• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

2011 Beardie Feast Photo Contest Discussions!

LemonIceCitrus

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Im sorry to inform you that according to the contest rules you guys dont qualify to enter the photo contest. Members must be registered on or before the timestamp for the creation of this thread. Which refers to the creation of the contest thread.
GOOD EYE MAYBE YOU SHOULD BE A MODERATOR

Debz

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I know I can't enter the comp but this is the pic I would of entered, Dexter eating his Dubia roach, nom nom!
DSCF0829.jpg

Debz

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks, had to catch him quick with the camera! lol I have lots of other different ones but didn't want to fill the page with them.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
hey, l'm looking at some of these guys eat and l am wondering why am i finely dicing everything up?
what's the do with size ect of food. Should l be finely dicing everything or am l just being an over protective mama?

Debz

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Jane if your dragon prefers it that way why change it? lol
rule of thumb is to never give your dragon anything bigger than the space between the eyes. some people put a few big green leafy veg in their enclosure for their dragon to tear off and eat, but if it's not fastened down in some way most dragons will just walk around with it in its mouth lol, personally I would chop everything up small for a baby.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks, l was worried about impaction due to using carrots, apple squash etc so l started to finely dice them and l guess it's kinda stuck. I think l will xontinue doing it, it only takes a couple of minutes to dice and Yoda eats well.
Whats the saying... if it aint broke, don't fix it. Besides when it's all chopped up, l scoop a little on my finger and let him eat from it. The kids love watching - especially when Yoda gets really excited and decides to have a little nibble at my finger.
The belly laugh (the laugh that a baby has that comes from deep within the belly) from the kids is worth the risk of a little love kiss..

Latest posts