• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

911!! i need help!!

HTX_JESSICA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ok so today i noticed my beardie hiding under his basking spot tryin to go to sleep!?!?!
im so scared does anybody know if this is normal hes been fine but he just did this today i hope hes ok im a rookie to this so i would apreciate if someone could help thanx.

SxDx1986

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
hes probabley trying to regulate his body temperature and its all ok as long as hes eating regulary.its also been warmer out so the ambient air temp inside your house is warm as well.i use powersun and exoterra all in one bulbs for my guys so i dont have to worry about plugging in 2 strip lights but idk.i guess its all preference but youre little guy should be okay.i always keep a small basin of water jic they want to soak or defecate(as it helps sometimes).are you keeping him on reptile carpet or alfalfa pellets?theyre both very good substrates as the alfalfa helps w smell control.also when theyre young theyll rely more on protein as opposed to favoring veges so try to get him to be open to a variety of feeders.(right now mine favor hornworms and superworms and the crickets can be a pain to monitor in the cage so i only give them on handfeeding on occasion.)i always post more than enough info jic youre new to the whole thing

HTX_JESSICA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
yea hes really a great eater i just freaked out because he is usually really active during the day im still going to take him to the vet for a check up on sunday just to be sure better safe than sorry well thanks for all the info im using carpet its working out really good so far and i have a basking spot ant a uvb bulb but hes not the type that goes in the water to soak hes probably going to discover it pretty soon also im keepin him in a 10gal tank temporaly so do u think that might be the cause he is about 3 months old.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
As my beardies have been getting older I have notices that they will take little "cat naps" under their heat lamps. They do it a little more now, but they did it too when they were younger. It's like they are becoming bums.

If he's in a 10 gal. tank I would check the temps. It's really hard to have a basking spot and cool side in such a tiny space. It's good that he is still eating. Is he still going to the bathroom regularly?

HTX_JESSICA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thanx guys not to sound nasty but we gave him his 1st bath today and he let out a big one lol well im relieved to hear hes ok lol im a first timer so i tend to ask alot of questions sorry guys.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We do not put water in any of our cages but we soak them 2 times a week.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardies rarely drink, they get the moisture they need from food & baths. I usually mist veggies b4 feeding, water dishes can trap bacteria if not rinsed out & changed daily.

HTX_JESSICA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
oh ok i see well thanx for the info
also can i post a pic of his feces?
i figure u guys would know what normal its suposed to look like

HTX_JESSICA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
DSCN0418.jpg
TODAY THIS ONE LOOKED BIGGER THAN HIM LOL

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What are you feeding it looks ok to me

HTX_JESSICA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Reptiworms, crickets, salad, small meal worms, 2 waxworms a week he eats alot lol
im taking him to the vet tomorrow for his 1st check up i feel sorry for the vet because im going to be asking alot of questions.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have water bowls in both of my beardies tanks. Midna, my female, LOVES hers. She drinks out of it and she plays in it too. I am trying to get a picture or recording of her playing in it still. She slides into the water, wiggles around till she is all wet and then slides out of it and wiggles like she is swimming once she is out of the bowl. It's the craziest thing to see :confused:. I always go running for my camera and by the time I get back she is done and back in her basking spot. I swear I'm got to put my camera right next to her viv :rolleyes: As for drinking, she drinks out of it about every other day or so. I seen her last night do it about an hour before it was lights out. My hubby finally got to see her do it, lol.

As for Link, I have just seen him drink out of it but not that often. And he doesn't play in his.

And both beardies get baths ;)

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If that is a current picture of him I would stay away from the meal worms if you want to feed worms use supers and make sure there size appropriate many don’t feed meals or supers till there dragons are much bigger. just my opinion.

KrisWithaK1225

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I have water bowls in both of my beardies tanks. Midna, my female, LOVES hers. She drinks out of it and she plays in it too. I am trying to get a picture or recording of her playing in it still. She slides into the water, wiggles around till she is all wet and then slides out of it and wiggles like she is swimming once she is out of the bowl. It's the craziest thing to see :confused:. I always go running for my camera and by the time I get back she is done and back in her basking spot. I swear I'm got to put my camera right next to her viv :rolleyes: As for drinking, she drinks out of it about every other day or so. I seen her last night do it about an hour before it was lights out. My hubby finally got to see her do it, lol.

Lol that's what my girl, Rusty did when she was younger. In fact, the picture that I uploaded for the photo contest here is the picture that I took of her when she was sliding around. (My picture is "K" btw and a few more votes would be nice :p)

HTX_JESSICA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
If that is a current picture of him I would stay away from the meal worms if you want to feed worms use supers and make sure there size appropriate many don’t feed meals or supers till there dragons are much bigger. just my opinion.

No hes way bigger now i have to post pics hes growing up so fast yeah i heard about the meal worms i rarely give him any but i keep some just in case..and thanks for the advice

HTX_JESSICA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member

As for Link, I have just seen him drink out of it but not that often. And he doesn't play in his.

And both beardies get baths ;)

how cute lol....do u house yours together?
the thing with the camera i do that to is like if they know your goin to tak a pic so they stop lol
titan likes to drink water from his bowl he does this funny thing wen he see's his reflection

HTX_JESSICA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
so i took titan to the vet today for a check up and everything seems to be fine the vet told me he looks very healthy and he had a fecal test to check for parasites and he was all good he seemed really interestd on the breeder he told me that he can tell that he was very well taken care when he was a baby.
i was happy to hear that.

Latest posts