• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Young Beardie Behavior

andy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello!! I am new to this forum and this is my first post, sorry if this issue has already been discussed on this forum. A few weeks ago I rescued a baby beardie from somebody who no longer wanted it. The lizard is quite healthy and shows no sign of abuse or neglect, however it does not take to handling very well and opens its mouth and hisses at me, I own another lizard and know that these are signs of agression. I have heard from several people that own beardies tell me that this is odd behavior for them and the normally take well to being handled. Is this normal for a baby, or is it odd? and is there anything I can do to stop such behavior or will it grow out of it?

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Its not unheard of in a little one.
Keep in mind that its whole world has been changed.
Think of it as a fear aggression.
Time and patience will take care of it.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Tom is right it just hasn’t been handled much give it time pick it up and hold it he will calm down. And Welcome to the Forum post some pictures of your Dragon.

andy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Alright thanks alot guys, that really makes me feel better (who would want a vile and nasty dragon as a pet?) I will be posting pictures of it soon

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hahaha, so long as he's not breathing fire, he can't be that vile! ;):)

Latest posts