anyone who breeds them would post some pics of their setup that would be helpful.

I started these in February I believe. I got impatient at first and fed off a lot of the bigger ones. I've now left it be for a few months(minus some nymphs for the geckos) and it seems to be coming along nicely. I have TONS of nymphs! Here's my set-up. I have an 18 gallon tote. I hot-glued egg cartons together. A papertowel roll. Some tops off of the gallons of salad dressing(I work at Subway that's where I got these) Some screen.(for the ventilation on the top. I use a heating pad(w/o auto shut off) and a light with a 25 watt blacklight bulb in it. I feed roach chow, oranges and greens. THey are very easy to care for and they don't stink at all. I keep them in a closet so you wouldn't even realize they were here.

DSCF1684.jpg

Latest posts