• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

gunna order ANOTHER 1000 crickets.

grimm

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ordered the last bunch from petco since i already had stuff commin, gunna order my next ones from lllreptiles
any imput on lllreptiles vs petco or where ever else i should order crickets?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I can't share any feeder stories with you from either of those companies.. Only thing I ever ordered from LLL was equiptment, and that was just yesterday.
Have you tried Ghanns ?

JustaV

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I ordered from Ghann's maybe a week and a half ago I was very happy with my order!

Crazybirds

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I've never ordered feeders from LLLreptile, but I got 2 baby beardies from them and a leopard tortoise and they were very healthy...I know that may not help with what you asked, but they seem to be a great company!

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would never suggest ordering anything alive from LLLreptile (just my opinion).

I will second the suggestion for ghanns though. Very high quality feeders and very "user friendly" with their customer service.

grimm

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well i got the crickets and they seemed fine in numbers and health, is there a reason u wouldnt order anything live from lllreptile? even reptiles?

grimm

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
so i checked out Ghann's, but with their shipping its WAY more than lllreptiles.com, anyone ever tried cricket factory? they supposedly supply all the crickets and whatnot to the zoos in the area.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ghanns is virus free.. that is worth the extra cost for shipping in my eyes. We still don't know how this cricket virus will effect our pets in the long run.. not willing myself to take that chance... y'know ?
hope this helps.

grimm

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i can understand that, but what about as far as other animals?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's just my point, though I specified dragons only, we don't know what the long term effect will be on all animals eating contaminated crickets.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How long has LLLReptile had contaminated crickets?

grimm

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well i did order from ghanns since they seem to have good costumer service, but they did say on their own site that its cannot transfer and is only in a certain breed of crickets (the ones breeders have) but still could only effect crickets.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
I'm not suggesting they do, Craig, only that I know Ghann's Doesn't !

Okay....thanks Janie. It's just that you guys were talking like there's a known outbreak of some virus in crickets. I haven't heard that myself...but then, I hate crickets. LOL!

I was just wondering as I used to give Frodo crickets from LLLReptile a few years ago.

grimm

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ya so i had a question in regards to crickets vs roaches or other feeders. like i see people talking about u have to feed ur beardie just as many roaches(appropriately sized that is) . thing is, roaches seem to be ridiculously priced compared to crickets. is there something im missing?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Start up costs are high, yes, but once your colony (s) get rollin... you are set feeder wise, or until your dragon gets finicky, and wants a change...
hope that helps out.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you order in mixed or adults only, you should see nymphs within a month.
Give those nymphs say 3-5 months and each female will start producing about 30 a month each...
It takes some time for the colony to get to feeding off stage, but well worth it.
hope this helps.

grimm

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hmm im just thinking about what to do in the future, do you think it would be worth it to start one for just one beardie, i mean as they get older they eat less and less crickets of larger size correct?

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hmm im just thinking about what to do in the future, do you think it would be worth it to start one for just one beardie, i mean as they get older they eat less and less crickets of larger size correct?

Well I started breeding crickets for just 1 beardie.

Started on 1 April, 1st babies hatched on 12 April, and now I'm self sufficient. Just replace the adults every week or two as they die off, and have approx 5000 babies already out varying in sizes from pinhead to 3/4 inch....

To me its worth it, not only am I saving money . . . but the crickets are healthier I hope due to being fed on fresh veggies daily from when the adults eat/lay eggs and the babies hatch. They are controlled, so I think the parasite issues will be less. Shes been on MY SUPPLY for a week now, and looks great. Her poop is also getting better.

Latest posts