• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon help. (not eating or drinking)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
quick update on the BSFL he seems to really like them, so so far so good, I leave them in his bowl and I have to walk away and he goes and eats them from there, still trying to get him to eat his salads, he took some bites of some collard greens today but he still doesnt seem to like them. also wondering how much direct uvb beardies actually need he doesnt go under his uvb that often today he spent about an hour or two under it but then some days he doesnt go under it. he also like to glass surf quite a bit, I take him out but then he wants to go back in just to start glass surfing again with his enclosure opened.
Switch his greens up you need to find something he likes - mix them and see what hes eating the most of- collards/ turnip greens or mustard / turnip or kale dandeliion greens etc -- dragons know what they need for UVB and basking - let him do his thing he knows - how big is is tank ?

Arcane

Hatchling Dragon
Switch his greens up you need to find something he likes - mix them and see what hes eating the most of- collards/ turnip greens or mustard / turnip or kale dandeliion greens etc -- dragons know what they need for UVB and basking - let him do his thing he knows - how big is is tank ?
I will go ahead and try different types of greens , it's a 4x2x2

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yea it is inside the tank.
ok good make sure its directly over the basking decor 12-15 inches -- try different greens and see if you get any different response they all have different tastes its finding something they like

Arcane

Hatchling Dragon
ok good make sure its directly over the basking decor 12-15 inches -- try different greens and see if you get any different response they all have different tastes its finding something they like
I will have to try and find a new basking rock for him then. Both of the ones he has are corner rocks so can't place the uvb right above it without it being directly under the basking lamp, haven't been able to find any good ones.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I will have to try and find a new basking rock for him then. Both of the ones he has are corner rocks so can't place the uvb right above it without it being directly under the basking lamp, haven't been able to find any good ones.
Try pet smart they have nice decor and easy to clean- I got a rock/ hide from dubiaroaches.com it was spendy but blaze uses it all the time and it's good size- I can post a link for it if you like

Arcane

Hatchling Dragon
Try pet smart they have nice decor and easy to clean- I got a rock/ hide from dubiaroaches.com it was spendy but blaze uses it all the time and it's good size- I can post a link for it if you like
Yes please.