• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Advise needed on OBESE 3 year old dragon

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I looked up the basking light link. It has different wattage. What watt bulbs for for the current tank 20" high? It does have a spiral bulb right now. So I need to ditch that one asap. My other question is....I have a wood cabinet with glass frontage that I'm turning into her new aquarium that is 50" long x 32" high × 15" wide? Three sides will have foam board. That is what a bought the Zilla pro for. Those bulbs I have coming are 50 watt. From all the reading I've done I thought the higher temp would be okay for that enclosure? I plan on having different levels she can get to thru out that cabinet. So essentially I'm using the glass tank she's in temporarily. Which is 12" wide 20" tall. There are pictures of the cabinet I'm going to refurbish. There happens to be 2 light fixtures already but they are not ceramic. I'm debating weather or not to utilize them by replacing the fixture its self? What are your thoughts and advise? I've been looking at the digital thermometers trying to figure out witch one and how many.... everything I've read is they need a peticular basking area. So I was trying to figure out where that would be according to the lighting system. I'm guessing I will need at least 4, some with the longer cord.? Wow that was alot.....hopefully you can follow or figure it out.

That's alot of info to follow. You said the hammock should be behind the basking light. So the light shouldnt shine on the hammock at all, right? She likes to go under that red light on the cushion. I was told to ditch the red light. I have the UVa and UBV coming from amazon prime. The tank shes in now should be good for the light system I have coming. I will raise it if it is too hot. I'm going to order the thermometers today. She loves her baths. I have well water with a water softener system. Someone said that's fine for them. Although I have been giving her bottled water to drink. In other tub I have it deep enough for to float with her front legs touching the bottom. The other end of the tub is shallow enough for all 4 legs to be down. If I move her to that end she goes back to the deeper end every time. I got the bath stuff down. I had automatically patted her dry before returning her to the tank. As far as exercise she seems to be getting plenty when I take her out daily. She has free roam now and loves it. I feel bad putting her back in the tank. At first she only moved about a foot. She never had freedom before. I even took her for a ride in my truck on the dash when it was a warm day. She had opened her mouth during that time. Which I didnt know why. I read it's how they cool down or they do that when there at perfect temperature and happy. I personally think it was cuz she was happy. I'm having the most trouble getting her to eat greens. I bought kale, cilantro, parsley, green beans, those flat pea pods. Cut them up and took out the little pea so it was separate, tiny tomatoes (which I read they shouldnt have much cuz of the acid) sweet potato that I havent tried yet, a mixed salad with no lettuce in it, I have given her a few blueberries but only four at most at a time, not often, with the calcium powder. What kind of vitamin powder you suggest? I've seen different ones and different brands. I never thought I'd be anticipating roaches coming.
Yes please get rid of the red light or she's gonna have eye issues- you only need a good bright white basking bulb and long tube uvb-- fixture-- blueberries are high in sugar feed sparingly- worms will get her to the salad bowl - you can order BSFL to lure her to the salad bowl www.symtonbsf.com order large do not dust them-- please get some reptivite it has beta carotene - please see the convo post- go off the nutrition website for veggies

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Id say my girl is at good weight, she has a belly but isnt big , i keep her a little leaner cause i dont want her to have a bad diet, you want to see structure but not feel bone.

Attachments

• A8095FAA-77C1-474C-B4B4-59E2438D6C77.jpeg
    A8095FAA-77C1-474C-B4B4-59E2438D6C77.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 2
  • 12FDDE20-6676-4703-BF50-11A11D9D85DF.jpeg
    12FDDE20-6676-4703-BF50-11A11D9D85DF.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 2
  • 7AD2C405-7339-4B78-8969-1FA93DA9A36E.jpeg
    7AD2C405-7339-4B78-8969-1FA93DA9A36E.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3

Latest posts