• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does my bearded dragon have tail rot?

Dansmity4

Hatchling Dragon
BSFL and silk worms--- roaches will not infest the home -- if they get out they die right away --- they dont last --- they are NOT COCK roaches they are little dubias --- there is a difference
Just got my digital thermometer how do I set it up??

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just got my digital thermometer how do I set it up??
You can stick the reader on the outside of the tank - set the probe on the basking spot where he sits for 10 minutes then see what it says - you do not need to leave it there you can stick to the side of the tank- spot check temp like 2 times / week - a IR gun works good too they however do not read off hammocks and certain decor materials that's why it's good to have the digital they are most accurate

Dansmity4

Hatchling Dragon
You can stick the reader on the outside of the tank - set the probe on the basking spot where he sits for 10 minutes then see what it says - you do not need to leave it there you can stick to the side of the tank- spot check temp like 2 times / week - a IR gun works good too they however do not read off hammocks and certain decor materials that's why it's good to have the digital they are most accurate
Ok thank you!

Dansmity4

Hatchling Dragon
Hey just got my UVB in the mail?? Do I just put it on top and plug it in?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey just got my UVB in the mail?? Do I just put it on top and plug it in?
What is the bulb T 5 correct? Your screen on the tank is a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type-- - if uncertain post a pic of it from above so I can see the holes

Dansmity4

Hatchling Dragon
What is the bulb T 5 correct? Your screen on the tank is a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type-- - if uncertain post a pic of it from above so I can see the holes
I think I have the mesh but I’ll attach a picture of both
DAD1BDAB-AA1E-4CA6-A237-28FA440D8C68.jpeg
586C4DE6-3E47-42D6-B287-C1497DDE2D00.jpeg

Dansmity4

Hatchling Dragon
Also just got my live food (crickets,silk worms) how should I add that to his diet

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Also just got my live food (crickets,silk worms) how should I add that to his diet
The T 5 can go on top put a piece of basking decor directly underneath approx 8-10 -- tomorrow morning feed him fresh salad rinse before serving- how big are the silk worms?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They are about 2 inches long and what do you mean 8-10 is this high enough??View attachment 27248
Feed him 3 on top of his salad then about a HR later feed him his crickets-- you need the UVB directly over the basking decor approx 8-10 inches above- he needs to be able to sit directly under it w/ a distance of 8-10 inches-- post a pic if the whole tank please

Dansmity4

Hatchling Dragon
Feed him 3 on top of his salad then about a HR later feed him his crickets-- you need the UVB directly over the basking decor approx 8-10 inches above- he needs to be able to sit directly under it w/ a distance of 8-10 inches--
Oh ok got it so I got large crickets so how many should I put along with the worms

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He always eats salad he’s 1 1/2 years old
Ok so he should be getting insects 2 - 3 times per week-- so just feed the worms and then in 2 days feed the crickets- I would feed him after salad then offer as many as he will eat-- I never fed crickets really so it's hard for me to say but he's eating his salad so feed him after that - he probably won't eat a lot - I would get him some super worms for him from flukers I can post the website in the morning--

Dansmity4

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so he should be getting insects 2 - 3 times per week-- so just feed the worms and then in 2 days feed the crickets- I would feed him after salad then offer as many as he will eat-- I never fed crickets really so it's hard for me to say but he's eating his salad so feed him after that - he probably won't eat a lot - I would get him some super worms for him from flukers I can post the website in the morning--
Ok awesome thanx!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok awesome thanx!
These people have awesome super worms they are large and look really good -- they will come in a tube so you will need a plastic container w/ a lid w/ holes - you will need some bran for food to feed and I would have two containers if your ordering a 100 -- also you can use carrots for hydration -- if you feed carrots DO NOT feed the dragon carrots too --- too much Vit A --

Dansmity4

Hatchling Dragon
These people have awesome super worms they are large and look really good -- they will come in a tube so you will need a plastic container w/ a lid w/ holes - you will need some bran for food to feed and I would have two containers if your ordering a 100 -- also you can use carrots for hydration -- if you feed carrots DO NOT feed the dragon carrots too --- too much Vit A --
Oh ok ok got it!

Kem

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I’m a little worried that my bearded dragon has tail rot because the end of his tail is slightly black and the tip feels hard as a rock! Is this normal?View attachment 27108
If anyone can help me out I would truly be grateful thank you!!!
Looks to be stuck shed! Ours did the same and after soaking in his tub several times the stuck shed loosened and came off. Be sure to soak for at least 10 minutes a day! That’s what worked for ours!

Latest posts