• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Whats uppppp!!!

lshotbambi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Just received a leather back hypo translucent bearded dragon for my bday yesterday. We went to a reptile convention and I picked out this female. Definitely the best looking one in that container. The better ones were up in the $250 range but I'm extremely happy with this one. I've never owned a BD before so I may bomb this forum with multiple questions. Is misting the tank as well as the BD necessary? I heard it hydrates them as well as helps them shed and they will drink the water drops off the glass. How many crickets should I feed her daily? should I mix up the diet with other bugs than crickets and greens? Is taking her out of the tank everyday bad for her? Is it ok if I put her romaine lettuce in the water so when she eats she consumes water as well?
The picture isn't great at all. I have a sh**** phone. But is does give you an idea of how big she is. Can anyone tell me how old she is roughly? oh, and her name is Hailey or Wolf Hailey.
wolf hailey.jpg

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Happy Birthday and Welcome to the Forum ..can you tell us what size tank you have her in and what kind of lighting you have this is a good site for food http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html to try to get the age we need a weight and length .Ask all the questions you want we like to help.

lshotbambi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
It's temporarily in a 10 gallon tank. I plan on moving her to my 29 gallon tank which is taken up by my fish at the moment. She is about 8 1/2 inches counting the tail. Hopefully her moving around a lot in the tank means she's healthy?

lshotbambi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
oh and I have a 60w for the heat lamp and a 26w 10.0 UVB that takes up over half of the top cage cover

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok she may be moving to try to cool down need them temps a 29 is only going to be ok for a month or so as far as age 8 to 12 weeks old depends on how she was fed

lshotbambi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I don't have a temperature gauge. Just bought what I could yesterday. How many crickets should I feed her a day? My friend is telling me 5. Don't you let them eat until they are full and stop eating?

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
thats a good way to start i always give them 5 at a time and if they eat all 5 then give them 2 more and so on and see where they stop eating and if they dont eat all 5 then that will give you a good start of where you should be at feeding them... also they might not eat as much b/c of all the changes going on with new surroundings and stuff... and it might take them a min to eat my beardie eats really slow mabe 1 every 3 mins and my friend east 3 every min...

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What size crickets are you feeding they should be no bigger then the space between his eyes

lshotbambi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
The first day I got her she was on my shoulder for a good 4-5 hours as we went to different stores to buy supplies and she ate 4 crickets within roughly 30-40 seconds. After we put her in an empty tank and ate 4 more. Eating the first 3 in about to same time. The last one took a while for her to catch

lshotbambi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
yes, they aren't very big. A little bit smaller than a finger nail, if not the same size

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just keep an eye out for impaction did you try and ask if they can order you in smaller crickets a lot of private owned shops will do that

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
If that doesnt work there is always online cricket farms you can order from.

Latest posts