• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Ragon still not eating...

Peacheless

Hatchling Dragon
Hi. I posted regarding my bearded dragon Red a few weeks ago. I am here to give an update on the situation. He still is not eating. I have gotten a better heating lamp. I have also gotten a better UVB light. Speciffically a REPTI ZOO T5 10.0 HO UVB. The humidity in the enclosure stays between 30-40%. His basking spot ranges from 95-100 degrees. His cool area is around 75-80 degrees. I am not sure what else to do at this point to get him interested in food. I weighed him earlier today and he was 23g. Im not quite sure how old he is and if thats an ok weight for him since hes not eating. I also took him to the vet. The vet said that he wasnt impacted and he didnt have parasites. The vet gave him a vitamin B shot. The next day he had only eaten about 5 to 6 roaches. And that's about it. Any help would suffice. If you would like to see what his enclosure looks like just ask. Thank you.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi. I posted regarding my bearded dragon Red a few weeks ago. I am here to give an update on the situation. He still is not eating. I have gotten a better heating lamp. I have also gotten a better UVB light. Speciffically a REPTI ZOO T5 10.0 HO UVB. The humidity in the enclosure stays between 30-40%. His basking spot ranges from 95-100 degrees. His cool area is around 75-80 degrees. I am not sure what else to do at this point to get him interested in food. I weighed him earlier today and he was 23g. Im not quite sure how old he is and if thats an ok weight for him since hes not eating. I also took him to the vet. The vet said that he wasnt impacted and he didnt have parasites. The vet gave him a vitamin B shot. The next day he had only eaten about 5 to 6 roaches. And that's about it. Any help would suffice. If you would like to see what his enclosure looks like just ask. Thank you.
Yes please post a pic of the tank --- and I would change the bulb out for a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb -- they are better bulbs and have better output for UVB --- are you taking surface basking temps w/a digital probe thermometer? The UVB is where in the tank ? top of screen? Inside? Your screen is a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type? This will determine the distance and placement of the UVB

Peacheless

Hatchling Dragon
Yes please post a pic of the tank --- and I would change the bulb out for a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb -- they are better bulbs and have better output for UVB --- are you taking surface basking temps w/a digital probe thermometer? The UVB is where in the tank ? top of screen? Inside? Your screen is a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type? This will determine the distance and placement of the UVB
I am using a handheld thermometer. The UVB is inside his tank.Beside his basking light. I will attach pictures of his tank and temperatures. I also wanna specify that he isn't lethargic or anything. He always has lots of energy and is very curious. He also still drinks water.

Attachments

• 20220918_121405.jpg
    20220918_121405.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 23
  • 20220918_121441.jpg
    20220918_121441.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 20220918_121452.jpg
    20220918_121452.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 20220918_121504.jpg
    20220918_121504.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • 20220918_121809.jpg
    20220918_121809.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • 16635180881668216207858306164073.jpg
    16635180881668216207858306164073.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 10
  • 20220918_121536.jpg
    20220918_121536.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 19

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am using a handheld thermometer. The UVB is inside his tank.Beside his basking light. I will attach pictures of his tank and temperatures. I also wanna specify that he isn't lethargic or anything. He always has lots of energy and is very curious. He also still drinks water.
Ok IR guns are good but can be off -- please invest in 2 digital probe thermometers -- IR guns can be off w/ the material used for basking decor pieces --- how often is he eating? Relocation stress will effect the appetite and its good he is eating something -- your distance for your UVB should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece --- please get the better bulb I mentioned -- I would order him some large BSFL you will need a bowl they cant get out of https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
these are great salad bowls --- BSFL from here www.symtonbsf.com do not dust them use them to lure him to the salad bowl and hand feed them to him --- feed first thing in the morning as many as you want they make a great compliment to the roaches and are a good staple feeder for babies --- get him some medium super worms ad those as well 1-3 only every other day -- he will get hooked on those and we dont want that -- your humidity is good but please get a digital probe hygrometer - place on the back center wall it will read the whole tank --
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
ignore the kale info its out of date -- its a great staple feeder

Peacheless

Hatchling Dragon
Ok IR guns are good but can be off -- please invest in 2 digital probe thermometers -- IR guns can be off w/ the material used for basking decor pieces --- how often is he eating? Relocation stress will effect the appetite and its good he is eating something -- your distance for your UVB should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece --- please get the better bulb I mentioned -- I would order him some large BSFL you will need a bowl they cant get out of https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
these are great salad bowls --- BSFL from here www.symtonbsf.com do not dust them use them to lure him to the salad bowl and hand feed them to him --- feed first thing in the morning as many as you want they make a great compliment to the roaches and are a good staple feeder for babies --- get him some medium super worms ad those as well 1-3 only every other day -- he will get hooked on those and we dont want that -- your humidity is good but please get a digital probe hygrometer - place on the back center wall it will read the whole tank --
Ok. Thank you. I will get these things as soon as I can.

Peacheless

Hatchling Dragon
Update: The thing you told me to get hasnt been delivered yet so I don't have them as of this moment. But I was able to hand feed him some collard greens. He doesnt seem too interested in the bugs though.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Update: The thing you told me to get hasnt been delivered yet so I don't have them as of this moment. But I was able to hand feed him some collard greens. He doesnt seem too interested in the bugs though.
Which bugs?

Pringle

Bearded Dragon Egg
Waxworms are only to be fed as a treat every 2 weeks as they are too sweet and fatty for reptiles, and are addictive. Something like cheesecake for us. How often do/did you feed them to him?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah I've already taken him to the vet. They just gave him a Vitamin B shot. He doesn't have parasites either.
I am thinking hes going into brumation or semi brumation -- hows his weight?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Really? I weighed him this week he was like 23g. But I'm not too sure how old he is. So Idk if that's a healthy weight.
No please post a pic of the dragon - 23 grams is for a baby- never mind - does he have stress marks and did you get the reptisun bulb I recommended?