• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Catching a fugitive?

Allthingsterrarium

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Not sure I'd be calm like you, I would totally tear my house apart to find any of my 3 until I found them, it wouldnt be pretty but they would have to be here somewhere, and I wouldnt give up until I found them one way or the other. It would drive me insane with worry.
I don't mean to sound mean, and I've debated saying anything..But maybe I can use this as a teaching lesson for new comers to beardies.
She has to be there somewhere, not like she can open doors. It is very possible she is held up somewhere sleeping and will come out of hiding..However if she got herself stuck...she would pass slowly. If she wasn't strong enough health wise to brumate it's possible she passed in her sleep.
It is what it is and at least it's a learning lesson for future pets. They will get out, they will explore all areas within their reach, they will lick everything and with a sticky tongue loose items will be ingested whether it's safe or not. They will find the oddest places to sleep. It is our responsibility to do our best to keep them safe.
I keep hope that she will come out just fine, I hope that you continue to search for her as she may be too weak to come fully out into the open.
Again I'm sorry if I came across mean but I really felt it needed to be said so maybe others will learn what can happen.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Oh no not mean at all. In fact that's exactly what I was already thinking. Either way I've learned quite a bit about safe containment and exercise practices from what's happened here. I even have knew ideas to make it that much safer. And you're right who knows, with her level of strength and hardiness it very well might turn out she's brumating in some snug corner somewhere. We can keep hoping that's for sure and I'll continue to pay close attention to any little noise or corner of the eye movement like I've been doing. .

Allthingsterrarium

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Everybody!!! I have some absolutely incredible news to share with you all!!! Thank you all so much for your concern and excellent guidance, She's back! She finally decided to show herself after literally about 6 weeks on the run! She came out from behind a bookcase I must have already checked behind at least 15 times. She has lost a little weight but really not too much at all. She already took an apple slice and is in otherwise very good condition. We just need to feed her a little bit to get her strength back. I just got this picture. I would have made a new post about it but I wanted to make sure everybody here that was so helpful got to share and celebrate this moment!

Attachments

• Odahviing right out of hiding.JPG
    Odahviing right out of hiding.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 24

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Everybody!!! I have some absolutely incredible news to share with you all!!! Thank you all so much for your concern and excellent guidance, She's back! She finally decided to show herself after literally about 6 weeks on the run! She came out from behind a bookcase I must have already checked behind at least 15 times. She has lost a little weight but really not too much at all. She already took an apple slice and is in otherwise very good condition. We just need to feed her a little bit to get her strength back. I just got this picture. I would have made a new post about it but I wanted to make sure everybody here that was so helpful got to share and celebrate this moment!
Fantastic!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful news

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Fantastic!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful news

I bet that bookcase has a bottom that she went under.

Allthingsterrarium

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I bet that bookcase has a bottom that she went under.

Thanks Hdrydr31! It's a true Miracle. You're probably right. She must have squeezed her way into some kind of pocket and decided to more or less sleep until it got a little warmer around here.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks Hdrydr31! It's a true Miracle. You're probably right. She must have squeezed her way into some kind of pocket and decided to more or less sleep until it got a little warmer around here.
Most furniture like bookcases have a space that is protected by a front and 2 sides with no back that's common in manufacturing processes.. So it would have been easy for her to get into areas like that.
Very glad that she decided it was time to come out!! That's where I figured she had found to brumate..

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks so much! We'll be able to watch her grow bigger and see more of her after all! I had finally come to terms with her being lost!
Well now you know that spaces like that are common and since they like to roam along the baseboards finding these voids are super easy and appealing for them to explore, and once under they are in the dark so they decide time to sleep.. lol

Allthingsterrarium

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Most furniture like bookcases have a space that is protected by a front and 2 sides with no back that's common in manufacturing processes.. So it would have been easy for her to get into areas like that.
Very glad that she decided it was time to come out!! That's where I figured she had found to brumate..

I should have figured something was up over there. It is starting to look like that from this angle and she does seem to like going over by the bookcase when out exercising.