• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardies poop

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Copies of the blood work or anything that is done -- office visit copy- make sure your basking temps are correct 105-110 for a baby and taken w/ a digital probe -- also the UVB is correct place and correct distance -- this plays everything in the pooping dept -- if she has parasites the poop will be real runny and stink to high heaven -- too many parasites will cause appetite loss --
I brought my beardie to the vet today. My doctors findings were:
“Found large rod bacteria, a few flagellate parasites and few strongyle Eggs.”
He prescribed Panacur 74mg/ml once a day for three days.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I brought my beardie to the vet today. My doctors findings were:
“Found large rod bacteria, a few flagellate parasites and few strongyle Eggs.”
He prescribed Panacur 74mg/ml once a day for three days.
Ok so did he say anything about side effects? Keeping him hydrated? Affecting his appetite?

EbrietasDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, regarding the beatufildrangons nutrition chart I’ve tried all sorts of different combos of insects, fruits and vegetables. The only things she eats is blueberries, squash, and different worms and crickets. I’m gonna try feeding her the fruits and veggies on the nutrition chart again from the beginning. What foods on the chart, the ones highlighted green and black, should I not feed her? For example the chart says blueberries, raisins and figs are safe but on the forums it is suggested to not feed them those. Thanks so much.
I would consider also getting a fecal done If you haven't already. All kinds of parasites can cause runny stool. It's pretty cheap, both my vets only charge 20$

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok so did he say anything about side effects? Keeping him hydrated? Affecting his appetite?
He only recommended bathing her once a week as she likes to drink when bathing. If I’m correct the meds prescribed will help with her bowel movements and appetite. Honestly I didn’t know what questions to ask. I could always call him for a follow up if need be. Thanks

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
He only recommended bathing her once a week as she likes to drink when bathing. If I’m correct the meds prescribed will help with her bowel movements and appetite. Honestly I didn’t know what questions to ask. I could always call him for a follow up if need be. Thanks
Also the vet did some sort of fecal probe to sample her poop and he said it was watery.

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello again, I’ll be bringing my beardie for a follow up next week. What should I ask the doctor? What tests should he perform If any. I only want whats best for my dragon.thanks.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello again, I’ll be bringing my beardie for a follow up next week. What should I ask the doctor? What tests should he perform If any. I only want whats best for my dragon.thanks.
Make sure you take a fecal in - those should be done 2 times per year- regular check up weight physical appearance vitals etc get a copy of the visit blood work can be done at your discretion- if any is done you want a copy- NO ENEMAS

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Make sure you take a fecal in - those should be done 2 times per year- regular check up weight physical appearance vitals etc get a copy of the visit blood work can be done at your discretion- if any is done you want a copy- NO ENEMAS
The doctor said she actually lost a little weight. He didn’t do a blood draw. My beardie still hasn't pooped in like a week and only ate Phoenix worms once in the last week. Normally she would go into a feeding frenzy for crickets. Now not even feeding on them at all. She hasn’t eaten any silk worms as well where she would feed on them daily. Any suggestions. I’m really worried. Thanks much

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The doctor said she actually lost a little weight. He didn’t do a blood draw. My beardie still hasn't pooped in like a week and only ate Phoenix worms once in the last week. Normally she would go into a feeding frenzy for crickets. Now not even feeding on them at all. She hasn’t eaten any silk worms as well where she would feed on them daily. Any suggestions. I’m really worried. Thanks much
The meds are gonna effect appetite- keep her hydrated- so your pooping is going to slow down - how many days left for the panacur? Keep offering the food-- is she basking like she should ? What is her behavior like?

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The meds are gonna effect appetite- keep her hydrated- so your pooping is going to slow down - how many days left for the panacur? Keep offering the food-- is she basking like she should ? What is her behavior like?
If I’m correct the Panacur was actually prescribed for lack of appetite and for not pooping and was prescribed for only three days. I think she’s been hiding under her hammock more than usual where she would rest on it to bask. The basking bulb is directly above the hammock.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If I’m correct the Panacur was actually prescribed for lack of appetite and for not pooping and was prescribed for only three days. I think she’s been hiding under her hammock more than usual where she would rest on it to bask. The basking bulb is directly above the hammock.
Panacur is a dewormer --- it has little side effects - the one that decreases appetite when they are taking is Albon - Blaze was given both of those back in March for parasites - it didnt seem to effect his appetite too much - what dosage are you giving the dragon? Make sure your keeping her hydrated - either by dropping water on the nose or spraying if she will lick or last resort syringe --- if its syringe administer VERY SLOW let her swallow what you put in - you do NOT want her to aspirate -- and its recommended a pro biotic be given after the meds - here is a website for probiotics -it is a vet techs website - she is very good - you can contact her if you like thru the website
https://bug-de-lite.com/ and ask questions - explain your situation and see what she says -

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Panacur is a dewormer --- it has little side effects - the one that decreases appetite when they are taking is Albon - Blaze was given both of those back in March for parasites - it didnt seem to effect his appetite too much - what dosage are you giving the dragon? Make sure your keeping her hydrated - either by dropping water on the nose or spraying if she will lick or last resort syringe --- if its syringe administer VERY SLOW let her swallow what you put in - you do NOT want her to aspirate -- and its recommended a pro biotic be given after the meds - here is a website for probiotics -it is a vet techs website - she is very good - you can contact her if you like thru the website
https://bug-de-lite.com/ and ask questions - explain your situation and see what she says -
The dosage for the Panacur was 0.23ml for three days. I gave her her final dosage yesterday. I’m guessing it’s pointless to go with the probiotic now. Or would it be advisable to go with bug-de-lite.com and ask for their opinion. If my beardie doesn't poop and eat any time soon I’ll be bringing her to the vet again. Any other help would be great. I’m getting really scared for my beardie. Thanks much.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The dosage for the Panacur was 0.23ml for three days. I gave her her final dosage yesterday. I’m guessing it’s pointless to go with the probiotic now. Or would it be advisable to go with bug-de-lite.com and ask for their opinion. If my beardie doesn't poop and eat any time soon I’ll be bringing her to the vet again. Any other help would be great. I’m getting really scared for my beardie. Thanks much.
Ok so that was a low dose --- contact Tracie on the site and ask her -- shes gonna know more than I - if your insisting she go to the bathroom feed her some canned pumpkin w/ a drop or two of olive oil - that will make her go - its a natural laxative -- you do not want to take her back to the vet for bathroom issues all they will do is give her a enema -- that you do not want --- feed the pumpkin till she goes ---- weigh her now - kitchen food scale weigh in grams - keep track of the weight --- you can feed her slurries - greens w/ some squash maybe a little blueberry in it -- how old is the dragon - I went back thru the post and didnt see a age

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok so that was a low dose --- contact Tracie on the site and ask her -- shes gonna know more than I - if your insisting she go to the bathroom feed her some canned pumpkin w/ a drop or two of olive oil - that will make her go - its a natural laxative -- you do not want to take her back to the vet for bathroom issues all they will do is give her a enema -- that you do not want --- feed the pumpkin till she goes ---- weigh her now - kitchen food scale weigh in grams - keep track of the weight --- you can feed her slurries - greens w/ some squash maybe a little blueberry in it -- how old is the dragon - I went back thru the post and didnt see a age

You actually asked about her age before earlier in the thread. When I brought her home she was I’m guessing a few months old back in July 2020.
I tried the pumpkin/olive oil mixture and she’s not having it. As you probably know she’s not been eating fruits and veggies for months now. She was eating squash and blueberries. But you suggested not to too often. I’d bring in a fecal but she hasn’t pooped in more than a week. Good news is she’s been eating Phoenix worms and super worms. I know it’s not recommended to feed superworms. I’m just trying to get her to eat in something. I’ll try crickets again tonight. She hasn't eaten crickets in a week or so. Wish me luck, and as always thanks much.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You actually asked about her age before earlier in the thread. When I brought her home she was I’m guessing a few months old back in July 2020.
I tried the pumpkin/olive oil mixture and she’s not having it. As you probably know she’s not been eating fruits and veggies for months now. She was eating squash and blueberries. But you suggested not to too often. I’d bring in a fecal but she hasn’t pooped in more than a week. Good news is she’s been eating Phoenix worms and super worms. I know it’s not recommended to feed superworms. I’m just trying to get her to eat in something. I’ll try crickets again tonight. She hasn't eaten crickets in a week or so. Wish me luck, and as always thanks much.
Sorry I post w / so many people I cant remember every bodies age dragon -- its good shes eating the BSFL keep putting then on her salads - you can feed squash just not the blueberries as often-- I would sneak greens in w/ them and the BSFL so she gets some --- drop a blueberry in there as well --- her main diet is protein but you want her eating some of those salads too --- have you tried some dubia roaches those can be added to the bowl - try pulling the legs off the crickets and add them to the salads - but I would try some dubias --- feed the salads w/ the BSFL first then add your dubias to the salad and see how that works --

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Sorry I post w / so many people I cant remember every bodies age dragon -- its good shes eating the BSFL keep putting then on her salads - you can feed squash just not the blueberries as often-- I would sneak greens in w/ them and the BSFL so she gets some --- drop a blueberry in there as well --- her main diet is protein but you want her eating some of those salads too --- have you tried some dubia roaches those can be added to the bowl - try pulling the legs off the crickets and add them to the salads - but I would try some dubias --- feed the salads w/ the BSFL first then add your dubias to the salad and see how that works --
Absolutely no worries. Thanks for your patience. Should I try feeding her pumpkin with a syringe?thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Absolutely no worries. Thanks for your patience. Should I try feeding her pumpkin with a syringe?thanks
You can see if she will lick it off a spoon if not then water it down a syringe feed-

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
She finally just pooped. It's white and moist. See below. Any suggestions? Should I bring the poop to my vet? Or ask bug-de-lite.com or both?
FF3EF88B-9D24-4E9E-A428-B98CCB68DD8E.jpeg

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
You can see if she will lick it off a spoon if not then water it down a syringe feed-
I just tried feeding her the pumpkin with a spoon and she only ate a mouth full. And then turned her head up at it. Making progress anyway.