• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie aggression? Sickness?

Benbenz

Hatchling Dragon
Good please post a pic of his mouth I will have someone take a look and Tracie as well- what meds did they give and for what? Did they say anything about treating the mouth rot or what exactly are they treating? What about the uvb? Did you get one
I can't really get a photo of the inside of his mouth. Yet, when taken to the vet, she said that this more back of his mouth was a bit red. I believe she gave medicine for both mouth rot and respiratory. She gave me Betadine

Benbenz

Hatchling Dragon
I can't really get a photo of the inside of his mouth. Yet, when taken to the vet, she said that this more back of his mouth was a bit red. I believe she gave medicine for both mouth rot and respiratory. She gave me Betadine
I also forgot to add in the TMS suspension, didn't realize it sent. Sorry ! She did go over that medication can help, but giving a shot wouldn't be the best idea with how tiny he was and how small his arms were. They told me to call back in a week just in case a stronger medication is needed. The UVB is going to take a few days to get here.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I also forgot to add in the TMS suspension, didn't realize it sent. Sorry ! She did go over that medication can help, but giving a shot wouldn't be the best idea with how tiny he was and how small his arms were. They told me to call back in a week just in case a stronger medication is needed. The UVB is going to take a few days to get here.
How are you giving the betadine? And what med for suspension?

Benbenz

Hatchling Dragon
Any kind of pics of his mouth would be good --- I want Tracie to weigh in on this and see what she thinks -
@Drache613
I can't get a good enough lighting to get a proper photo of the inside of his mouth. I can say there is a good amount of mucus in his mouth. I do remember the vet saying the redness in his mouth is more in the back, so I don't think I'll be able to get a photo of that.

Attachments

• IMG20230316181734.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG20230316181611.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I can't get a good enough lighting to get a proper photo of the inside of his mouth. I can say there is a good amount of mucus in his mouth. I do remember the vet saying the redness in his mouth is more in the back, so I don't think I'll be able to get a photo of that.
I am gonna see if someone can tell if there is a issue here I know I cant

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

I don't think this is mouth rot, but the excess saliva might be a possibility of a respiratory infection going
on perhaps. Has he exhibited any signs or symptoms of respiratory distress?
It looks like his nostrils are going to be shedding?
The yellowish inside of the mouth is likely the normal pigmentation which is seen quite often due to genetics.
How is hie appetite doing? He is certainly a small one!

Tracie

Benbenz

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

I don't think this is mouth rot, but the excess saliva might be a possibility of a respiratory infection going
on perhaps. Has he exhibited any signs or symptoms of respiratory distress?
It looks like his nostrils are going to be shedding?
The yellowish inside of the mouth is likely the normal pigmentation which is seen quite often due to genetics.
How is hie appetite doing? He is certainly a small one!

Tracie
Yeah, he is quite a small one, haha. I did think it was a respiratory infection, and I do believe so. He coughs and constantly puffs up his beard, but it's gotten better with the medication being given. He's still willing to chase crickets and eat them.

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

That is good to hear he is getting better. Which medication is he on currently?
At least his appetite is still there right now. Be sure to keep him a little warmer overnight, to help
boost his immune system.

Tracie

Benbenz

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

That is good to hear he is getting better. Which medication is he on currently?
At least his appetite is still there right now. Be sure to keep him a little warmer overnight, to help
boost his immune system.

Tracie
Betadine that goes along the mouth and a TMS suspension with Orasweet is what he currently has.

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

Oh ok, that sounds like it will work well, so hopefully it helps out for him pretty quickly!
How are things going for him today?

Tracie

Benbenz

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

Oh ok, that sounds like it will work well, so hopefully it helps out for him pretty quickly!
How are things going for him today?

Tracie
He's doing pretty good ! I've introduced him to Nutrigrub, which he does enjoy. He ate three of those and two crickets. He's never happy taking his medicine to, haha.

Benbenz

Hatchling Dragon
Any kind of pics of his mouth would be good --- I want Tracie to weigh in on this and see what she thinks -
@Drache613
The light that you suggested me to order came today. It's 14" instead of 24" zoomed reptihood instead since money is a little tight. It's a 5.0 t5 that comes automatically with the hood, correct ? Should I buy a 10.0 ? And if so, could you link me a site with a 10.0 t5 bulb that could fit the hood? I'm having trouble finding a site. I think 10.0 would be better to sit on the screen rather than 5.0 as I'm unable to put it inside like I said before.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The light that you suggested me to order came today. It's 14" instead of 24" zoomed reptihood instead since money is a little tight. It's a 5.0 t5 that comes automatically with the hood, correct ? Should I buy a 10.0 ? And if so, could you link me a site with a 10.0 t5 bulb that could fit the hood? I'm having trouble finding a site. I think 10.0 would be better to sit on the screen rather than 5.0 as I'm unable to put it inside like I said before.
Is he still in the 20 gallon tank ? If so use the 5.0 bulb that came w/ it --- for your 20 gallon its going to be fine but it MUST be unobstructed- and a piece of basking decor directly under it 6-8 inches --- when you get a bigger tank you will need the 24" fixture I posted earlier w/ the bulb -- will the 14" go across the tank diagonally? If so set it on one end of the tank w/ the screen butted up to the fixture and place your basking bulb there - that way you have the UVB and basking all in one place -- the only way you can have it on the screen is if the screen is a wide hole type--- please post a pic of the screen

Benbenz

Hatchling Dragon
Is he still in the 20 gallon tank ? If so use the 5.0 bulb that came w/ it --- for your 20 gallon its going to be fine but it MUST be unobstructed- and a piece of basking decor directly under it 6-8 inches --- when you get a bigger tank you will need the 24" fixture I posted earlier w/ the bulb -- will the 14" go across the tank diagonally? If so set it on one end of the tank w/ the screen butted up to the fixture and place your basking bulb there - that way you have the UVB and basking all in one place -- the only way you can have it on the screen is if the screen is a wide hole type--- please post a pic of the screen
Yeah, he's still in the 20 gallon. It'll be going diagonal. Here's a photo of the mesh screen.

Attachments

• IMG20230323064401.jpg
    11.1 MB · Views: 3

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah, he's still in the 20 gallon. It'll be going diagonal. Here's a photo of the mesh screen.
Ok that screen is good for a T 5 to sit on top but not the 5.0 bulb - they are not strong enough to go thru the screen and the distance needs to be 6-8 inches as well -- if the fixture is long enough to diagonal do it that way and butt your screen up to it w/ the basking light on one end - make sure he can get directly under the UVB --

Benbenz

Hatchling Dragon
Ok that screen is good for a T 5 to sit on top but not the 5.0 bulb - they are not strong enough to go thru the screen and the distance needs to be 6-8 inches as well -- if the fixture is long enough to diagonal do it that way and butt your screen up to it w/ the basking light on one end - make sure he can get directly under the UVB --
Alright, can you link me a 10.0 bulb for a 14" hood?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Alright, can you link me a 10.0 bulb for a 14" hood?
They do not make them for a 14" hood --- the smallest they go is a 18" - for now use the 5.0 on the tank - just make sure its unobstructed and 6-8 inches directly above

Benbenz

Hatchling Dragon
They do not make them for a 14" hood --- the smallest they go is a 18" - for now use the 5.0 on the tank - just make sure its unobstructed and 6-8 inches directly above
Took a closer look into the 14" hood, it takes a 12" bulb, which luckily can be bought as a 10.0 t5, I'll be purchasing it. For now, I'll do as you suggested before the bulb arrives.