• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardies poop

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, my beardie hasn’t pooped much at all this past week. Any suggestions?thanks
What is the diet and how old is the dragon --- are you using the T 5 bulb for a UVB ? And basking temps? what are they and how are you taking them ? The lighting in the tank is what controls the digestion

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
What is the diet and how old is the dragon --- are you using the T 5 bulb for a UVB ? And basking temps? what are they and how are you taking them ? The lighting in the tank is what controls the digestion
I feed her blueberries, Phoenix worms, crickets, silkworms, Flukers veggie variety. Every once in a while mealworms. I usually dust the crickets with Miner-all. She’s approaching a year since I bought her. She was only a few months old when I bought her. I brought her home July last year.
For uvb I use a Zoo Med T5 HO. For temps I mainly use a General below.
Under the basking bulb it’s usually between 100 - 104 degrees. Under the uvb I’d say it’s about 75 degrees. Thanks much.
472BB714-67A9-491E-AB1D-8592A2B5210D.jpeg

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
I am no expert but I would say, cut back on the blueberries, they are full of sugar and water, feed only occasionally. Introduce collard greens, dandelion greens, mustard green, pak-Choi (easy to grow) butternut squash, yellow squash, there is a whole list that I was sent I believe by @Sadie so I’m sure she will post it here!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ur dragon is getting alot of squishy bugs, normally they get more hard chitinous bugs, maybe that’s why he’s having a hard time? I think it might be a diet issue.
Diet and UVB issue possibly--- what is the placement of the UVB? top of screen or inside the tank ? Please lay off the blueberries they are what Skybug said
Ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
The placement of the UVB is critical --- also I recommend getting a digital probe thermometer they are the most accurate some decor materials are not readable by the IR gun --- like hammocks for example -- the probes can be bought at Petco or Petsmart or on line - they range from $5 99 - $9 depending on where you get them - you want temps in the tank 95-100 now that shes approaching 1 yr-- mid tank 90's and cool side of tank 80"s during the day - temps at nite 65-75 and no lights --

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Diet and UVB issue possibly--- what is the placement of the UVB? top of screen or inside the tank ? Please lay off the blueberries they are what Skybug said
Ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
The placement of the UVB is critical --- also I recommend getting a digital probe thermometer they are the most accurate some decor materials are not readable by the IR gun --- like hammocks for example -- the probes can be bought at Petco or Petsmart or on line - they range from $5 99 - $9 depending on where you get them - you want temps in the tank 95-100 now that shes approaching 1 yr-- mid tank 90's and cool side of tank 80"s during the day - temps at nite 65-75 and no lights --
The uvb is on top of the screen of a Zen Habitats. How often would it be okay to feed her blueberries if at all. It took me a long time to get her to eat something other than live feeders. And will a thermometer such as below be okay?thanks
41B28127-ABCF-420A-BD0B-6F85ED350981.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The uvb is on top of the screen of a Zen Habitats. How often would it be okay to feed her blueberries if at all. It took me a long time to get her to eat something other than live feeders. And will a thermometer such as below be okay?thanksView attachment 28286
No on the thermometer you need one w/ a probe and you need to move the UVB inside the tank - I have a zen and my uvb is inside the tank - they are too tall to.have on top of screen - distance for a T 5 is 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor- if you need help w/ things to hang I can post some if you like

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
No on the thermometer you need one w/ a probe and you need to move the UVB inside the tank - I have a zen and my uvb is inside the tank - they are too tall to.have on top of screen - distance for a T 5 is 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor- if you need help w/ things to hang I can post some if you like
So sorry. My bad. I was thinking the uvb was on top of the Zen. It is mounted inside the terrarium. I can’t find a digital probe thermometer. All I’m finding is cooking thermometers and thermometers for taking the temps of humans. Any you’d recommend?thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So sorry. My bad. I was thinking the uvb was on top of the Zen. It is mounted inside the terrarium. I can’t find a digital probe thermometer. All I’m finding is cooking thermometers and thermometers for taking the temps of humans. Any you’d recommend?thanks
I would also recommend a digital probe hygrometer as well --- place the probe on the back center wall of the tank
the UVB needs to be directly over the basking decor 12-15 inches

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ur dragon is getting alot of squishy bugs, normally they get more hard chitinous bugs, maybe that’s why he’s having a hard time? I think it might be a diet issue.
I’ve been feeding her, for the most part, the same diet for the past year. The only difference is I finally got her to eat blueberries and Flukers veggie variety the past month or so. The watery poop is all of the sudden. I have no idea it could be blueberries but I’m not even close to being veterinarian.

I recently replaced the uvb as recommended by the forums.

Where the basking bulb is there’s a hammock underneath. Should I place a hammock or something under the uvb?
thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’ve been feeding her, for the most part, the same diet for the past year. The only difference is I finally got her to eat blueberries and Flukers veggie variety the past month or so. The watery poop is all of the sudden. I have no idea it could be blueberries but I’m not even close to being veterinarian.

I recently replaced the uvb as recommended by the forums.

Where the basking bulb is there’s a hammock underneath. Should I place a hammock or something under the uvb?
thanks
You need a piece of decor directly under the UVB --- lay off the blueberries they are high in sugar and can cause diabetes in dragons- the pellets I wouldnt feed either -- feed fresh greens / salads daily -- it is way better for them -- watch the poops and see if the form up --if they do not have you had a parasite test done recently -- does the poop stink so bad it makes you want to leave the room ???? You can take a fecal in to the vet have them test it ---- NO ENEMAS -- rule that out as a cause for the runny stools too --- its a game of trying to figure out what is causing them

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I would also recommend a digital probe hygrometer as well --- place the probe on the back center wall of the tank
the UVB needs to be directly over the basking decor 12-15 inches
I just got back from Petsmart and it was only $3
As far as a hydrometer goes I found THIS. It’s a hydrometer/thermometer combo. Would the combo do or should I just go with a hydrometer seperate from the thermometer?thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I just got back from Petsmart and it was only $3
As far as a hydrometer goes I found THIS. It’s a hydrometer/thermometer combo. Would the combo do or should I just go with a hydrometer seperate from the thermometer?thanks
You can do the combo if you like the probe for the hygrometer should be placed on the back center wall- of the tank-- it's up to you- mine are all separate- I have two zoo med probe thermometers and one zoo med hygrometer- plus a stick on and a IR gun--

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
You need a piece of decor directly under the UVB --- lay off the blueberries they are high in sugar and can cause diabetes in dragons- the pellets I wouldnt feed either -- feed fresh greens / salads daily -- it is way better for them -- watch the poops and see if the form up --if they do not have you had a parasite test done recently -- does the poop stink so bad it makes you want to leave the room ???? You can take a fecal in to the vet have them test it ---- NO ENEMAS -- rule that out as a cause for the runny stools too --- its a game of trying to figure out what is causing them
Here’s a pic of what’s in my fridge of all the different types of food i have for her. Which ones would you rule out?

Her poop doesn’t stink at all. A week or so ago I brought her to the vet for a wellness exam and she seems to be in good health. Next time she poops I’ll bring it in for a fecal thanks
61BA3485-0BAF-48E6-B023-C5C486F77198.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here’s a pic of what’s in my fridge of all the different types of food i have for her. Which ones would you rule out?

Her poop doesn’t stink at all. A week or so ago I brought her to the vet for a wellness exam and she seems to be in good health. Thanks
View attachment 28320
No dates- no figs- does he eat the salad dressing? The wax worms sparingly- the dried stuff in the bags I would not feed- the silkworm and dragon bites I would feed on the salads+- keep the repta boost

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
No dates- no figs- does he eat the salad dressing? The wax worms sparingly- the dried stuff in the bags I would not feed- the silkworm and dragon bites I would feed on the salads+- keep the repta boost
I tried feeding her all types of live feeders, veggies and fruits with the salad dressing with no luck. Her absolute favorite is crickets, Phoenix worms, and silk worms. She goes into a feeding frenzy for them. I tried mixing all three with salads and she just wont eat the salads. Can you suggest a safe food list. Thanks.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I tried feeding her all types of live feeders, veggies and fruits with the salad dressing with no luck. Her absolute favorite is crickets, Phoenix worms, and silk worms. She goes into a feeding frenzy for them. I tried mixing all three with salads and she just wont eat the salads. Can you suggest a safe food list. Thanks.
Leave the salad dressing off feed salad first thing in the morning w/ the BSFL (phoenix worms) on top to lure to the bowl --- disable the crickets by pulling the legs off and put them in the food bowl as well along w/ the silk worms --- they stick to everything -- try that and see how it works
here is a website for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html Ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder -- make sure you look that whole page over it gives plants that can be fed as well

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Leave the salad dressing off feed salad first thing in the morning w/ the BSFL (phoenix worms) on top to lure to the bowl --- disable the crickets by pulling the legs off and put them in the food bowl as well along w/ the silk worms --- they stick to everything -- try that and see how it works
here is a website for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html Ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder -- make sure you look that whole page over it gives plants that can be fed as well
Hello, regarding the beatufildrangons nutrition chart I’ve tried all sorts of different combos of insects, fruits and vegetables. The only things she eats is blueberries, squash, and different worms and crickets. I’m gonna try feeding her the fruits and veggies on the nutrition chart again from the beginning. What foods on the chart, the ones highlighted green and black, should I not feed her? For example the chart says blueberries, raisins and figs are safe but on the forums it is suggested to not feed them those. Thanks so much.

Latest posts