• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Backyard pics....

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks Renee.
We dont have too much of a weed problem, and no crabgrass. Luckily it was like that when we bought the house. The guy that we bought it from, he was kind of creepily obsessed about the yard, and so it was in great shape when we got it.
He about had a heart attack when he found out that we were going to put a fence in the back for the dogs. He was freaking out about us having holes dug for fence poles in OUR yard!
:eek:

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds like our neighbor. He is very anal about his yard and it is gorgeous. He puts a lot of time and effort into it.

The previous owners hated cutting grass, so I would say 85% of our property was professionally landscaped. We thought it would be low maintenance, but we have such a weed problem. We've added about 25% more back to grass.

Alright, I'll stop hijacking this thread. :D

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's certainly no hijacking, Renee. I started it so we could show off and talk about our yards.

Jen....wow! Your house and yard are gorgeous! And that pool....the twins would probably die for that.

I used to be SO into my yard that my friends called me "Green Thumb". I stopped fertilizing and spraying it about 6 or 7 years ago...and it's showing. I just got so tired of mowing it every 4 days. Clover and watergrass are, now, taking over where the zoysia isn't. The zoysia takes SO LONG to spread....but I love it. Well, except for the fact that it goes anywhere and gets into everything. But when under control, it can look like outdoor carpet.

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks Craig. I would say that you all are welcome to use the pool, but it may be a bit of a long drive down to NC! ;) But if you come this way, come on out!

To me, I have never been into lawns or landscaping that much. If the previous owner hadnt been so obsessive, there is no telling what our yard may look like!
I always try to tell people, you keep fertilizing that stuff, you are just going to have to mow more! ;) Sounds like you finally took the less mowing way! lol

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
:'( :'( :'( makes me miss that beautiful state even more looking at your yard :'( :'( :'(

love the yard, trees, creek...reminds me of home

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Sandra, if you come to NC, you are welcome to visit Eden and come see us and our creek! ;)

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I never thought I would miss seeing cows, corn (it is everywhere there, but you already know that), and rolling hills. Here all I have to look at is pine trees, FLAT land and palm trees.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Niiiice.. how did I miss this thread ?? ??... These are my contributions to the thread... I tend to think a bit more back woodsy type gardening, mixed in with desired veggies and fruits...

But if you look close enough.. you'll see a flowering gem here and there in the yard....

This is less than half of the back yard, that I maintain.... loosely....
Oh, just got a gift of all those tanks... they are currently residing in the green house ( until this fall, when I should have them all cleaned, wrapped and stored in the house).

Allthosetanks.jpg

Ya know those fierce canines of mine ? Here is their outside room....
IMG_0010_1.jpg

The Queens' Garden... Yeah yeah.. so it was a pink toilet in the house... I found a much nicer setting than originally placed in the bathroom... lol
IMG_0009_1.jpg

Back part of the Q.g.
Beautyberry.jpg

You all remember those flowering jewels ?
IMG_0024.jpg

There is more, of course, however.. I just don't have the photos on a pc... hard copies... imagine that ?

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is so nice to see all the different tastes that everybody has in their outside decorations. THey are all great. Jiff....one of these days i'll take a drive down 95.

Things are still really hectic here. I promise front yard pics soon. Not a big deal at all....my flowers are beautiful though!

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I know it took a long time but I didn't have any pics of my front yard. The flowers aren't looking as vibrant as the summer, but they are still nice. Took these because we are actually considering making a move.
House004.jpg

House005.jpg

Will take more pics and post when I change my flowers over to Mums...probably in about 2 weeks.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks...we've been thinking of selling and buying closer to where Dean works till he retires in about 3-4 years. But...we can't find anything near as nice. Everything is tiny with no land. Eventually once he retires we are looking to buy in a town that I can get a couple of acres. Don't want to see my neighbors. I want some big dogs and maybe a few chickens, lol!

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
We had some serious rain about a month ago, and our creek that normally looks like the pic posted on the previous page (basically you cannot see the water in the creek from the house). It was about 30 feet or more out of where it was supposed to be in some places

looked like this
4907335071_5ef507af32.jpg

4907919878_5447ef2fc7.jpg

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow...rain is good, but too much isn't a good thing, lol! We had some serious flooding here in MA back in March/April but not a drop since. I guess we are getting some this week and they are saying it will be "too much". Only time will tell.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
WOW!!! Lisa!! I did not realize it was that big. What's that off to the side? A porch? Love the color!!

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not huge. It is a 2100 sq ft Colonial. It was great to bring up the kids...always enough room with 4 bedrooms. But now its a little big for us.

That room off the side is a porch. It actually has a heater in it, but we shut the gas off on it many years ago. It is a wonderful room to have. We use if for stuff. Recycling is out there, bikes when the kids had them, fishing gear in the summer, snowboard gear in the winter. Just a catch all, but very useful.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
YES!! I can see where it would be useful!! I have very little room for storage so I am goo-goo eyed with envy for it!! Very nice!! :)

Latest posts