• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What type of bug is this?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Yes that’s what they are called. I always just call them wood bees. He loves dead honeybees also.
A dead wasp or bee can still sting, look it up its quite interesting, I personally wouldn’t feed them,…. But people are gonna do what they’re gonna do….

Whitrroze

Bearded Dragon Egg
You shouldn't feed your bearded anything from the wild. I have been researching beardies and it says everywhere not to feed wild bugs and such. Hope this helps.

coleslaw4dinner

Bearded Dragon Egg
What type of bug is this? And is it safe for my bearded dragon? It was walking around in my yard and just wanted to know.
thanks
If it came with your feeder, chances are it's one of those cleaner beetles. If you found it in the wild or in your house, don't feed it. (imagine picking up a sandwich on the side of the road and eating it ;-) wouldn't want to do that)

Munchie93

Bearded Dragon Egg
It was found in my yard. I always feed stuff from the wild and no bad effects. I’ve just had him to the vet about a month ago and they said he is healthy with no parasites or anything. I told them he eats wild caught bugs and the vets said nothing about it.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It was found in my yard. I always feed stuff from the wild and no bad effects. I’ve just had him to the vet about a month ago and they said he is healthy with no parasites or anything. I told them he eats wild caught bugs and the vets said nothing about it.
We’ve all warned you, if he gets sick , it wont be fun for anyone….