• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Advise needed on OBESE 3 year old dragon

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
She’s definitely a little over weight, beardies puff up (some days my beardie looks like skin and bones other days she looks bloated and i get worried) the best indicator of over weightness is their tail, you want to be able to just bearly see their hip bones, can you post a pic of just her hips/back legs and tail base.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I think if ur girl lost 125 grams thatd be a okay weight for her

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Try taking her outside if weather permits, 75f+ , maybe she’ll perk up and move more, she’s definitely never been out of her enclosure

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I suggest filling up your bathtub so it’s around her shoulder height and have her swim and move around in it. Kinda like hydro-therapy lol. Just make sure to keep an eye on her in case she inhales some water or something bad happens. I’d do this no more than 3 times a week

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Also considering she is young I suggest giving her a small salad everyday (3-4 bite full) and no more than 10 crickets a week. Do this for 2 weeks than give her a hearty salad for 2 weeks and repeat this process repeatedly until she’s at a good enough weight. The small salad weeks is what will bring her weight down but lakes in lots of vitamins and minerals that they need. But the 2 weeks of having normal amount of salad will replenish that and stop her from going into starvation mode. But truly do not give her more that 10 crickets a week and do a fasting day always. I’d also suggest weighing her almost daily to every other day to keep a good track of her weight

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I suggest filling up your bathtub so it’s around her shoulder height and have her swim and move around in it. Kinda like hydro-therapy lol. Just make sure to keep an eye on her in case she inhales some water or something bad happens. I’d do this no more than 3 times a week
Hydro therapy great idea. Thatd be alot better , itd take some of the stress off her joints :)

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I just got my first bearded dragon last night. I'm a complete Rookie. I've dont tons of reading and trying to educate myself. She if it's a she is 805 grams. Way over weight. She came with 2 filthy tanks. I've spent all day cleaning just one. The huge tank I took outside cuz it stunk so band. I swear I could taste the smell on the back of my throat last night. She was in a single layer tank. Feed dehydrated meal worms and dehydrated vegetables. The lady says shes a good eater. I gave two blueberries and only found one this morning. Can they eat cold blueberries or should all food be room temperature? I fear her health has to be at risk. Any advise on how to get her exercised and on a good diet. My budget is a issue. I cant see me raising roaches and crickets right now.
Hi, this is so Sad to hear!! The lady was improperly feeding him & he’s way over weight & could have or get fatty liver disease. Never ever feed mealworms or dehydrated anything. 1st of all get that Beardie tested ASAP at Reptile vet for Coccidia. It’s a stool sample ($50) to rule out parasites/Coccidia. It’s deadly & with unsanitary cages they get this. Use white terry cloth towels as a substrate. Give the Beardie a fresh plate everyday of greens/veggies: the Best/Everyday ones are: mustard greens, collard greens, dandelions, yellow squash( lots of calcium in it), butternut squash, endives amd green beans/snap peas. Cut them up to size amd do 2-3 of each in a plate everyday u can switch it after 4hours so it’s fresh & place it on the cold side. They love mustard greens & the squashes. Fruits are good a few times a week; blueberries like 6, mangoes and papaya. And for proteins do crickets & Dubia roaches like 15 Every other day lightly dusted in calcium powder 3-4 times a day once per week & herptivite vitamin powder once a week on a non calcium day. Give him a bath twice per week on lukewarm dechlorinated water but reptisafe if u dotm have a filter system. Don’t get water in his ears fill up the sink or bath tub with water so it’s way below his kneck of its too high they aspirate & breathe in water which leads to an URInfection. Also he needs a zoomed heat lamp amd a Reptisun 10.0 T5 for UVB this uvb needs replacing every 6Mnths buy a new one to be safe u cannot trust what the prior owner was doign. The length U order should cover 70percent of the tank & he needs a hideaway to get away from it as needed. Hammocks are great behind the basking spot & place a soft terry cloth towel over it amd a soft fleece blanket underneath so he has a hideaway. Also take him out to run around an exercise so he moves/loses weight. Baths 2/week & more if he’s shedding, Luke warm dechlorinated water for 15min minimum then pay him dry and place dune the heat lamp. Give him a bath ASAP to get him to poop all the crap out that she was feeding him. Buy reptisafe if your water is not filtered & don’t get water in his ears fill it up way below his neck and let him soak. This Beardie needs you, follow the above and he will be in gr8 shape soon.

kaithebabydragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just got my first bearded dragon last night. I'm a complete Rookie. I've dont tons of reading and trying to educate myself. She if it's a she is 805 grams. Way over weight. She came with 2 filthy tanks. I've spent all day cleaning just one. The huge tank I took outside cuz it stunk so band. I swear I could taste the smell on the back of my throat last night. She was in a single layer tank. Feed dehydrated meal worms and dehydrated vegetables. The lady says shes a good eater. I gave two blueberries and only found one this morning. Can they eat cold blueberries or should all food be room temperature? I fear her health has to be at risk. Any advise on how to get her exercised and on a good diet. My budget is a issue. I cant see me raising roaches and crickets right now.
In all honesty, with what information you've given it seems like she was being very poorly taken care of before she came to you. Definitely try to stay away from frozen or dehydrated worms. They should be live when fed to the beardie. You can probably find some live mealworms, BSFL, crickets, or dubia roaches at one of your local pet stores or a local reptile place. Since she's an adult bearded dragon, she won't need to be eating too many bugs/worms, so the budget shouldn't be a huge issue if you just purchase them directly from wherever you get the bugs. She was most likely being way overfed at her previous home. My advice would be to wean her off the bugs/worms until your only feeding 5-8 once a day or 10-20 every 2-3 days. Definitely get her started on some more veggies as well. I would recommend collard greens, dandelion greens, and yellow squash. The percentage of greens to bugs should be 70/30 to 80/20 for adults. I would also try to give fruit as more of a treat because they are not supposed to be a staple food. Good luck with your new bearded dragon! I'm sure you'll take great care of her.

Edit: And take her to a vet ASAP that specifically says they deal with reptiles!

kaithebabydragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
In all honesty, with what information you've given it seems like she was being very poorly taken care of before she came to you. Definitely try to stay away from frozen or dehydrated worms. They should be live when fed to the beardie. You can probably find some live mealworms, BSFL, crickets, or dubia roaches at one of your local pet stores or a local reptile place. Since she's an adult bearded dragon, she won't need to be eating too many bugs/worms, so the budget shouldn't be a huge issue if you just purchase them directly from wherever you get the bugs. She was most likely being way overfed at her previous home. My advice would be to wean her off the bugs/worms until your only feeding 5-8 once a day or 10-20 every 2-3 days. Definitely get her started on some more veggies as well. I would recommend collard greens, dandelion greens, and yellow squash. The percentage of greens to bugs should be 70/30 to 80/20 for adults. I would also try to give fruit as more of a treat because they are not supposed to be a staple food. Good luck with your new bearded dragon! I'm sure you'll take great care of her.

Edit: And take her to a vet ASAP that specifically says they deal with reptiles!
Also I forgot to add:
You should definitely try to clean up the tank as well. They shouldn't be living in a super dirty enviornment like that. I would recommend sticking with a solid substrate rather than a parcel or loose one. But it would be best to replace the repti carpet. Also I would recommend a strip light uvb for lighting as well as the basking light. And I don't know about your tank size but I would definitely recommend 65+ gallons, ideally 75 gallons; but bigger is better.
:)

Bree112

Bearded Dragon Egg
Also I forgot to add:
You should definitely try to clean up the tank as well. They shouldn't be living in a super dirty enviornment like that. I would recommend sticking with a solid substrate rather than a parcel or loose one. But it would be best to replace the repti carpet. Also I would recommend a strip light uvb for lighting as well as the basking light. And I don't know about your tank size but I would definitely recommend 65+ gallons, ideally 75 gallons; but bigger is better.
:)
As far as the two tanks they were filthy!!! I cant believe she was living in them. I myself would of been to ashamed to take something like that to anyone. The first night they were in the house I could smell them all the way into my bed room. I cleaned the small one first. Then about for days later cleaned the large one. Using a hand held steamer. Rubbed them down inside and out with alcohol to get the water spits off. None of the contents have been put back except for her hammocks. And one flater large peace. It looked like it could hold water for a different type animal. So I had bought a couple of little pillows for her. The one fits perfectly. I havent been giving her the dried crickets at all or the dehydrated veggies. I bought fresh veggie that were recommended. I have yet to see her eat them. There some other kind of grandual food she come with for protein that I've been giving her. I order roaches but they havent come yet. I seen the money was taken out of my account though. I send several emails to them. I was making out a new order with roaches.com when the other place contacted me that my order was being shipped out. If it's not here tomarrow I will place the second order. I dont have any pet shops near me. I'm in the middle of BFE. (Bum Fxxk Egypt) She must be eating some of it when I'm not looking but it sure would be nice to know exactly what shes taking in. As far as water its bottled water because I have well water with a water softener. I dont trust it. She will drink from her dish. Do you think her natural instincts will kick in for live food? And any advise on how to get her to eat the veggies in a manner that I know how much and what she's taking in. Yes I'm dusting them with the calcium powder. I recieved my new light and just ordered bulbs for it. I couldnt find what they call white or day lights so I ordered one that's called blue. I got the Zilla Sol Pro mini 20" with timer. Plus the other 2 lights she came with. I ordered the UVB Aand UV jeez I just went brain dead. UVA maybe? She gets taken out of the tank daily and she now moves around alot. To much in fact she walked right off my couch onto the floor she landed. I read they wouldnt do that.....but wrong, she sure did. I have a leach on my next order. What else? My roomate says she's very active at night. Thrashing her water dish around She loves to soak in the bathtub. I'm mostly concerned with her eating right now. I just got her to eat a small worm.

Attachments

• 16190460658962678834651541625062.jpg
    16190460658962678834651541625062.jpg
    557.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210416_124206.jpg
    20210416_124206.jpg
    774.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210413_175107.jpg
    20210413_175107.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
As far as the two tanks they were filthy!!! I cant believe she was living in them. I myself would of been to ashamed to take something like that to anyone. The first night they were in the house I could smell them all the way into my bed room. I cleaned the small one first. Then about for days later cleaned the large one. Using a hand held steamer. Rubbed them down inside and out with alcohol to get the water spits off. None of the contents have been put back except for her hammocks. And one flater large peace. It looked like it could hold water for a different type animal. So I had bought a couple of little pillows for her. The one fits perfectly. I havent been giving her the dried crickets at all or the dehydrated veggies. I bought fresh veggie that were recommended. I have yet to see her eat them. There some other kind of grandual food she come with for protein that I've been giving her. I order roaches but they havent come yet. I seen the money was taken out of my account though. I send several emails to them. I was making out a new order with roaches.com when the other place contacted me that my order was being shipped out. If it's not here tomarrow I will place the second order. I dont have any pet shops near me. I'm in the middle of BFE. (Bum Fxxk Egypt) She must be eating some of it when I'm not looking but it sure would be nice to know exactly what shes taking in. As far as water its bottled water because I have well water with a water softener. I dont trust it. She will drink from her dish. Do you think her natural instincts will kick in for live food? And any advise on how to get her to eat the veggies in a manner that I know how much and what she's taking in. Yes I'm dusting them with the calcium powder. I recieved my new light and just ordered bulbs for it. I couldnt find what they call white or day lights so I ordered one that's called blue. I got the Zilla Sol Pro mini 20" with timer. Plus the other 2 lights she came with. I ordered the UVB Aand UV jeez I just went brain dead. UVA maybe? She gets taken out of the tank daily and she now moves around alot. To much in fact she walked right off my couch onto the floor she landed. I read they wouldnt do that.....but wrong, she sure did. I have a leach on my next order. What else? My roomate says she's very active at night. Thrashing her water dish around She loves to soak in the bathtub. I'm mostly concerned with her eating right now. I just got her to eat a small worm.
Oh my please ditch the colored bulb they are harmful to the eyes and can cause long term eye damage -- she needs darkness to sleep and cool temps like 65-75 ----- please get rid of the Zilla Pro Sol if its the one I am thinking of the last person I know that used it it killed the dragon they burnt it up -- temps got too hot and she over heated --- please get a regular basking bulb w/ a digital probe thermometer -- like this
I am going to post what you need - I had posted in my earlier post what you need but they are out of stock so go here and get the UVB basking bulb and probe thermometer --- this is for a 40+ gallon tank
https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-high-output-terrarium-hood 24" fixture
https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-100-uvb-high-output-bulbs 22"bulb
the fixture comes w / a 5.0 bulb hang on to it for a back up distance and placement is different from the one you are ordering -- that one needs to be used for a tank of 40+ gallon -- if she is still in a smaller tank the 5.0 bulb can be used but let me know if that is the case so I can help you place it
Please get a bright white basking bulb solid NO coils - you can order on line from Petsmart or petco looks like this
digital probe thermometer https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-digital-thermometer-for-terrariums petco or petsmart have these as well ---
You need this stuff ASAP--- NO colored bulbs please -- if shes surfing at nite its the red bulb shut it OFF ---

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Do you really live in egypt? Thats cool, what kind of water softener do u have and what kind of sodium gets used? (I live in FL and have well water and a water softener, ours is safe for my lizards , for her eating salads , my beardie will only eat them when theres bugs mixed into it AND bee pollen, idk why my girl is so picky , that’s what ive had luck with, try making a bug burrito with some veg, you may need to start her on sweet veggies first then wean her onto the greens , I recommend carrot(at most 2 times a week) (carrot can be a calcium binder but shed have to eat her body weight in it to affect her) otherwise carrots are great in vitamin A and is great for eye health, i cant think of any other sweet veggies, i think squash is sweet? (Idk)

Bree112

Bearded Dragon Egg
Oh my please ditch the colored bulb they are harmful to the eyes and can cause long term eye damage -- she needs darkness to sleep and cool temps like 65-75 ----- please get rid of the Zilla Pro Sol if its the one I am thinking of the last person I know that used it it killed the dragon they burnt it up -- temps got too hot and she over heated --- please get a regular basking bulb w/ a digital probe thermometer -- like this
I am going to post what you need - I had posted in my earlier post what you need but they are out of stock so go here and get the UVB basking bulb and probe thermometer --- this is for a 40+ gallon tank
https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-high-output-terrarium-hood 24" fixture
https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-100-uvb-high-output-bulbs 22"bulb
the fixture comes w / a 5.0 bulb hang on to it for a back up distance and placement is different from the one you are ordering -- that one needs to be used for a tank of 40+ gallon -- if she is still in a smaller tank the 5.0 bulb can be used but let me know if that is the case so I can help you place it
Please get a bright white basking bulb solid NO coils - you can order on line from Petsmart or petco looks like this
digital probe thermometer https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-digital-thermometer-for-terrariums petco or petsmart have these as well ---
You need this stuff ASAP--- NO colored bulbs please -- if shes surfing at nite its the red bulb shut it OFF ---
I looked up the basking light link. It has different wattage. What watt bulbs for for the current tank 20" high? It does have a spiral bulb right now. So I need to ditch that one asap. My other question is....I have a wood cabinet with glass frontage that I'm turning into her new aquarium that is 50" long x 32" high × 15" wide? Three sides will have foam board. That is what a bought the Zilla pro for. Those bulbs I have coming are 50 watt. From all the reading I've done I thought the higher temp would be okay for that enclosure? I plan on having different levels she can get to thru out that cabinet. So essentially I'm using the glass tank she's in temporarily. Which is 12" wide 20" tall. There are pictures of the cabinet I'm going to refurbish. There happens to be 2 light fixtures already but they are not ceramic. I'm debating weather or not to utilize them by replacing the fixture its self? What are your thoughts and advise? I've been looking at the digital thermometers trying to figure out witch one and how many.... everything I've read is they need a peticular basking area. So I was trying to figure out where that would be according to the lighting system. I'm guessing I will need at least 4, some with the longer cord.? Wow that was alot.....hopefully you can follow or figure it out.

Attachments

• 16191008623189073357540842055574.jpg
    16191008623189073357540842055574.jpg
    709 KB · Views: 8
  • 16191009587965804994366033179337.jpg
    16191009587965804994366033179337.jpg
    989.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 16191011461913510870431337874896.jpg
    16191011461913510870431337874896.jpg
    648.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 16191018667245840770978846404105.jpg
    16191018667245840770978846404105.jpg
    781.2 KB · Views: 8

Bree112

Bearded Dragon Egg
She’s definitely a little over weight, beardies puff up (some days my beardie looks like skin and bones other days she looks bloated and i get worried) the best indicator of over weightness is their tail, you want to be able to just bearly see their hip bones, can you post a pic of just her hips/back legs and tail base.

Attachments

• 16191022004399171049309472908571.jpg
    16191022004399171049309472908571.jpg
    691.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 16191022402199074583889566918420.jpg
    16191022402199074583889566918420.jpg
    847.6 KB · Views: 9

Bree112

Bearded Dragon Egg
Are those pictures okay? Any way you can send me a picture of one that's not over weight so I can see what were aiming for. Keep in mind both her parents are giant beardies.

Bree112

Bearded Dragon Egg
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
kale is a great staple feeder
Here are some websites for insects/ worms
www.dubiaroaches.com great staple feeder they send small horn worms order medium they grow REALLY FAST
www.mulberryfarms.com butterworms and horn worms good treat worms
https://flukerfarms.com/crickets-live-feeder-insects/ -- they have really nice super worms if you order supers from here you will need a plastic container w/ holes in the lid and you will need bran to feed them --
reptilianarts.com nice silk worms another good staple feeder if you order bulk like 50 or more you will need food to feed them as well and clean containers out daily --
if you need any more help please ask
Feed the staple feeder 2 times per week but cut down on the worms for her the supers are fattening so to get her weight down I would feed sparingly - the horn worms are a hydrating worm
Thank you for all those links.

Bree112

Bearded Dragon Egg

Hi, this is so Sad to hear!! The lady was improperly feeding him & he’s way over weight & could have or get fatty liver disease. Never ever feed mealworms or dehydrated anything. 1st of all get that Beardie tested ASAP at Reptile vet for Coccidia. It’s a stool sample ($50) to rule out parasites/Coccidia. It’s deadly & with unsanitary cages they get this. Use white terry cloth towels as a substrate. Give the Beardie a fresh plate everyday of greens/veggies: the Best/Everyday ones are: mustard greens, collard greens, dandelions, yellow squash( lots of calcium in it), butternut squash, endives amd green beans/snap peas. Cut them up to size amd do 2-3 of each in a plate everyday u can switch it after 4hours so it’s fresh & place it on the cold side. They love mustard greens & the squashes. Fruits are good a few times a week; blueberries like 6, mangoes and papaya. And for proteins do crickets & Dubia roaches like 15 Every other day lightly dusted in calcium powder 3-4 times a day once per week & herptivite vitamin powder once a week on a non calcium day. Give him a bath twice per week on lukewarm dechlorinated water but reptisafe if u dotm have a filter system. Don’t get water in his ears fill up the sink or bath tub with water so it’s way below his kneck of its too high they aspirate & breathe in water which leads to an URInfection. Also he needs a zoomed heat lamp amd a Reptisun 10.0 T5 for UVB this uvb needs replacing every 6Mnths buy a new one to be safe u cannot trust what the prior owner was doign. The length U order should cover 70percent of the tank & he needs a hideaway to get away from it as needed. Hammocks are great behind the basking spot & place a soft terry cloth towel over it amd a soft fleece blanket underneath so he has a hideaway. Also take him out to run around an exercise so he moves/loses weight. Baths 2/week & more if he’s shedding, Luke warm dechlorinated water for 15min minimum then pay him dry and place dune the heat lamp. Give him a bath ASAP to get him to poop all the crap out that she was feeding him. Buy reptisafe if your water is not filtered & don’t get water in his ears fill it up way below his neck and let him soak. This Beardie needs you, follow the above and he will be in gr8 shape soon.

Bree112

Bearded Dragon Egg
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
kale is a great staple feeder
Here are some websites for insects/ worms
www.dubiaroaches.com great staple feeder they send small horn worms order medium they grow REALLY FAST
www.mulberryfarms.com butterworms and horn worms good treat worms
https://flukerfarms.com/crickets-live-feeder-insects/ -- they have really nice super worms if you order supers from here you will need a plastic container w/ holes in the lid and you will need bran to feed them --
reptilianarts.com nice silk worms another good staple feeder if you order bulk like 50 or more you will need food to feed them as well and clean containers out daily --
if you need any more help please ask
Feed the staple feeder 2 times per week but cut down on the worms for her the supers are fattening so to get her weight down I would feed sparingly - the horn worms are a hydrating worm

Bree112

Bearded Dragon Egg
That's alot of info to follow. You said the hammock should be behind the basking light. So the light shouldnt shine on the hammock at all, right? She likes to go under that red light on the cushion. I was told to ditch the red light. I have the UVa and UBV coming from amazon prime. The tank shes in now should be good for the light system I have coming. I will raise it if it is too hot. I'm going to order the thermometers today. She loves her baths. I have well water with a water softener system. Someone said that's fine for them. Although I have been giving her bottled water to drink. In other tub I have it deep enough for to float with her front legs touching the bottom. The other end of the tub is shallow enough for all 4 legs to be down. If I move her to that end she goes back to the deeper end every time. I got the bath stuff down. I had automatically patted her dry before returning her to the tank. As far as exercise she seems to be getting plenty when I take her out daily. She has free roam now and loves it. I feel bad putting her back in the tank. At first she only moved about a foot. She never had freedom before. I even took her for a ride in my truck on the dash when it was a warm day. She had opened her mouth during that time. Which I didnt know why. I read it's how they cool down or they do that when there at perfect temperature and happy. I personally think it was cuz she was happy. I'm having the most trouble getting her to eat greens. I bought kale, cilantro, parsley, green beans, those flat pea pods. Cut them up and took out the little pea so it was separate, tiny tomatoes (which I read they shouldnt have much cuz of the acid) sweet potato that I havent tried yet, a mixed salad with no lettuce in it, I have given her a few blueberries but only four at most at a time, not often, with the calcium powder. What kind of vitamin powder you suggest? I've seen different ones and different brands. I never thought I'd be anticipating roaches coming.

Bree112

Bearded Dragon Egg
That's alot of info to follow. You said the hammock should be behind the basking light. So the light shouldnt shine on the hammock at all, right? She likes to go under that red light on the cushion. I was told to ditch the red light. I have the UVa and UBV coming from amazon prime. The tank shes in now should be good for the light system I have coming. I will raise it if it is too hot. I'm going to order the thermometers today. She loves her baths. I have well water with a water softener system. Someone said that's fine for them. Although I have been giving her bottled water to drink. In other tub I have it deep enough for to float with her front legs touching the bottom. The other end of the tub is shallow enough for all 4 legs to be down. If I move her to that end she goes back to the deeper end every time. I got the bath stuff down. I had automatically patted her dry before returning her to the tank. As far as exercise she seems to be getting plenty when I take her out daily. She has free roam now and loves it. I feel bad putting her back in the tank. At first she only moved about a foot. She never had freedom before. I even took her for a ride in my truck on the dash when it was a warm day. She had opened her mouth during that time. Which I didnt know why. I read it's how they cool down or they do that when there at perfect temperature and happy. I personally think it was cuz she was happy. I'm having the most trouble getting her to eat greens. I bought kale, cilantro, parsley, green beans, those flat pea pods. Cut them up and took out the little pea so it was separate, tiny tomatoes (which I read they shouldnt have much cuz of the acid) sweet potato that I havent tried yet, a mixed salad with no lettuce in it, I have given her a few blueberries but only four at most at a time, not often, with the calcium powder. What kind of vitamin powder you suggest? I've seen different ones and different brands. I never thought I'd be anticipating roaches coming. I've read different forums and videos that crickets dont have much protein and they can bite so I didnt order those. I know you dont leave them in the tank to bite but still........her tank is only 4 foot to the right of me in my livingroom. I guess I'll order some just so she has a variety. I gotta get her to eat the fresh greens some how. Has anyone giving any greens in the bath as long as there's no poop in there? They would float I think?