• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Advice Please (hump on back?)

RDT

Hatchling Dragon
Is this light set ok?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221018-192408_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20221018-192408_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 21

Krystal0

Juvenile Dragon
That shouldn't happen.
Hi, I adopted an unwanted beardie a year ago and he has been good but recently I ve noticed a possible hump in his back ,looking at old pics it's always been there I me just worried it's mbd. He has the correct lighting ,temp and calcium powder, could I have some thoughts please.

Sam-E

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
27°C = 80.6°F
Not everyone is in the US on this forum. At least, that is going to be my guess lol.

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today? Have you been able to purchase the Arcadia tube UVB light thus far?
I hope he is doing better & eating well. Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

RDT

Hatchling Dragon
Hi, yes I have the uv and literally about to start putting the changes in place ,I ll put a picture up when finished.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, yes I have the uv and literally about to start putting the changes in place ,I ll put a picture up when finished.
Ok so please tell me if your screen is a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type - this is going to determine where it needs to go for placement and distance

RDT

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so please tell me if your screen is a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type - this is going to determine where it needs to go for placement and distance
The vivarium is wooden top, glass doors, I have lowered the basking spot so the temp measures 40 cel, I lowered the shelf (on left ) so it's 15" below the uv which is centered on the ceiling. I moved the heat bulb to the middle of the cage. I have not yet changed the substrate it's due here tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20221022_165455.jpg
    20221022_165455.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The vivarium is wooden top, glass doors, I have lowered the basking spot so the temp measures 40 cel, I lowered the shelf (on left ) so it's 15" below the uv which is centered on the ceiling. I moved the heat bulb to the middle of the cage. I have not yet changed the substrate it's due here tomorrow.
Ok good -- please get a digital probe reading on the hammock if that is now where the basking bulb is over --- 95-100

RDT

Hatchling Dragon
Ok good -- please get a digital probe reading on the hammock if that is now where the basking bulb is over --- 95-100
The basking spot is onto of the house (on right of the vivarium) it has a digital thermometer reading 40 degrees Celsius

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The basking spot is onto of the house (on right of the vivarium) it has a digital thermometer reading 40 degrees Celsius
Ok she may not like that hot of a temp --- watch the behavior and how long shes basking there for--- if not long you might want to lower it to 95-100 -- what is the distance from that shelf to the basking bulb? You dont want it any closer than 6"

RDT

Hatchling Dragon
Ok she may not like that hot of a temp --- watch the behavior and how long shes basking there for--- if not long you might want to lower it to 95-100 -- what is the distance from that shelf to the basking bulb? You dont want it any closer than 6"
It's 9" ,it's a 75 watt bulb ,I ve got a 50 watt too to try if it's too hot.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's 9" ,it's a 75 watt bulb ,I ve got a 50 watt too to try if it's too hot.
Ok 9" is good --- watch her basking times --- if shes not basking there for long try using the lower wattage bulb then watch her behavior --- bulb wattages are trial and error for dragons and what they like to have for heat

RDT

Hatchling Dragon
Hi ,I me getting paranoid about spikes back ,he is active ,eating and seems happy and content, could it be he has lost a bit of weight that his hind quarters look this way ,more opinions would be much appreciated, thankyou.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi ,I me getting paranoid about spikes back ,he is active ,eating and seems happy and content, could it be he has lost a bit of weight that his hind quarters look this way ,more opinions would be much appreciated, thankyou.
Please post a pic of the back and area in question -- we need Tracie to take a look - is the hump growing? Did you get your basking temps and lighting all in check now? Weigh him please - kitchen food scale weigh in grams and keep track of it ---
@Drache613

RDT

Hatchling Dragon
Sorry, here is a picture
Please post a pic of the back and area in question -- we need Tracie to take a look - is the hump growing? Did you get your basking temps and lighting all in check now? Weigh him please - kitchen food scale weigh in grams and keep track of it ---
@Drache613
View attachment 32921

RDT

Hatchling Dragon
Sorry, thought I had.

Attachments

• 20221024_173305.jpg
    20221024_173305.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • 20221024_172657.jpg
    20221024_172657.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 13

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Temps and lights are spot on
Ok so that is good- is the hump/ bump getting bigger? You may need to get him into a reptile vet---- heres a website to find one -- if your in a small area / town type in a bigger cities website closest to you
www.arav.org
in the meantime I want Tracie to take a look to see what she thinks
His tail looks good - its thick / fat
@Drache613