• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardies poop

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
Hello, regarding the beatufildrangons nutrition chart I’ve tried all sorts of different combos of insects, fruits and vegetables. The only things she eats is blueberries, squash, and different worms and crickets. I’m gonna try feeding her the fruits and veggies on the nutrition chart again from the beginning. What foods on the chart, the ones highlighted green and black, should I not feed her? For example the chart says blueberries, raisins and figs are safe but on the forums it is suggested to not feed them those. Thanks so much.
So everything that is coloured green on the list is a staple (everyday feeder) anything that is black is feed occasionally so probably once a week or once every two weeks!
Stick to the green items and just add the odd black one.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, regarding the beatufildrangons nutrition chart I’ve tried all sorts of different combos of insects, fruits and vegetables. The only things she eats is blueberries, squash, and different worms and crickets. I’m gonna try feeding her the fruits and veggies on the nutrition chart again from the beginning. What foods on the chart, the ones highlighted green and black, should I not feed her? For example the chart says blueberries, raisins and figs are safe but on the forums it is suggested to not feed them those. Thanks so much.
Fruit should be fed in moderation not a every day thing because of the sugar content --- they need to revise this chart as it is old but posted more for guidelines -- since it was put out kale was determined that its a great staple feeder and actually has better nutrition than collards --- too much squash can cause runny stool because of the water content so I would mix your squashes up-- like the greens collards kale turnip and mustard-- they dont have prickly pear on the chart and its a good staple feeder- those are cactus pads that can be ordered off Amazon - the blueberries on the chart say feed occasionally-- but any fruit should be fed in moderation because of the sugar content -- dragons can get diabetes from what I have been told so --- I know people who feed red and green pepper and that is fine but too much can cause runny stools because of high water content --- just watch what you feed if not sure ask and you can always google the item to see what it says --- and then ask if again if not sure -- I try and stick to stuff that is most popular - I feed raw shredded sweet potato and its not on the chart --- that is a good roughage that keeps them regular

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Fruit should be fed in moderation not a every day thing because of the sugar content --- they need to revise this chart as it is old but posted more for guidelines -- since it was put out kale was determined that its a great staple feeder and actually has better nutrition than collards --- too much squash can cause runny stool because of the water content so I would mix your squashes up-- like the greens collards kale turnip and mustard-- they dont have prickly pear on the chart and its a good staple feeder- those are cactus pads that can be ordered off Amazon - the blueberries on the chart say feed occasionally-- but any fruit should be fed in moderation because of the sugar content -- dragons can get diabetes from what I have been told so --- I know people who feed red and green pepper and that is fine but too much can cause runny stools because of high water content --- just watch what you feed if not sure ask and you can always google the item to see what it says --- and then ask if again if not sure -- I try and stick to stuff that is most popular - I feed raw shredded sweet potato and its not on the chart --- that is a good roughage that keeps them regular
Thanks much. Great post
How about bee pollen powder? How much?how often? With what foods?

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello, I feed my beardie silk worms, Phoenix worms, crickets and will soon add different salads to her diet. Lights on at 3pm and lights off at 3 am. When should I feed her the feeders and salads. I’ve been feeding her Phoenix worms and silk worms at about 5pm and crickets at about midnight. I’ll have the salads available 24/7.
When should I feed her the live feeders? Is it okay to feed salads 24/7?thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, I feed my beardie silk worms, Phoenix worms, crickets and will soon add different salads to her diet. Lights on at 3pm and lights off at 3 am. When should I feed her the feeders and salads. I’ve been feeding her Phoenix worms and silk worms at about 5pm and crickets at about midnight. I’ll have the salads available 24/7.
When should I feed her the live feeders? Is it okay to feed salads 24/7?thanks
She needs at least 2 hrs of basking time to start digestion --- I would offer the salads at the 5 PM feeding -- do not feed her after 12 AM or there abouts --- she needs the time to bask and start her digestion --

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
She needs at least 2 hrs of basking time to start digestion --- I would offer the salads at the 5 PM feeding -- do not feed her after 12 AM or there abouts --- she needs the time to bask and start her digestion --
Thanks much. What about the crickets, Phoenix worms and silk worms. When should I feed her them?

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
At the same time - you can add the phoenix worms and the silks on top.of her salads- then feed her the crickets about an HR later--
Every time I mix feeders with salads she totally eats everything but the salads. I’ve been struggling to get her to eat salads for months now. The salads I’ve gotten her to eat is squash and blueberries but was recommended by the forums to not feed them to her. Are there any updated versions of safe food lists? Thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Every time I mix feeders with salads she totally eats everything but the salads. I’ve been struggling to get her to eat salads for months now. The salads I’ve gotten her to eat is squash and blueberries but was recommended by the forums to not feed them to her. Are there any updated versions of safe food lists? Thanks
Yes I can post the nutrition website tomorrow- squash mixed w/ greens like mustard collards turnip and kale - use the phoenix worms to lure her to the salad bowl use as many as you want even if she's eating a little bit that's good-- she needs to start eating some the insects are her main food now so make sure your dusting the insects- silk worms stick to everything

Hadenuffyet

Juvenile Dragon
I see no mention of dubia roaches or is that just included in “all the feeders I’ve tried”. Mine hasn’t touched a cricket since I switched to roaches. He loves them and gets exercise chasing them.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I see no mention of dubia roaches or is that just included in “all the feeders I’ve tried”. Mine hasn’t touched a cricket since I switched to roaches. He loves them and gets exercise chasing them.
The roaches are better nutrition wise than crickets- figs raisins and blueberries are high in sugar I have never fed raisins or figs tried blueberries but my dragons won't eat them or any fruit - so I just stick w/ the greens and different squashes along w/ raw shredded sweet potato- red pepper celery once in awhile- not too often-- I have fed prickly pear cactus pads

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I’m gonna try feeding her Timberline prickly cactus again. Problem is I‘m not sure if they’re in season or not. They’re pretty much out of stock everywhere I checked. Are there any alternatives to Timberline. Thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’m gonna try feeding her Timberline prickly cactus again. Problem is I‘m not sure if they’re in season or not. They’re pretty much out of stock everywhere I checked. Are there any alternatives to Timberline. Thanks
You can get prickly pear cactus pads off Amazon-

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks. Will THIS do? How long will these last?In my experience the Timberline cactus spoils after a week.
Yes they will do and I have had them for a couple of weeks - put them in a Ziploc bag and in the veggie drawer - when they get black spots on the cut them off--

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
my beardie has only pooped once in the last week. I’ll be bringing a fecal sample to my vet tomorrow. Anything in particular I should ask the vet?anything I should request ? Like no enemas for example.thanks much

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
my beardie has only pooped once in the last week. I’ll be bringing a fecal sample to my vet tomorrow. Anything in particular I should ask the vet?anything I should request ? Like no enemas for example.thanks much
now my beardie isn’t eating crickets or silk worms. I’ll be bringing her to the vet tomorrow. Any suggestions?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Copies of the blood work or anything that is done -- office visit copy- make sure your basking temps are correct 105-110 for a baby and taken w/ a digital probe -- also the UVB is correct place and correct distance -- this plays everything in the pooping dept -- if she has parasites the poop will be real runny and stink to high heaven -- too many parasites will cause appetite loss --